Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks a ton mate,take ya time
will wait fo ur reply! :)
For darkslayer:

Kb combo for Dell 15R N5520:

All keys are combo with Fn key:

F1: Laptop to projector or vice versa, i/e enable or disable the side vga/hdmi port.

F2: Wifi on/off

F3: Disable/Enable touchpad

F4: Decrease screen brightness.

F5: Increase Screen brightness.

F8: Media control, reverse.

F9: Media Control, play/pause.

F10: Media Control, fast forward.

F11: Volume decrease.

F12: Volume increase

Black no specific key right of F12: Mute volume.

Hope this helps :)

darkslayer

Broken In
For darkslayer:

Kb combo for Dell 15R N5520:

All keys are combo with Fn key:

F1: Laptop to projector or vice versa, i/e enable or disable the side vga/hdmi port.

F2: Wifi on/off

F3: Disable/Enable touchpad

F4: Decrease screen brightness.

F5: Increase Screen brightness.

F8: Media control, reverse.

F9: Media Control, play/pause.

F10: Media Control, fast forward.

F11: Volume decrease.

F12: Volume increase

Black no specific key right of F12: Mute volume.

Hope this helps :)

thanks a lot tkin
i'm really grateful n gratified!! smiles :)

nandu26

In the zone
Guys how are the NEW Iinspiron 15R laptops? I cant find the reviews anywhere, the specifications are awesome. Its not on Flipkart yet.

ci3-38,000+
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

ci5-42,000+
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

I checked amazon.com reviews by inputting the CPU name and users have reported good/stable performance with these ULVs. You can itself check out amazon/newegg reviews. I am unable to find reviews of dell 5521 but plenty of other manufacturers has laptops with these CPUs.

I wonder why there are no reviews posted on the dell official site.

These CPU's may not be good for gamers (I am not a gamer. so i don't know). I hope browsing, word processing, programming will be fine.

I am going to buy this from dell but there is no VGA port. But I am still thinking..

tkin

Back to school!!
Reviews mean nothing, most amazon reviewers can't tell performance apart when they play angry bird on their PCs, ULV processors suck, any power user/gamer will agree with me.

Now a question to all:

I got my Inspiron 15R N5520 and registered it online with Dell, now its showing warranty upto Dec-2013, just like hard disks, how do I extend it to Feb -2014? I see no such option in dell site :|

ratul

█████████████████
Reviews mean nothing, most amazon reviewers can't tell performance apart when they play angry bird on their PCs, ULV processors suck, any power user/gamer will agree with me.

Now a question to all:

I got my Inspiron 15R N5520 and registered it online with Dell, now its showing warranty upto Dec-2013, just like hard disks, how do I extend it to Feb -2014? I see no such option in dell site :|

Contact DELL CC for assisstance.. :) :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Contact DELL CC for assisstance.. :) :p
Closed after 6:00PM, will call them tomorrow, someone in fb said I just need the invoice, dell site says something similar as well, but want to know if I can call cc and get the warranty period in website extended to Feb-2013.

Is there no one here that have any experience with this?

ratul

█████████████████
Closed after 6:00PM, will call them tomorrow, someone in fb said I just need the invoice, dell site says something similar as well, but want to know if I can call cc and get the warranty period in website extended to Feb-2013.

Is there no one here that have any experience with this?

well, mine shows correctly till 22-06-2015, DELL CC will definitely correct it for you, you can call on Premium Support no., which is 24x7 available: 18004252073

tkin

Back to school!!
well, mine shows correctly till 22-06-2015, DELL CC will definitely correct it for you, you can call on Premium Support no., which is 24x7 available: 18004252073
Isn't premium support only for XPS and alienware laptops, or for businesses?

