Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Please post the Hardware id of your FHD Screen......mine is SEC5448.....its video quality is very poor.

To Find The Hardware Id of Monitor : Go to Device Manager > Left Click the Monitors > Right Click the Generic PnP Monitor > Right Click the Properties > Left Click The Details Tab > Select Hardware ids from the Property Tab.

mine too is sec5448. what do you mean by poor? i'm satisfied with the display except for pixelations in dark backgrounds during video playback.

yes, it has the option of either full backup (c: and system drive), or backing up individual files and folders, but for what you are asking, i think no software could do that, coz then, registry problems would arise...
So i would suggest you to uninstall all the software you don't need in backup (or format c: and install required drivers and dell utilities), and then take the backup of your c: and system drive, keep it somewhere safe and then install all the softwares, now you have the backup you were talking about.. :p
I talked to a dell technician , He told me recovery disc would do my job .. !!! ie just the OS backup ! !! is it true or what den ??

ratul

█████████████████
I talked to a dell technician , He told me recovery disc would do my job .. !!! ie just the OS backup ! !! is it true or what den ??

yes, recovery discs contains the image of the system given to you by DELL, i.e., after recovering from the discs, your system would be in the same state as it was when you received the lappy, that means all the bloatwares, dell services and drivers would be installed..

Noob1

Broken In
Guys how are the NEW Iinspiron 15R laptops? I cant find the reviews anywhere, the specifications are awesome. Its not on Flipkart yet.

ci3-38,000+
Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop Details | Dell India

ci5-42,000+

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys how are the NEW Iinspiron 15R laptops? I cant find the reviews anywhere, the specifications are awesome. Its not on Flipkart yet.

ci3-38,000+

ci5-42,000+
For a reason, both these laptops have ULV(Ultra Low Voltage) processors with pathetic clockspeeds compared to normal processors, so while you'll pay for i5 performance you'll get something between i3 and i5 performance and the i3 version will perform worse than A8.

tkin

Back to school!!
^Thx, I thought these were really good:)
Check processor name, if its i3/i5xxxxM its ok, if its i3/i5xxxxU, stay away, these are targeted towards low power consuming ultrabooks, their performance per watt is unbeatable, but for a premium and also at the cost of performance per rupees.

yes, recovery discs contains the image of the system given to you by DELL, i.e., after recovering from the discs, your system would be in the same state as it was when you received the lappy, that means all the bloatwares, dell services and drivers would be installed..
hmm ..thx for info !

Noob1

Broken In
Check processor name, if its i3/i5xxxxM its ok, if its i3/i5xxxxU, stay away, these are targeted towards low power consuming ultrabooks, their performance per watt is unbeatable, but for a premium and also at the cost of performance per rupees.

Thank you for letting me know.

xeon

Broken In
I had ATI radeon version 9 driver version in my dell inspiron. I carried out a Windows Update. After Installing the updates and restarting the laptop I saw that the Ati driver version from 9 has reverted back to version 8 that comes preinstalled, the one that is there in the dell drivers and support website. Does windows update installed that ? Now I have removed catalyst and I am downloading the latest driver from AMD website.

ratul

█████████████████
I had ATI radeon version 9 driver version in my dell inspiron. I carried out a Windows Update. After Installing the updates and restarting the laptop I saw that the Ati driver version from 9 has reverted back to version 8 that comes preinstalled, the one that is there in the dell drivers and support website. Does windows update installed that ? Now I have removed catalyst and I am downloading the latest driver from AMD website.

most probably yes, that why it's advisable to review the list of updates before updating, and remove the tick from updates not needed, in future if you see AMD or Intel GPU drivers in windows update, right click it and hide it from update list..

Binary_Hero

Broken In
Am buying this--Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Anyone having this laptop please advice.

darkslayer

Broken In
Another question!
Few days back I bought dell inspiron 15r 5520,
i'm visually impaired and work wid a screen reader so i'm not able to figure out the default fn keys behavior.
though, the signs would've been there on the f1-f12 keys, but no use for me.
i got to know few by exploring such as, fn+f2 for enabling wifi, fn+f3 for disabling dell touchpad fn+f11 and f12 for adjusting volume.
guys could u please let me know the other remaining keys behavior?
i even tried to look for this on the dell community but nothing's there
ur kind help would be highly appreciated
Regards

tkin

Back to school!!
Another question!
Few days back I bought dell inspiron 15r 5520,
i'm visually impaired and work wid a screen reader so i'm not able to figure out the default fn keys behavior.
though, the signs would've been there on the f1-f12 keys, but no use for me.
i got to know few by exploring such as, fn+f2 for enabling wifi, fn+f3 for disabling dell touchpad fn+f11 and f12 for adjusting volume.
guys could u please let me know the other remaining keys behavior?
i even tried to look for this on the dell community but nothing's there
ur kind help would be highly appreciated
Regards
I bought the same and will be delivered today, give me a day to set it up.

xeon

Broken In
most probably yes, that why it's advisable to review the list of updates before updating, and remove the tick from updates not needed, in future if you see AMD or Intel GPU drivers in windows update, right click it and hide it from update list..

After updating windows my system became a bit slow, the booting and the start up time increased ? I restored my laptop before windows update now its same as before. Do you guys update windows ? Did you experienced slowness after windows update ?
I check the update list there was Amd driver with the name:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - AMD Radeon HD 7730M Download size: 106.7 MB

ratul

█████████████████
After updating windows my system became a bit slow, the booting and the start up time increased ? I restored my laptop before windows update now its same as before. Do you guys update windows ? Did you experienced slowness after windows update ?
I check the update list there was Amd driver with the name:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - AMD Radeon HD 7730M Download size: 106.7 MB

yes, i always update windows, especially if it's windows 8, as it's relatively new, and it's been a routine for M$ till now that none of their windows are good and stable until first SP is released, till then it's better to be updated, but the rumors are around that there would be no SP for windows 8 and future versions.. :(

Top Bottom