Confusion between XBox 360 and Playstation3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetan.g

Journeyman
Hello everyone,

From long time I wanted to buy a gaming console.

Now, I wanted to buy but I am really confused weather to go for XBox 360 and Playstation3.

I am a naive in regards with the console thing, and just know that todays latest games are made only to run on consoles and not for PC.

Kindly advice me, which is the best console I should buy. As far as, my friends saying to go with XBox 360, but I want other suggestions too.

Yours experience and feedback really value my purchase.

Regards.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
wait till November for PS4's release. if its under your budget then buy it or else wait for PS4 price drop. I don't think you will see any Xbox 360 Price drops till next year as Xbox One will be released end of next year in Asia.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
You really are asking for opinion now? :p Now? When the last of us has been released? :p Get the ps3 now if you can't wait.

If you can wait,and we all suggest that you do, then wait for the ps4 to release and then get that.

buy pc. consoles are for 5 year olds.

Buddy , better change that post or there's going to be a war here. You will get banned for posting inflammatory comments. By the way, on the " how did you come to know of digit " thread , your answer " searching for a forum to troll on " gives the impression that your hear to cause trouble.

Shiva

varun004

Journeyman
it is my opinion that is all. I consider pc as a better platform for gaming than either of those consoles. If i can convince op to that than why not. Just here to discuss pro and cons. Does not mean i want to start a flame war.

The same thing happened around a week ago. It turned into an all out war between consoles. That thread was locked due to that.Some members here are very passionate about consoles. They will not leave you I'd you make such comments. I, for one, am neutral. I haven't played a lot on consoles so I can't give my opinion.

Shiva

darkv0id

Journeyman
OP it's quite difficult for us to assist you if you don't tell us about your preferences. What's your budget? What sort of games do you like? How important is the online experience for you?

As far as my opinion is concerned, you should undoubtedly go for the PS3. The 360's library is somewhat bland when compared to the PS3's, not only in terms of quality, but variety as well. You are bound to find something in almost every genre on the PS3.

As far as online is concerned, the PS3's online store needs some work. However, the 360's online community is notorious for being one of the most poisonous places on the web. As far as the paid online experience is concerned, PS3 wins hands down. You NEED Xbox Live for multiplayer, and even after paying $60 a year, you get an advertisement riddled experience. In contrast, you don't need PS+ for multiplayer, but getting PS+ means you get a couple of games FREE each month, and these games remain in your library provided you remain a PS+ subscriber.

And for all the praise the PS4 is getting, I would advise against buying a console on launch, unless there is a launch title you are crazy about. It's best to wait for ~1 year after the launch, for the prices to go down a bit, and letting the console library develop.

P.S. I just realized this sounds like an advertisement for the PS3, but trust me, unless COD is all you want to play, the PS3 is a much better choice.

I am eager for more of your insightful analysis.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

So according to you, "The Last Of Us" is for 5 year olds? :|
Comments like that don't really justify themselves in a technical forum.

Back your comments with proper justification mate.

Hello everyone,

From long time I wanted to buy a gaming console.

Now, I wanted to buy but I am really confused weather to go for XBox 360 and Playstation3.

I am a naive in regards with the console thing, and just know that todays latest games are made only to run on consoles and not for PC.

Kindly advice me, which is the best console I should buy. As far as, my friends saying to go with XBox 360, but I want other suggestions too.

Yours experience and feedback really value my purchase.

Regards.

If you want to buy a console now and want to play some real good exclusives that are a distant dream for pc, go ahead and buy a ps3.
It has a solid library of extremely good titles. Once you decide, we casn also give a list of must play games here. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
And for all the praise the PS4 is getting, I would advise against buying a console on launch, unless there is a launch title you are crazy about. It's best to wait for ~1 year after the launch, for the prices to go down a bit, and letting the console library develop.

Now this is real good advice. Op should consider this comment. Buying a new console at launch is not a great decision and applies for all consoles.
But PS4 till now, appears faultless. The development seems to be quite strong for that platform.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Yes. That is indeed good advice. Also sony said they will still support the ps3 for 3 more years I guess,so unless you can wait one year to buy a ps4 then get the ps3 now.

And it is a good idea to wait for a while before buying the ps4,not just because of the price drops,but also because there might be bugs and glitches that need to be fixed.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I haven't read the previous posts, but you have three options:

A. Get a PS3 now. Period.
B. Wait for the PS4.
C. Get a Wii U.

Krow

Crowman
PS3 doubles up as a blu-ray player, so is a good investment overall. I personally prefer the Xbox controller, nothing else against PS3.

Also, don't listen to the PC brigade. Consoles are excellent if you want to game, PCs are obsolete and you just can't keep upgrading every year. Gaming rigs are only for the super rich and the many kids on this forum who will argue endlessly about die size, architecture and forget all about the user.

PS2 was around for a long time after the launch of PS3, so don't worry about the longevity of the console.

Last, but most important, if you want a console, get it now. Don't wait for four-five months for a potential price drop. Five months of gaming is totally worth the extra money. Hope that clears your confusion.

Krow

Crowman
it is my opinion that is all. I consider pc as a better platform for gaming than either of those consoles. If i can convince op to that than why not. Just here to discuss pro and cons. Does not mean i want to start a flame war.

Have you read the thread title? Does it say console vs PC? No? Has anyone asked you whether PC is a better platform? No? Then why bring PC into the equation?

If you do not want to start a flame war, try staying on topic. There are enough threads in Fight Club section on consoles vs PC. Post there.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
PS3 doubles up as a blu-ray player, so is a good investment overall. I personally prefer the Xbox controller, nothing else against PS3.

Also, don't listen to the PC brigade. Consoles are excellent if you want to game, PCs are obsolete and you just can't keep upgrading every year. Gaming rigs are only for the super rich and the many kids on this forum who will argue endlessly about die size, architecture and forget all about the user.

PS2 was around for a long time after the launch of PS3, so don't worry about the longevity of the console.

Last, but most important, if you want a console, get it now. Don't wait for four-five months for a potential price drop. Five months of gaming is totally worth the extra money. Hope that clears your confusion.

Even though my platform of choice is the PC, I do agree with everything you say.

Only noobs go around touting die sizes, manufacturing processes and architectures as pros for PC gaming. In the end all that matters on PC is "is the system fast enough for [insert resolution and settings here]" and "how much better does it look and/or play than the console version" (basically how much more "fun").

You might have a trillion dollar PC, but in the end at 1080p even a 1.2-.15l PC will comfortably run all games for the next 3 years without hiccups.

@OP: You might want to keep in mind that Blu-rays and DVDs are region locked on the PS3. So if you have any plans to run Blu-ray discs in the future, you might be limited to discs purchased in region C if your PS3 is Indian. For DVD it is a game of roulette. We get discs from all around the world. Some work and some do not.

And if you must wait no matter what, then you might want to look at the upcoming titles (and also the ones already out) on the Wii U.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
@Chetan.g : Buy PS3 has a whole lot of exclusives like the recently released Last of Us,Killzone 3,Resistance 3,God of War 3,The upcoming Beyond:Two Souls and many more....PS3 also has free Multiplayer,for Xbox you have to pay 2.5k Per year/
It also is a better Media player than xbox because of
Inbuilt Blu-Ray drive
Better User Interface
Ability to store videos on HDD.

And you simply can't get a Good Gaming PC for 23k.
for a gaming PC(CPU/Cabinet and its contents only) your Minimum budget should be 45k

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
It's best if you wait for PS4. There are rumors that The Last of Us will eventually come to PS4. I'll wager for you to wait.

We'll all boycott PC for PS4 and there'll be more TDF players to have fun with games on PS4.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
PS3, shut up and give your money!! :p
So you're asking the PS3 to give you it's money? :lol:

I wish that was possible :p

I know what you mean. The correct way to phrase it is "PS3. Sony, shut up and take my money!"

Please read content inside spoiler tags before responding.

Krow

Crowman
So you're asking the PS3 to give you it's money? :lol:

I wish that was possible :p

I know what you mean. The correct way to phrase it is "PS3. Sony, shut up and take my money!"

Please read content inside spoiler tags before responding.

You read it wrong. What he meant was: PS3, shut up and give your money, chetan.g.

I think he was addressing it to chetan. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom