Check bsnl has called for a tender

SUPPLY OF GPRS/EDGE PC DATA CARD BUNDLED WITH CELLULAR MOBILE SERVICES OF BSNL
*www.netone.in/tenderindex.php

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Gary, I called the DGM again. Hes gonna have a meetin with GM for a press notification. I hope they will make it soon.

I will keep you updated rt after I get the card (if I ever get it !)

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
OK, finally the press notification came in today's newspaper. I applied for it in the afternoon and waiting for the details. I will keep you updated.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Its available in rural areas only it says. It has 60 seconds pulse and internet access charges @ rs 0.20 per min and .40 per min during non-peak and peak hours respectively. So its pretty much useless to me.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
if dats d case....ts better wit indicom walky....pulse system really sux.....u neva know wen u screwed urself

Enjoy~!

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
adithyagenius said:
Its available in rural areas only it says. It has 60 seconds pulse and internet access charges @ rs 0.20 per min and .40 per min during non-peak and peak hours respectively. So its pretty much useless to me.

Hmm, I have no clue which one you meant. My post is from the source

*www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

Also, I went to the BSNL office, met DGM, tested the card and confirmed all tariff details. Its a confirmed news and it is not only for rural, the pulse rate you mentioned is also wrong.

I applied for it, hope to get it this week itself. I will post more details then.

technoraja said:
When will this come to my Kerala???????

It reached Kerala :)

Contact the nearest exchange / DGM office.

I am also from Kerala.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yeah keep me updated with this new thing...

also the billing will it be included in the telephone bill of my bsnl landline ??
coz if soo then my dad's office will be paying for the net connection as it pays for my broadband....thanks to integrated bill !!

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
@din
That same linked showed different "updated" tariff which was very scary. Maybe it was goof up. But now its back to the attractive Rs250 unlimited thing.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
adithyagenius said:
@din
That same linked showed different "updated" tariff which was very scary. Maybe it was goof up. But now its back to the attractive Rs250 unlimited thing.
Sorry, didn't know that. Yes, may be the goof up.
aks_win said:
also the billing will it be included in the telephone bill of my bsnl landline ??
coz if soo then my dad's office will be paying for the net connection as it pays for my broadband....thanks to integrated bill !!
As far as I know this is seperate. This is just like a WLL connection but you get a data card instaed of phone. so billing will be seperate.

Still waiting for the card, they called yesterday to confirm the details etc ....

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Is it possible to temporarily suspend broadband connections and re-activate instantly. In my college we get holidays from May11th to August 1st. So for 3 months I wouldnt need broadband and wouldn't want to pay bill. So is it possible to suspend it and not pay bill and restart again from august without waiting for 8 months to get a new connection.
Actually I dont need this but my friends who live outside the state do.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
I got 2 data cards just now. Tested and seems - not bad. I will test more and will post the details.

Meantime, total rate per month will be

250 - for unlimited internet
150 - for monthly rental for the card
150 - for voice plan

So total will be 550 + tax

If this works good, then it worth as Reliance charge Rs.1500 + tax for the same.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^^
what about other details???
like what kind of card is this?
what are initial charges?
what speeds are you getting?
this works on laptop or desktop or both?
will it work on roaming???

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
gary4gar, actually as its new, the BSNL officials in commercial section had no clue about it, so no details form them. I had to give them many details, lol, not boasting. Now your questions ..

what about other details???

Was very busy, I will test more today / tomo and wil lpost all details

like what kind of card is this?

This is - Huawei data card - EC 321, I think tata has same (reliance is ZTE now). It is a PCMCIA card.

what are initial charges?

Security dep - 1000
Activation - 250
Security deposit (voice - no STD) - 500
Advance rental for 3 months - 450
Service tax - 87.00

Total initial charge - 2287.00

what speeds are you getting?

60 - 80 kbps, but I didn't test much

this works on laptop or desktop or both?

Works on laptop, but with a PCI to PCMCIA adapter this should work in PC too. I have PC here, will test and post tomo

will it work on roaming???

Not sure, I will test this weekend mostly.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
din said:
I got 2 data cards just now. Tested and seems - not bad. I will test more and will post the details.

Meantime, total rate per month will be

250 - for unlimited internet
150 - for monthly rental for the card
150 - for voice plan

So total will be 550 + tax

If this works good, then it worth as Reliance charge Rs.1500 + tax for the same.

How did you get the card? When I asked some BSNL DGM about it , he called some other DGM for info and said its in testing phase. He said, it will be announced once its released to the market.

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
OK, some more details.

As per the commercial officer, I am the first customer to use this card in Kerala state ! This may not be true and I never meant to boast here. But it is not launched in most parts.

In my case I was very lucky as the DGM here (aleppy, Kerala) is a very nice person, a younge gentleman who is ready to experiment on things and very helpful. I could test the card before buying, could meet him in his office and could test it together. And the commercial officer here is also very professional, eventhough it was new to all in the commercial office, they really helped me.

I got 2 cards, I took it in rental basis. One of the cards didn't work, so I went to commercial office again on saturday to change it, I got it replaced in no time.

Regarding speed again.

If you have a BSNL CDMA (not the mobile one) tower near your area, you may get upto 100 kbps. But if your place is far away, it may go down to 80 or 60.

Comparing other providers, BSNL rate is really good. For example, Reliance charge 1500+ tax for the same thing. And tata has no unlimited option ! They charge 1500+ tax with a data cap of 5 GB.

If you do not have any other option (I mean broadband etc) and if you have a BSNL CDMA tower near your place, this is a pretty good option as it cost only 550 per month for unlimited internet.

Regarding EVDO - as per the info form BSNL, they are in the process of installing it, not completed. The difference is, ICC will be available all over India (wherever CDMA coverage is there), but EVDO will be launched in selected cities / places only (may expand it later).

Regarding roaming, sorry, I couldn't test it yet.

Also it worked perfectly in laptop and in PC (I used a PCI to PCMCIA adpater).

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
@din
Why is it Rs550 per month.
Rs 250 for internet
Rs 150 for rental

So it should be Rs 400 + taxes (<450) per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom