CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy / Ivy Bridge Cpus !!

Renny

Padawan
Thanks. I don't want to cross Rs. 500 because its a pretty old system.

Off-topic - My Zotac 9400GT idles at 70C and becomes very hot on load (frame rate drop), what can I do about this? (Any equivalent fans for GPUs like the ones available for CPUs?)

Myth

Cyborg Agent

Off-topic - My Zotac 9400GT idles at 70C and becomes very hot on load (frame rate drop), what can I do about this? (Any equivalent fans for GPUs like the ones available for CPUs?)

Air clean the system, brush off the dust from the gpu/heatsink. Check airflow inside cabinet.

Proper ventilation, adequate air flow, clean inside and outside, good PSU and at least one cabinet fan blowing cool air from outside directly in the graphic card; maybe through a duct. I did the duct thing with my cpu and gpu (8400gs :p) and the results were good.

Renny

Padawan
Cleaned it and re-applied thermal paste, but the fan is screwed up - one of the blades is broken, it struggles to spin and there's no way I can oil it.

Cleaned it and re-applied thermal paste, but the fan is screwed up - one of the blades is broken, it struggles to spin and there's no way I can oil it.
No other way than to replace it. You can do it yourself. Just seperate the heat sink from the board and unscrew the fan and attach a new fan. But, you'll have to reapply a TIM to the gpu.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
see if you can fix/mount a 80mm fan on the top of 9400GT and for cpu cooler look for Antec A20 - should cost you ~600 bucks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
What is the best Water Cooler among Corsair H60 2013 Edition, Antec Kuhler H20 620, Coolermaster Seidon 120M which can OC i5 4670K to 4.5GHz as all of them are in the same price bracket.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Deepcool Gamma Archer (Basic Cooler for non-k CPU's)

Review Link:

Price Link:Deepcool GAMMA ARCHER CPU Cooler - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO (Best Cooler for non-k CPU's)

Review:

Price Link
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO: Amazon.in: Electronics

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
My CPU i5 760 really heating up while playing GTA V, 90-95 C

Cooler Master Hyper TX3

*paytm.com/shop/p/cooler-master-hyp...cooler-COOLERMASTER_HYPERTX3_2800RPM_NULL_247

Rs 1643

Top Bottom