Not open for further replies.

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
varunprabhakar said:
i think amd4400+ and asus m2avm will b a gud buy at around 7k

Understand abt the mobo

is it naa
*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1568&l1=3&l2=101&l3=496
how much VRAM IT has..... Dont forget abt Pixel n vertex Shader.
Currently they are ver 3.0 n in next some time 4.0 will hit...

but donnu anything abt AMD Cpus
what is and4400+...

any official specification link..

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay guys. I need a brand new system, but budget is around 22-24k. What should I do?

Things I want:
A decent processor, but nothing too speedy. Has to be cool and quiet.
A good quality motherboard. No overclocking features, just has to have rock solid stability and some 2-3 year warranty.
LCD display

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
If it is no overclocking then its gotta be AMD!
But still i insist on waiting till January becoz at that time there will be AMDs K10 Dual Cores and Tri-cores in the market!

But if u want to wait then u can see the first page of this thread which gets updated almost everyday!

arun_chennai

tech mighty
keith_j_snyder2 said:
If it is no overclocking then its gotta be AMD!
But still i insist on waiting till January becoz at that time there will be AMDs K10 Dual Cores and Tri-cores in the market!

But if u want to wait then u can see the first page of this thread which gets updated almost everyday!

There is No (Virtually) improvement in K10 over the K8 ..so there is no point in going for k10dual cores....:mad::mad:

Orionz said:
Hi Guys
I am trying to make my way in Gaming,But due to low hardware system resource
i am unable to play most of games frm 2004. i have not played even a single PC games from 2005.[demos in digital passion not talkin abt freeware other little games on digit DVD]

[Frm 2004 i am Having Celeron 2.0Ghz,376mb of ram,n intel's D845GLAD mobo,n i think it does not support for any Vertex and Pixel shader)]

So, i want to make a machine that may capable of playing latest n upcoming games with onboard Graphics. N Guys i definitely want to switch to AMD Platform.(as i heard that it is good for gaming in someways)...

**I am not a hardcore gamer just want to play games at decent speed.n good graphics.

Suggest me good Config For It.
Budget 7 to 8k[CPU+MOBO] i think it is enuf for it?? some more bucks cant make prob.

Pls help guys....

Intel E4500 ==> 4.8k
Biostar 7050==> 3.2k
Total 8k
In stock it is equivalent to X2 5200...but if u slightly overclock...it will kill any AMD offering....:D

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@goobimama

Do you need a full system means incl;uding display / UPS / spk or u just the need the CPU (Procy + Mobo + RAM + grfx + etc) ??

and please do specify the needs and purpose for the system as that helps to locate and compile best products for the job..

thnx...

Orionz

Thanx to all who replied.But guys i will like to switch AMD platform.N overclocking no way man..............atleast never done before this. Hope u can better compile .a combo for me....final budget is 9k for mobo+cpu posting frm netfront 3 so post may not be formatted correctley.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hey friends....
I m gonna buy a new LCD TFT Monitor.

First my requirements:
1.17" LCD TFT(Widescreen +/-)
2.Primary Use: Gaming n Movies
3.Speakers:No such requirement(+/-)
4.Budget:12k, max 15k

Well, i'hv don a bit of research n zeroed in on the following:
1.Viewsonic VG1932WM(No VX series,coz they suck)
2.Asus PG191(?:eek:)
3.LG 194WT(yes i kno its 19")

Now plz give me a suggestion guyz....I need it quick...gonna buy within nxt 2 weeks!

satyamy

Alive Again...
mukherjee said:
Hey friends....
Now plz give me a suggestion guyz....I need it quick...gonna buy within nxt 2 weeks!

You can get a Very Good 19" LCD in 12K
You can go for Dell Monitors or LG One they are Really Good

have a look at the Latest Thread on LCD which has 22" Dell E228WFP recommend by Choto_Cheeta
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71883

You can even get 19" Viewsonic LCD in 11.5K
For Eg : *www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/proseries/vp930b/

goobimama

 Macboy
I need a full system down to the UPS. That includes, CPU, mobo, RAM, HDD, cabby, SMPS, DVD writer, mouse keyboard, monitor.

I guess I can figure out the rest, I just want to know which motherboard and CPU I should go in for.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
ok...i see a lot of people here looking for a 19" LCD

only 19"LCD that i can think is DELL SE198WFP......its lotta better than current samsung analogs(non BW) or value viewsonic crap or some LG stuff (WT & WS)

TRUST ME its not only hardware but also aftersales support that should really influence buying decisions.......& DELL SUPPORT ROCKS:):)

and one thing more do learn to negotiate with DELL........btw. i ordered a DELL SE198WFP(3yrs warranty) for a cousin for RS 10,300/- inc tax & delivery here in DELHI just 6 days back!!:)

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
i'm looking to configure myself a desktop soon..

work criteria: create spread sheets, video, download, & moderate gaming (MUST BE CAPABLE OF HANDLING VISTA LIKE A COMP-EQUIVALENT OF SUPERMAN)
i'm never keen on upgrading my pc & appreciate having the best at the time that'll last me for at least 2.5 years without hassle..
budget: 40-55 k for the cpu alone

can u plz help me out with a cool intel config?? (plz mention the newest HD DVDROM)
I was considering Quad core as some of their prices were recently slashed..

thanks in advance

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
In 55 k you can totally get a rocking PC [And you have that Budget for CPU Alone? or CPU = Dabba you wanted to say??]

Well Intel C2Q 6600 + Asus or Gigabyte Mobo + 4 GB DDR II 800 Mhz + 320 GB SATA II HDD with 16 MB Buffer + 8800 GT + 19" LCD will fit in that 55K with ease :D

That Config can Run Vista to the Max Setts @ Max Color, Max Res whatever you dreamed of.

For gaming this can run 95% of games at Settings maxed out. Only Latest 10.x DirectX based games @ High Setts may cause probs due to gfx bottleneck.

All parts will come with 3 Years Warranty atleast. [proccy is it 1 or 3 year?]

+ Add W/e HD DVD Rom you want to [I got no idea abt exact price]

*www.theitwares.com and check for Prices of these

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
arun_chennai said:
There is No (Virtually) improvement in K10 over the K8 ..so there is no point in going for k10dual cores....:mad::mad:

Firstly they are native quad cores and secondly they have bigger FSB and absolutely they will are better performer than the good ol' X2 Athlons!

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
@ Choto & Others

I have a very ol Pc...Acer Pentium 166Mhz with 192Mb Ram & 20GB HDD....da 20 gb went kaput....

Can i Add 1 40 gb HDD....Even if it restricts space of HDD.... its okay....or is there any way to Use large size HDD on it....

Just want it to run ....planning to use it with Linux

& Choto Can u clear ur inbox man

geffklusner

Right off the assembly line
hi,
those guidelines given are excellent to purchase a new system, but i can tell you regarding things to know before print.
Know Before You Buy

Saving money on printing starts before you buy your printer.

Once you start looking at certain models, make sure you check the recommended print volume; if you typically print 100 pages a day, you wouldn’t want to buy a printer that's rated for 500 pages a month.

Replacement ink cartridge costs represent a major part of your long-term printing expenses. Expect to pay $10 to $40 for an ink cartridge, and $60 or more for a toner cartridge.

Don't judge a cartridge just by its price; the number of pages it can print is just as important. That figure will change depending on how much ink you use on a page; the industry-standard is 5% coverage per page for each color. Some companies make yield information available on the Web along with other printer specifications; others will provide it if you ask.

Many cheap laser printers come with starter cartridges that last anywhere from 60 percent to as little as 33 percent as long as a regular cartridge. If you know you'll be printing 100 pages per month, find a printer that comes with a full-size cartridge

The heavier, brighter or more specialized the paper is, the more expensive it will be. You'll pay as little as a half-cent per page for typical, 20-pound office paper, to as much as a dollar for an 8.5-by-11-inch sheet of glossy photo paper.

Save the good stuff for final prints; for everything else, use the cheapest paper your comfortable with. Third-party brands often cost less per page than the printer manufacturer's media, always test it on your printer to make sure you like the results. You might go through a full pack to do this,.

Orionz

aravind_n20 said:
@Orionz
If u want AMD then,
AMD Athlon X2 5200+ 5k
Asus M2A VM 3.2k

X2 5200+ 2.6Ghz and has 2MB L2 cache.

First of all thanks for reply,
I have just read the review on Asus M2A VM,[HDMI]

Reviewed with the Rig[AMD Athlon X2 5000+, 2 GB of Kingston Hyper-X RAM, a 150 GB Western Digital Raptor, and a nVidia 7900GT]

There is written that the games like Doom3 scored only 24.5 fps.Half Life 2: Lost Coast scored 17 fps @ 800*600 n low settings.......

after reading that some doubt are coming in mind.....really it will be capable of playing upcoming games with the help of integrated graphics.....Because that is my aim.......

What u think.......

Can i send u the link of review by pm?

Or u have answer.......??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom