CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy / Ivy Bridge Cpus !!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Drop of noctua first? Just for testing? The TX4 is amazing though, I am planning to switch very soon.

Is there any need? U alredy have the NT H1 applied...do some benchies...lemme do the same with teh TX4 :)

My cpu has the batch no 3103b451......did a google search...this is what I came across...

Link 1

Link 2

This is what I was talking about

*i.imgur.com/BZsZt.gif

Wat do u say about it?

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Drop of noctua first? Just for testing? The TX4 is amazing though, I am planning to switch very soon.

The more you apply, clean, re-apply and repeat the cycle. The quicker you will wear out the machine finish of the contact surfaces. Will loose performance.
:)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
The more you apply, clean, re-apply and repeat the cycle. The quicker you will wear out the machine finish of the contact surfaces. Will loose performance.
:)

Thanks for the valuable input...this has put paid to tkin's designs :twisted:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Look at this NEW NZXT Havik 140 CPU cooler it looks Super and perform well too.
Reviews
Hardwaresecrets
Neoseeker
Legitreviews

NZXT HAVIK 140 Installation (Intel)
[YOUTUBE]YPKOeOZd-Yw[/YOUTUBE]

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ looks nice and I liked the 2x 140mm fans - this should keep every CPU cool ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats, Where did you get it, from Hyderabad? The stock thermal paste should do the job. Check the temps with it first.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
a very informative and timely presentation.

But IMO it will be a ONE STOP COVERAGE if the following guides are there

1)how to remove STOCK HSF from cpu in case the thermal pads are felt to be feviquick on cpu during removing
2)The washing liquid to clear the old remnants
3)and a lapping guide.(which cooler requires which grit sandpapers)

Also want to know in stock cooler can i change only the fan and not the heatsink.(noise issue)

I have also bookmarked it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom