vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Crysis 2 takes multicore support to a whole new level. Way more optised than any other previous titles for multi cores.

Thats what every developer says. :|

I have played batlefield BC2 and i am well aware of frostbite engine. Even tried medal of honour multiplayer which has FB 1.5 i guess. Haven't tried vietnam yet.

And i can gurantee that FB 2.0 cannot match realtime damage of cryengine 3. I have seen the FB2.0 demo and although its very good, cannot match cryengine 3.

Have you tried the original crysis? Try shooting the trees and see what happens. Have you tried the same in battlefield bc2? What happened there?

Thats the difference.

Fascinating. Try running... crysis in a medium config. You'll know the reason.

At the end of the day, what counts is, "how many people are able to play your game", not "how many branches are breaking." And EA, Crytek Both learned their lessons.. they realized that the poor performance of the game's sales might be something to do with the System resources that the game demands.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well it happily runs at high on mine and warhead runs at enthusiast settings with 2xaa but at 1600x900 resolution cause my monitor is not full-hd.

Crysis's single player campaign is way better any day than battlefied bad company 2. And btw bfbc2 is also a resource hog and need more than decent system to run on high settings. I gave the branch breaking example because of people pointing towards battlefield's destruction and damage level superior to crysis.

And those branches stole hearts of everyone who saw the game for the first time. The most realistic foilage you would see in a game back then and still looks best.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ BFBC 2 ran three times better than what crysis did on lower end systems. Many of my friends.. who had tough time running crysis at Ultra low.. managed to run BFBC 2 at reasonable settings with acceptable frame rates.

And yea.. every one loved breaking branches. I was looking at the videos drooling.. only to realize that my lower end PC will not even manage to maintain a constant 15Frames mark.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^ Well it happily runs at high on mine and warhead runs at enthusiast settings with 2xaa but at 1600x900 resolution cause my monitor is not full-hd.

Crysis's single player campaign is way better any day than battlefied bad company 2. And btw bfbc2 is also a resource hog and need more than decent system to run on high settings. I gave the branch breaking example because of people pointing towards battlefield's destruction and damage level superior to crysis.

And those branches stole hearts of everyone who saw the game for the first time. The most realistic foilage you would see in a game back then and still looks best.

Yeah, Crysis is THE best looking game. But you have not seen the demo of FB2.0 yet. Just some screens. And no, CE3 doesn't has good destruction. Crysis had only tree destructing capabilities, you couldn't destroy the buildings. And for your info, all the destruction which you saw in the trailers are animations, not real-time. FB2.0 IS THE ONLY engine which has real-time destruction (and of course, RF: Guerilla), FB1.5 was animation too.

^ BFBC 2 ran three times better than what crysis did on lower end systems. Many of my friends.. who had tough time running crysis at Ultra low.. managed to run BFBC 2 at reasonable settings with acceptable frame rates.

And yea.. every one loved breaking branches. I was looking at the videos drooling.. only to realize that my lower end PC will not even manage to maintain a constant 15Frames mark.

BTW, vamsi, you upgraded your PC? Which GPU ye havin'?

Last edited:

Bc2 has the best destruction created till now. You can destroy everything here. When did crysis feature razing a building to the ground? Never. hell you can pawn dudes in bc2 just by shooting the tree and the tree hits the dude and kills him. We call this destruction 2.0.
Crysis is also a very good game, and its campaign is way better than bc2 because crysis is a sp game and bc2 is mainly a multiplayer. I'm sure who ever bought bc2, bought it for the mp only. And bc2 is 10x better optimized than crysis. You can play the game without a hang on mid settings on a mere 8600GT where as crysis makes the card weep.
But to be frank and tell the truth, i bought my 1st gfx card just to play crysis.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Upgraded last year. HD 4890.

And yes, RF:G needs a eipc OMG. No game in the business comes close to the RFG's destruction.

See it HERE.

Can you justify your statement?

Thats not the destruction demo. Thats just one of the Engine features. Destruction demo is not on the internet. It was just showcased(I guess).They call it Destruction 3.0. They called it Destruction 2.0 In BFBC2

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Stranglehold says HI to you. ;-)

yes. It was. But Stranglehold will not allow me to blow up the entire building into bits of concrete where the gunfight is going on. The game world object's are distributable in stranglehold.. But the gameworld itself is destructible in RFG

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Stranglehold DIDN'T require an entire structure to be blown up, in RF:G, there was a necessity, as a lot of missions were centered around it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ yea.. thats why I said, it has more destructibility than stranglehold.

Anyways, Stranglehold was one of the games that gave testament about Havok Physics engine.

cyborg47

Technomancer
See it HERE.

Can you justify your statement?

say u hid in some bunker..or a building...I want to kill u..
If its CE3, i ll have to get inside and take u out!
If its FB 1.5 or 2.0 i ll just take a bazooka and blow the entire fcking building up :D...man im smart :p

Vamsi said it happened to him, he got himself hid in some bunker, thinking that he escaped a tank...but that tank blew the whole bunker..lol.

Its not that CE3 sucks are anything, its just that it doesnt need to have those kinda destructibility, it definitely has some really cool physics (like the deformations caused by explosions, even on consoles etc etc).

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yup.. thats one of the best moments in my gaming life...

There was this tanker.. firing at the crew. So, to be safe... I just entered a house.. to take a vantage point. as I'm in the house.. i felt a bit safe, and was roaming around for any collectibles... But shortly, that damn tank fired on the house I was in. Blowing the whole building up, including me. I was like... WTFZOMGLOL!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Not quite fair to compare BC2 to Crysis in terms of Engine for functionality. The former was released years later. Also I could raze down buildings in Warhead.

Plus I found BC2 to be the buggiest game I ever installed. Never ran out of the box. Huge patches which were never incremental down loads, sound issues, CTDT, BSOD. After the last 1GB I could never run it. Utter junk. At least Crytek releases tested and post- developed builds.

Though both games have not much in terms of story line. Just pure eye candy which we all need at times.......!

cyborg47

Technomancer
Not quite fair to compare BC2 to Crysis in terms of Engine for functionality. The former was released years later. Also I could raze down buildings in Warhead.

Those were steel sheds..the actual buildings were not destructible at all.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@Asingh, Guess you ran out of luck bro. It ran without issues on my rig. Except the black square blocks issue, which itself was ATI's driver screw up.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Why do I get the feeling that this sequel would easily surpass it's predecessor? I hope they have a giant ass boss battle, like the one we had in the first game. I still remember my FPS plummeting to single digit in that level, but still I continued playing it.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
say u hid in some bunker..or a building...I want to kill u..
If its CE3, i ll have to get inside and take u out!
If its FB 1.5 or 2.0 i ll just take a bazooka and blow the entire fcking building up :D...man im smart :p

Vamsi said it happened to him, he got himself hid in some bunker, thinking that he escaped a tank...but that tank blew the whole bunker..lol.

Its not that CE3 sucks are anything, its just that it doesnt need to have those kinda destructibility, it definitely has some really cool physics (like the deformations caused by explosions, even on consoles etc etc).

I get your point buddy and you're kinda right. Crysis never needed such destructions as it had a different theme. It never had that many buildings except for that school level. The thing that blew me away back then was the alien level where gravity is lost suddenly and you explore the innards of the alien cave. Brilliant visuals.

Now from the trailer vids i have seen, crysis 2 has incredible damage levels and its not fair to count it out. The open world gameplay of crysis also makes it stand out from the rest and it was very much well made unlike far cry 2 which too was open world but s***ed big time.

Cryengine 3 should not be counted out as its a very powerful game engine and has immense potential. If the leaked dx9 visuals look so good and polished, imagine how the final version will turn into.

A strong contender for game of the year 2011 just like the original.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Why do I get the feeling that this sequel would easily surpass it's predecessor? I hope they have a giant ass boss battle, like the one we had in the first game. I still remember my FPS plummeting to single digit in that level, but still I continued playing it.

I totally agree with you buddy. Even my framerates plummeted during the final boss battle against that alien warship. But it was great fun. Enemies in crysis 2 are lot smarter than the original and the suit is even more advanced and has some 20+ upgrades. So the possibilities from a gameplay perspective are vast imo.

Just saw the leaked video and the story sounds really really promising. Is it gonna support DX11 or upto DX10?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Now from the trailer vids i have seen, crysis 2 has incredible damage levels and its not fair to count it out..

As I said it earlier, those are animations. The crumbling of buildings in BC2 are animations too. FB2.0 is the only engine venturing to the "real-time destruction" road. Real-time as in, if you hit a building to the left, it'll crumble differently, if you hit to the left-right, crumbles differently and like that.

Hell, you makin' me look like I'm a Crysis-hater! Sh*t! I love Crysis, I'll remember it till Judgment Day or till the end of my life, but this BF3 is a new kid in the block and it has grabbed my attention as much as Crysis did.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

@Asingh, Guess you ran out of luck bro. It ran without issues on my rig. Except the black square blocks issue, which itself was ATI's driver screw up.

+1. Bad luck, asingh. :p

Darn! I'll quote this again, vamsi.
BTW, vamsi, you upgraded your PC? Which GPU ye havin'?

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
As I said it earlier, those are animations. The crumbling of buildings in BC2 are animations too. FB2.0 is the only engine venturing to the "real-time destruction" road. Real-time as in, if you hit a building to the left, it'll crumble differently, if you hit to the left-right, crumbles differently and like that.

Hell, you makin' me look like I'm a Crysis-hater! Sh*t! I love Crysis, I'll remember it till Judgment Day or till the end of my life, but this BF3 is a new kid in the block and it has grabbed my attention as much as Crysis did.

He he sorry for that buddy. You truly are a crysis fan. One can make it out from your avatar and your siggy.

Well i will try crysis 2 on march 22 and pass the verdict about damage. But i have a feeling that crysis 2 will have much more damage and destruction levels than the original crysis.

In one of the videos i had seen of crysis 2, alcatraz wielded a grenade launcher and was firing them on a fight scene. The grenades were doing considerable damage to a building nearby and its pillars showed incredible real time damage. Check it out.

Top Bottom