Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsreality

Broken In
thnx guys...

@choto cheeta
i like ur suggestion.. but i wud like to know how XFX 650i ultra is different from ASUS P5N-E SLI? will i be compromising many features of the latter..?

@aravind_n20
there is a big availibility problem here in nagpur for ATI cards...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
xsreality said:
@choto cheeta
i like ur suggestion.. but i wud like to know how XFX 650i ultra is different from ASUS P5N-E SLI? will i be compromising many features of the latter..?

1. SLI, which is good for nothing a under SLi for P5N-E SLi cards will run at 8x speed (half of their original speed)... So if one needs SLi then P5N32-E Sli is the lowest to think for...

2. Higher OC not possible as RAM voltage is only alloowed up to 2.1v... and suppose u want to do 3.6 Ghz or more under ur E6550 or E6750 then u need high vaule rams and u need to set RAM voltage over 2.1v in that case XFX 650i would lag behind...

So I dont think SLi is an option for the P5N-E SLi :lol: and I dont think u would be Ocing that hard... so u are not compromising any with XFX 650i ultra :D

xsreality

Broken In
ya overclocking is not my priorty... well i just hope 650i board is available here...
thnx for the suggestions!

1 more thing... in LCD monitors which shud i opt for in 19" WS category..?? viewsonic or samsung? black wud be preferable to me...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

VG1930WM I would say as its cheap and pretty good on performance too :) but beware for the vx1932wm models of View Sonic :lol:

from ur web site I see u are already employed :lol: so I dont think budget would be concirn for u... so also consider Dell 22" widescreen which is Rs. 13900/- all at Kolkata... Model Number Dell E228WFP

:)

xsreality

Broken In
hmm.. dats d one i was suggested... u got a gud review of the vx1932wm model coz on the viewsonic site i was temporarily impressed by its incorrect features..:eek:

my dear friend.. i m employed but the money that i will be spending for this system won't be mine! i m yet to finish one of my semesters then i wud join & be able to think freely atleast about money!! :D

22"... man! doesn't it seem to be too big for a monitor?? that wud be bigger than my television set! mayb i wil stick with that 19" model only... though it has got a strange bottom shape!:p

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@xsreality

The Dell 22" model worth the extra 4k which would one sepnd over 19" view sonic counter part, the vg1930wm which is at Rs. 9500/- :)

anyway its personal choice, if u cant extend the budget then yeah 19" vg1930wm wont be a bad buy :)

satyamy

Alive Again...
I need to Build the Cheapest PC, no worries about Performance
Only use is Internet and Office application
Can you please tell me its Config and Quote ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Is Dell LCDs are really that good....i have seen on the web that people owns 32" or more supporting 2650X2048....somewhat resolution!

What is the price for 19" Wide screen DELL?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Is Dell LCDs are really that good....i have seen on the web that people owns 32" or more supporting 2650X2048....somewhat resolution!

What is the price for 19" Wide screen DELL?

From what I know through forums, they are very good and their support and service is even better. In a popular "GO" in a forum 19" wide Dell was offered for about 10K with a 5 year warranty.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
janitha said:
From what I know through forums, they are very good and their support and service is even better. In a popular "GO" in a forum 19" wide Dell was offered for about 10K with a 5 year warranty.

No Kidding!! If dell is so great then why people run for crappier brands!
Does DELL has a showroom in NEW DELHI?

Viewsonic is the hot deal nowdays but ever since the 19" 1932WM shows errors, its going down.

Can someone post the price for 17", 19", 20" and 22" prices?

arun_chennai

tech mighty
satyamy said:
i already have a second hand
but need to build a new one
so need suggestion

CPU -Celeron 1.6GHZ -1400
MB -Any 945 -2200
HDD -250GB SATA -2600
RAM -Transcend 1GB -900
Moniter -15" CRT -3000
Cabinet -with SMPS -900
KB & Mouse - -500
UPS -Any -1400
DVD -Sony -1200
==========================
Total -14k :)
==========================

varunprabhakar

In the zone
arun_chennai said:
CPU -Celeron 1.6GHZ -1400
MB -Any 945 -2200

wont this b a better option:
AMD Sempron 3200+ AM2 @ Rs. 1100 /- + TAX
BIOSTAR / ASUS / MSI (K9MM-V) VIA Chipset based board supporting 4 SATA @ Rs. 1650 /- + TAX

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
pls start a similar thread which selects the best laptops at good price and also
best configs of dell lappies
this is reqd as many r considering these days to buy lappies.
laptops FTW!

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
Hi Guys
I am trying to make my way in Gaming,But due to low hardware system resource
i am unable to play most of games frm 2004. i have not played even a single PC games from 2005.[demos in digital passion not talkin abt freeware other little games on digit DVD]

[Frm 2004 i am Having Celeron 2.0Ghz,376mb of ram,n intel's D845GLAD mobo,n i think it does not support for any Vertex and Pixel shader)]

So, i want to make a machine that may capable of playing latest n upcoming games with onboard Graphics. N Guys i definitely want to switch to AMD Platform.(as i heard that it is good for gaming in someways)...

**I am not a hardcore gamer just want to play games at decent speed.n good graphics.

Suggest me good Config For It.
Budget 7 to 8k[CPU+MOBO] i think it is enuf for it?? some more bucks cant make prob.

Pls help guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom