vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
yeah. And we can upgrade nano suit now for crazy new abilities. A sleek menu shows up if we hit Select button. IIRC, There are nearly 20 abilities to unlock.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
PC demo on March 1 :D
Crysis 2 PC demo coming March 1 | Crytek

Goddamm! March 1st is a holy day for me. Crysis 2 demo and BF3 news blowout! Hell! I'm fill'd with excitement.

And for all, Crysis 2 PC's MP is 8v8! Not them console beaches having 4 people less. :mrgreen:

@vickybat: We never know what FB2.0 holds but one thing's for sure, it'll have life-like destruction ever in a game. BC2 had great destruction, here's hoping BF3 will have even-awesome destruction (it'll have). And.... errr...... yeah, I'm not comparing Crysis 2's MP with BF3's, I'm just saying FB2.0 is an overall bettah engine.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Imo cryengine 3 will be better overall. As far as damage is concerned, nothing beats cryengine3 and everything is dynamic. It even has an in house physics engine and its much better than previous crysis.

So i stand with cryengine 3 as the superior game engine. Lets wait to see the verdict when both games come out.:-|

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Interms of destructibility, frostBite 2.0 FTW! :p (im a crysis fanboy btw)
but both of 'em are must buy for me :D

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Behold the power of CRYENGINE 3

*i53.tinypic.com/acqus8.png

Some features of cryengine 3

* Simultaneous WYSIWYG on all platforms in Sandbox editor
* "Hot-update" for all platforms in Sandbox editor
* Flow graph
* Integrated vegetation & terrain cover generation system
* Real time soft particle system & integrated FX editor
* Road & river tools
* Vehicle creator
* Multi-core support
* Real time dynamic global illumination
* Deferred lighting
* Natural lighting & dynamic soft shadows
* Volumetric, layer & view distance fogging
* Normal maps & parallax occlusion maps
* Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
* "Uber Shader" technology
* Eye adaptation & high dynamic range(HDR) lighting
* Motion blur & depth of field
* Character animation system
* Character individualisation system
* Parametric skeletal animation
* Procedural motion warping & IK solutions
* Facial animation editor
* Subsurface scattering
* AI editing system
* Dynamic pathfinding
* Automated navigation mesh generation
* Natural world effects
* CGI quality time of day system
* High quality 3D water
* Dynamic volumetric light beams & light shaft effects
* Integrated multi-threaded physics engine
* Streaming environments
* Interactive & destructible environment
* Deformables and soft body physics
* Rope physics
* Performance analysis tools
* Sandbox development layers
* PolyBump
* Offline rendering
* Resource compiler
* Data-driven sound system
* In-game mixing & profiling
* Dynamic sounds & interactive music
* Environmental audio
* High Speed Texture Rendering
* Key frame-accurate sounds in animations
* Sound moods
* Ray tracing

Take that FROSTBITE 2.0.:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Seriously? Multicore support, Deferred Lightning, Soft shadows, Natural lightning, SSAO, HDR, Motion blur, depth in field, Dynamic Path finding, Integrated Physics engine, Destructible environment, High speed texture rendering, Environment Sounds... :|

most of the features, tools in that list are there in every video game engine.. next time.. mention AA support, MSAA support, Foliage support, Ambient Occlusion support, etc... jesus.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Imo cryengine 3 will be better overall. As far as damage is concerned, nothing beats cryengine3 and everything is dynamic. It even has an in house physics engine and its much better than previous crysis which used havok.

Are you sure the previous Crysis used Havok. Doubt that..?b Always thought their physics system was designed from the ground up and more fitted to CryEngine, and not as generic as Havok.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Seriously? Multicore support, Deferred Lightning, Soft shadows, Natural lightning, SSAO, HDR, Motion blur, depth in field, Dynamic Path finding, Integrated Physics engine, Destructible environment, High speed texture rendering, Environment Sounds... :|

most of the features, tools in that list are there in every video game engine.. next time.. mention AA support, MSAA support, Foliage support, Ambient Occlusion support, etc... jesus.

well, the list did mention 'realtime global illumination', which saves a hell lot of time for the developers, and not many game engines do that...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Are you sure the previous Crysis used Havok. Doubt that..?b Always thought their physics system was designed from the ground up and more fitted to CryEngine, and not as generic as Havok.
That's correct. Both, Crysis and Crysis: Warhead used Crytek's own physics integrated in the CryEngine.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
And... err... oh, FB1.5 has the best animations, you'll know this if you've played the BC2's MP part (ask Jojo). And FB2.0 is using ANT tech. or somethin' which provide awesome animations. Hell, I'm a Crysis fanboi like nobody but FB2.0 seems to be a wee bit better than CE3. CE3 doesn't haz full real-time destruction (though it has minor destruction which I saw in the leak'd gameplay). After playin' BC2, I can't stand launchin' a rocket and the wall not breakin', I can't imagine how ossum BF3's destruction will be. Oh yeah, JETS!!

EDIT: Just watched the story trailer, and my Gggod! CRYSIS FOREVER!

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Yes, you are right buddy. Cryengine 2 did not use havok and had its own physics engine. Thanks for correcting. Post edited.

Crysis 2 takes multicore support to a whole new level. Way more optised than any other previous titles for multi cores.

And... err... oh, FB1.5 has the best animations, you'll know this if you've played the BC2's MP part (ask Jojo). And FB2.0 is using ANT tech. or somethin' which provide awesome animations. Hell, I'm a Crysis fanboi like nobody but FB2.0 seems to be a wee bit better than CE3. CE3 doesn't haz full real-time destruction (though it has minor destruction which I saw in the leak'd gameplay). After playin' BC2, I can't stand launchin' a rocket and the wall not breakin', I can't imagine how ossum BF3's destruction will be. Oh yeah, JETS!!

EDIT: Just watched the story trailer, and my Gggod! CRYSIS FOREVER!

I have played batlefield BC2 and i am well aware of frostbite engine. Even tried medal of honour multiplayer which has FB 1.5 i guess. Haven't tried vietnam yet.

And i can gurantee that FB 2.0 cannot match realtime damage of cryengine 3. I have seen the FB2.0 demo and although its very good, cannot match cryengine 3.

Have you tried the original crysis? Try shooting the trees and see what happens. Have you tried the same in battlefield bc2? What happened there?

Thats the difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom