Bloggers' Corner

shashank4u

Youngling
new update:
about worldcup matches ..india's schedule..
and about watching live streaming cricket on the internet..

if u r thinkin of watchin live matches of worldcup on the internet.
is there any service available or not..
The teams participating and updates:
here:
*www.techlivez.com/2007/03/cricketicc-world-cup-2007.html

comments are welcome.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I asked for the details so that people get interested in and read your entries. In this case, the title itself is exciting enough for people to want to read it. :)

shashank4u

Youngling
Here is the latest entry========

INSAT-4B the second in series of
INSAT satellites after INSAT-4A
will be launched in a
few hours from now.

INSAT-4B the second in the series after the INSAT-4 will
be launced with the help of Ariane-5 vehicle of Arianespace
from Kourou, French Guyana .
Main Points of Attracion :

* It will last around 12 years.
* Built indigeneouly by INDIA.
* Launch cost is estimated to be Rs.2.25 billion.
* Insurance Rs.600 million.

more points ,explanation and history..
here:
*www.techlivez.com/2007/03/indias-insat-4b-ready-to-go.html

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Hey aryayush good job man...Dont you have any of ur own blogs??My reps 2 u for starting this thread

shashank4u

Youngling
Mega article on VOIP telephony
review of some new services
like Fring beta and Devicescape

here it is :*www.techlivez.com/2007/03/voip-telephony-developments-and-options.html

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
well seeing all people here I have also started blogging(couldn't help it;) ) & the first post I have written is the review of Genius 525 Ergo laser mouse + Steelpad QCK combo....Anybody interested can check kirangp.spaces.live.com ....There will be more reviews coming:D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pirates of the silicon valley

I don't want you to think of this as just a film. Some process, of converting electrons and magnetic impulses into shapes and figures and sounds. No. Listen to me. We're here, to make a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here? We're creating a completely new consciousness. Like an artist; or a poet. That's how you have to think of this.
- Noah Wyle as Steve Jobs.

The story revolves around the two most important people in the computer Industry, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. We start off with Jobs and Woz, in their college years creating small time gadgets like the “bluebox” basically to earn some cash. Woz was amazing at electronics whom Jobs has claimed to have been the first person who knew more electronics than him. Soon we find Woz going on to make a computer, all by himself! Out of spare parts! No one had imagined anything like this, not in their time.

Read more...

I know this is not my blog but this is a very interesting entry and I wanted people to have a look at it. :)

Poster: goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
CSS screwing with me

I was working on implementing a design from photoshop to HTML, when the question of the navigation bar arrived.

I wanted four navigation buttons stacked side by side like this:
*img267.imageshack.us/img267/339/untitledhv7.jpg

I've done this little demo with MS Paint, so please excuse the bad graphics.

But no matter what I did, I kept on getting spaces between the images. I wasted three hours. Three hours on trying to figure out how to get those images to stack up side by side without any space. Searched the net, tried all the possible properties. Nothing. Still that bloody space.

Now there's something that HTML has taught me. Its that space within code doesn't matter. And so my code for the images looked like:

{img blah blah}
{img blah blah}

Which I've been taught should be read as one single line without the line break. After getting frustrated I finally just brought all the lines together:

{img blah blah}{img blah blah}

and voila! No spaces.

Now if someone could please explain why this was happening, or if there are any changes in the HTML/CSS spec that allows for spaces to be read, would be much appreciated.

*goobimama.blogspot.com

*goobimama.blogspot.com/2007/06/css-screwing-with-me.html

Last edited by a moderator:

goobimama

 Macboy
I’ve been asked on more than once occasion, “how to download stuff” from the internet. That being said, I thought I’d write a small little guide on how it is that I download stuff. I’m not saying this is the most perfect way to download stuff, but it works for me. Please don't pawn me if you find this to be the most useless guide out there.

As of now, there are two ways to download stuff. The ever popular torrents, and there’s the “Warez Boards” like Projectw.org (which recently shut down) where you get direct links to download stuff from a http server or an ftp server. Warez boards are rare and ftp servers are only for the Uber Geek...

Let’s look at torrents.

*goobimama.blogspot.com/2007/07/goobimamas-guide-to-download-stuff.html

Reason for posting is, partly advertisement, but partly for any contributions that you guys might have to offer

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ah... that's a good post. My NewsFire's feeds are going to be above thousand when I next use the Internet on my Mac. :(

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Nice thread ... and now that I've almost resurrected my blog, let me join this list ..

New way to earn from home : Sell you crap

^^
Some of my crappy thoughts on BMC's decision to buy rubbish from people..

Goobimama's blog is good ..

iamtheone

Journeyman
@goobymama:man........what a work!!! i must say urs is THE BEST BLOODY blog i have ever seen in my lyf.....kudos to u dood.i wish every blog was lyk urs

iamtheone

Journeyman
nah really....i jst stopped reading it..had a hard ty finally stop reading.i was so engrossed...man i tell u...there r very few things that makes me loose track of tym and ur blog was one of em.thanks for such an amazing tym pass mate

Top Bottom