EXIT: DATA Junkyard
*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1037/phenom_965_overclock2.jpg

X4 965 is a GREAT OCer

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1037/phenom_965_overclock3.jpg

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1037/phenom_965_overclock4.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Great OC numbers does not mean that it has Great stability.

Phenom II X4 965B.E. max stable OC is 3.8Ghz which is only 400Mhz higher than it's stock clock speed.

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-x4-965,2389-3.html

Using 1.5V on Asus’ M4A79T Deluxe—already a fairly aggressive voltage setting—we were able to hit 4 GHz with the 3.4 GHz Phenom II X4 965. That setting was unstable, though, and we scaled back to 3.9 GHz. Unfortunately, crashes in a couple of our benchmarks forced us to drop back to 3.8 GHz, where we were able to complete the full suite of tests. The top result in each forthcoming chart reflects the performance improvement of adding 400 MHz to AMD’s new flagship.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes. that's the threshold for that core. It can't go beyond that without having additinal cooling and overvolting

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Well, everyone's got different OCing. And the one's I posted are of a reviewer site and it's 100% stable.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, well may be.....

OC varies from chip to chip ( that's include mobos & procs from the same series - I know )

If I'm not wrong the pic you posted is from legit review... :p

Guru3d guys reached 4Ghz with 1.55 vcore which I think is too much high & they were getting cpu temp of 50C on idle which I think is too much high

*www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x4-965-be-processor-review-test/5

but I don't know if it's stable or not coz on the next page they tested the stability with prime95 @ 3.8Ghz clock speed & around 1.375 Vcore.

*www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x4-965-be-processor-review-test/6

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Intel Preps Sub-$150 Core 2 Quad Q7600

Core 2 Quad Q7600 still adopts 45nm process clocked at 2.7GHz.It has a 800MHz of FSB,13.5X of multiplier.L2 cache capacity has be scaled down to 2MB,the same as current Pentium dual-core series.

Unfortunately,this quad-core processor dontt support SSE4.It is inferred that mysterious quad-core Q7600 just target at office users.

Compared to Core Q8000 series,Q7600 has increase in clock speed.If Q7000 series officially hit stores,its price will be lower further and become an affordable quad-core processor.

Source

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

I think ALthon II X4 still wins.

It has SSE4.a and plus, it will have 4MB L2 cahce(?)

Then Core 2 Quad Q7000 sucks comparitively.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Preps Sub-$150 Core 2 Quad Q7600

Core 2 Quad Q7600 still adopts 45nm process clocked at 2.7GHz.It has a 800MHz of FSB,13.5X of multiplier.L2 cache capacity has be scaled down to 2MB,the same as current Pentium dual-core series.

Unfortunately,this quad-core processor dontt support SSE4.It is inferred that mysterious quad-core Q7600 just target at office users.

Compared to Core Q8000 series,Q7600 has increase in clock speed.If Q7000 series officially hit stores,its price will be lower further and become an affordable quad-core processor.

Source

This will replace the Q8xxx series quads as this one is going to be great OCer IMO.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AMD Takes Notebook Discrete Graphics Market Share Lead

AMD today announced that according to the latest industry data, notebook manufacturers have chosen ATI Mobility Radeon Premium graphics processors to drive more than half of today’s discrete graphics notebooks. The data for mobile discrete graphics reveals a 36.5% market share gain, and 87.27% more units sold quarter-over-quarter through the first six months of 2009. AMD now holds the “Number 1” position with an overall 53% mobile discrete market share. The incredible momentum behind ATI Mobility Radeon Premium graphics processors is a result of:

Read on

otpsurvive

Broken In
Came across the AMD Athlon II X2 240 today. It comes at an amazing price of $52. It is now available in India too. And surprisingly almost the same price here too. The best VFM Proc. I come across many threads asking for the cheapest config. I think this proc would feature in each one of them. Perhaps this is the end of the semprons. Although, the semprons are still the cheapest, unless someone's on an extremely shoe-string budget, I wouldn't advocate it. This proc makes much better sense and even spec wise it rocks compared to the Intel's similarly priced E5300. Here's a pamphlet quoting the differences
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/3838789053_f5a8960fe0_o.jpg

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^That's superb info. It is gonna rule the budget segment.

But that is not what I need. I want AMD to rock the high-eng enthusiast segment.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I even doubt that in 2011. They can do severe R&D only when they get out of losses. Till then, they just have to stick in there!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Pentium E6500K Cracks 6GHz Mark!

The overclocker DFORDOG from Expreview forum has successfully overclocked Intel’s Pentium E6500K processor to a whopping 6GHz, which proves its great overclocking potential once again.

With the help of liquid nitrogen, DFORDOG conducted the fest with Biostar TP45 HP motherboard, K|ngp|n F1 cooler and 2×1GB of Geil memory. The validation can be viewed here.

Snapshots
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Clarkdale IGP Detailed, Tested

Finally, it boils down to performance. The Clarkdale IGP was pitted against Intel GMA X4500HD that's found on current Intel G45 chipset, and NVIDIA GeForce 9400 found on some high-end MCP7A-based motherboards, including the ION platform. While the superior graphics processing capabilities of the GeForce 9400 makes it almost inconsequential, the Clarkdale IGP performs almost twice as fast as GMA X4500HD overall. With HD video playback tests, the objective is to measure CPU usage. Lower the usage, the better. While the GeForce 9400 took the lead in most tests, again, the Clarkdale IGP outperformed its predecessor. It aced the Dual Stream H.264 20Mbps test with the lowest CPU usage.

Full article

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ The vcore ( 1.8V ) is too high.

But I doubt if it stays stable @ that speed & voltage. I've said this coz I' had seen that many of OCers who hits speed 5Ghz & beyond 5Ghz is not willing to show if the cpu styays stable at that speed. They could easily post a pic of prime95 or orthos or OCCT by running them for an hour atleast. That will give us some idea if it's stable or not.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes. What you said is true. I can overclock my 7750BE to 3.6-3.8GHz and take a cpuz validation but when I start a game, it will just crash. (meant OC-on-air)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
ASRock And MSI Preview P55 Motherboards

Meet MSI's P55-GD80, the company's highest-end P55-based offering, expected to run right around $200. As with many past MSI platforms, this one sports tasteful aesthetic touches, like black and dark blue components, classy, unobstructed cooling on the voltage regulation circuitry, and an oversized anodized-looking heatpipe.
*media.bestofmicro.com/p55-deluxe-p55-gd80,P-0-221220-13.jpg

We've actually spent some quality time with MSI's OC Dial feature, which worked well on the company's 790FX-GD70. OC Genie actually handles the overclocking process automatically by altering Bclk settings in the BIOS through a hardware-based IC. More than likely, this is something mainstream folks might be tempted to play with, but we're pretty confident that power users will choose to set their own parameters. Fortunately, two on-board Direct OC buttons facilitate 1 MHz Bclk adjustments in either direction.

Read more here: LINK

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've read about that. Anyway, Thanks for posting it in here :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AMD Prepares Phenom II X3 740

AMD is updating its Phenom II X3 triple-core processor lineup with the Phenom II X3 740 (PIB model: HDZ740WFK3DGI). With a clock speed of 3.00 GHz, the X3 740 succeeds the X3 720, although a Black Edition branding is expected, it can not be confirmed right now. Based on the 45 nm Heka core, the X3 740 features a total cache of 7.5 MB (3x 512 KB L2 + 6 MB L3). It features a bus multiplier of 15.0x which could be unlocked if it indeed is a Black Edition chip. It has a rated TDP of 95W. Following its launch tentatively in late September, it could end up being priced in the $130~$150 range, like its predecessor when it first hit shelves.

source: *techpowerup.com/102798/AMD_Prepares_Phenom_II_X3_740.html