darkslayer

Broken In
guys today i checked my inspiron 5520's warranty
it shows various things
Services Provider Start Date End Date
NBD (Next Business Day on-site) Dell 29-03-2013 29-03-2014
COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME Dell 29-03-2013 29-03-2014
POW (Parts Only Warranty) Dell 29-12-2013 29-03-2014
LS (no description available) Dell 29-12-2013 29-03-2014
POW (Parts Only Warranty) Dell 28-12-2012 29-12-2013
LS (no description available) Dell 28-12-2012 29-12-2013
COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME Dell 28-12-2012 29-03-2013
NBD (Next Business Day on-site) Dell 28-12-2012 29-03-2013

so is my warranty till 29/03/2013 only??
i bought last month

tkin

Back to school!!
guys today i checked my inspiron 5520's warranty
it shows various things
Services Provider Start Date End Date
NBD (Next Business Day on-site) Dell 29-03-2013 29-03-2014
COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME Dell 29-03-2013 29-03-2014
POW (Parts Only Warranty) Dell 29-12-2013 29-03-2014
LS (no description available) Dell 29-12-2013 29-03-2014
POW (Parts Only Warranty) Dell 28-12-2012 29-12-2013
LS (no description available) Dell 28-12-2012 29-12-2013
COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME Dell 28-12-2012 29-03-2013
NBD (Next Business Day on-site) Dell 28-12-2012 29-03-2013

so is my warranty till 29/03/2013 only??
i bought last month
Check end date, it till 2014.

Now from where did you buy? You have 1 month extra warranty.

tkin

Back to school!!
i bought on 13th jan, from homeshop18 superdeals
and it shows shipped on 28 dec 2012
so the warranted started from 28th dec?
No, check the start date on your warranty.

Update on Dell 15R N5520:

Installed AC3, the switchable driver picked it up flawlessly, running absolutely fine, FPS is nothing to write home about and I'll only play AC3 once I shift my gaming rig to my workplace, but as a test it passed fine, the first run for games and 3d apps run on the intel and the driver automatically prompts you to select the mode, you could also do it beforehand as well, the game suffered from loading issue and ram limitation(2GB) and temporary hanging and one crash but all points to the 2GB RAM which was maxed out, something a ram upgrade will definitely fix, so far I intend to play games like COD/BF3 on this and don't think there will be any issue, temps were fine as well.

Now guys, I want to try this out, even Anandtech prompts to use this driver to play games: *leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2013/01/leshcats-catalyst-13-1-whql-unifl-v2-1-for-amdintel-laptops/

Will report once I had installed and configured it, cat 13.1 should give AC3 a boost as well.

And finally this is where nVidia shines, their GPUs are slower but their driver support is absolutely flawless as all versions work with all sorts of graphic cards including mobile cards.

Check this out: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/170077-custom-drivers-intel-amd-laptops.html#post1840604

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
And finally this is where nVidia shines, their GPUs are slower but their driver support is absolutely flawless as all versions work with all sorts of graphic cards including mobile cards.
err.... NO. :lol:

nVidia Optimus will outrightly refuse to work in Linux with the proprietary driver. My laptop works with Catalyst in Linux.

Even for many nVidia Windows laptops you need to get the driver from OEM. nVidia's driver on the site won't work. Same is the case with AMD. OEM don't push updates and that's why we have Leshcat.

tkin

Back to school!!
err.... NO. :lol:

nVidia Optimus will outrightly refuse to work in Linux with the proprietary driver. My laptop works with Catalyst in Linux.

Even for many nVidia Windows laptops you need to get the driver from OEM. nVidia's driver on the site won't work. Same is the case with AMD.
Nope, the AMD custom driver developer said that nVidia drivers work better outright in his site, check his poll: Leshcat
And forget linux, a gaming gpu has no use in linux, what will you play with it :lol:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope, the AMD custom driver developer said that nVidia drivers work better outright in his site, check his poll: Leshcat
And forget linux, a gaming gpu has no use in linux, what will you play with it :lol:
Doesn't change the fact that it is NOT 'better' outright. Not even 'better' actually. It's the same situation. OEM's not pushing updates after having customised switchable graphics.

aaaaaand.... do you live in a cave? There games which are meant to be ran on a laptop (performance). They do work on Linux + faster than on Windows. The joke's on you buddy. ;)

*i.imgur.com/aMLHxa1.png

Top Bottom