Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it possible to get a decent config(mobo+proce+RAM) with 10-12k ???

Mobo with good onboard graphics..is preferred....
suggest me both AMD and Intel parts ....

Is it possible to get a decent config(mobo+proce+RAM) with 10-12k ???

Mobo with good onboard graphics..is preferred....
suggest me both AMD and Intel parts ....

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
4400+ = 3875/-
ASUS M2A - VM = 3875/-
Transcend 1 GB DDR2 667 = 950/-

E4500 = 5200/-
Intel DG33FB = 5200/-
Transcend 1 GB DDR2 667 = 950/-

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Intel DG33FB ....would be a better choice....???

What about intel G965RY and also the Biostar Nvidia 7050/7150 ...??

lnkrishnan

Broken In
nvidia8800 said:
Why do you need a AGP supporting motherboard??
I dont think you can get a new motherboard that supports AGP these days..
You need to get a second hand motherboard.

The unfortunate reason is, I sunk in 10K on a XFX 6600GT graphics card at that time (when Digit "recommended" that AGP was the next-best-thing-since-sliced-bread and also said that PCI-E "in their opinion" is going to take quite some time to become mainstream). Too bad that I didn't realize that "quite some time" meant 2 months - my heart bleeds to see this graphics card go waste doing nothing.

So there, that's my sob story. Can anybody help? How do I even go and search for a 2nd-hand motherboard? Any pointers sir???

janitha

Wise Old Owl
lnkrishnan said:
The unfortunate reason is, I sunk in 10K on a XFX 6600GT graphics card at that time (when Digit "recommended" that AGP was the next-best-thing-since-sliced-bread and also said that PCI-E "in their opinion" is going to take quite some time to become mainstream). Too bad that I didn't realize that "quite some time" meant 2 months - my heart bleeds to see this graphics card go waste doing nothing.

So there, that's my sob story. Can anybody help? How do I even go and search for a 2nd-hand motherboard? Any pointers sir???

Going for an ancient Mobo for sake of a past mistake?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Sad story :p

I am feeling almost same when I bought 8600 GT just to know that 7900 GS / 1950XT are way faster than it and Vista doesnt require Dx 10 haha :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Added a new section For all Torrent Lovers...

System For Dedicated download

Now this system will run 24x7, it has to be a power saver too...

AMD Sempron 3200+ AM2 @ Rs. 1100 /- + TAX
BIOSTAR / ASUS / MSI (K9MM-V) VIA Chipset based board supporting 4 SATA @ Rs. 1650 /- + TAX
1 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 1100 /- + TAX
250x2 SATA-II 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 5200 /- + TAX
Cabinet + SMPS (Default 450 watts) @ Rs. 1200 /- + TAX
2 Port KVM Switch (Tech Com) @ Rs. 1200 /- + TAX
UPS Local Brand @ Rs. 1400 /- + TAX

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 514/-
Total Rs. 13364/-

Here you dont need Input devices or VDU, as its a second system so KVM switch will take care of that :)... This system will run Windows XP or a Linux distro (which ever you prefer) with torrent clients like uTorrent or or fav :)... Note its a second system for those who use a high performance over clocked power hungry system for their main use... You may follow this guide to set up a simple lan and share the net connection between ur main system and this seeder box :D

For those who wondering What is a KVM Switch ??...

Edburg

In the zone
can anyone say anything about the overclockability of the biostar 7050 motherboard......there are no reviews on it in net

i am not looking for the extreme max overclock but like reaching 3-3.3 ghz in a e2140

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont think it is too much of a OCer.. If u wanna OC get a Biostar p35 with a cheap gpu..
btw Chotoji vapas aa gaye

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Edburg

Sorry bro... :( few days ago in a local store i saw the BIOSTAR 7150 boad and I went through its manual, I didnt find any option in it which suggest it would support OC... Frequency are all locked under this board :(

@pathiks

hmm... yaar I have become BSNL connection (kavi hu to kavi nahi) :lol: right now in and again would be gone as study presure kicking in :lol:

@shyamno

say no to Intel boards as really not value for money as comes with locked BIOS :( as X2 4000 + M2N-MX SE is far far better than E2140 + DG33BU solution :)

Intel E2140 is only good and will out perform any contemporary X2 range when u combine it with XFX 650i ultra or higher and OC 10 to 25 % :D

Edburg

In the zone
thx for the info pathiks and choto....

i was looking for a budget overclocker board...even 50% overclock will do..seems the best bet is to go Abit ip35-e for 6.3k and maintian compatibility with penryn

any info on when the new nvidia 750i chipset or the AMD tri-core will launch ??

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Choto Cheeta said:
say no to Intel boards as really not value for money as comes with locked BIOS :( as X2 4000 + M2N-MX SE is far far better than E2140 + DG33BU solution :)

Intel E2140 is only good and will out perform any contemporary X2 range when u combine it with XFX 650i ultra or higher and OC 10 to 25 % :D
I or rather my friend is not going to overclock it....so he just need a good upgrade with descent mobo having onboard IGP and a good processor...

So ..which one he should go ...

Processor = E4500

Mobo = 1)Intel G33BU
2)Intel G965RY
3)Biostar 7050/7150

or any combo..better than this....

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I or rather my friend is not going to overclock it....so he just need a good upgrade with descent mobo having onboard IGP and a good processor...

this that budget, Personally I would suggest none of the intel solution... I would say, AMD X2 4800 with M2A-VM (AMD 690G) or M2NPV-VM (Nvidia 6150) :)

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Choto Cheeta said:
BIOSTAR / ASUS / MSI (K9MM-V) VIA Chipset based board supporting 4 SATA @ Rs. 1650 /- + TAX
Hey Choto...where do u find K9MM-V mobos that cheap man?:eek:
I thought they cost minimum 2K.
Deltapage lists MSI K9MM-V for Rs 2150/-

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Choto Cheeta said:

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 514/-
Total Rs. 13364/-

I 'de suggest a 350W PSU which will be sufficient to run this config.
And buy those EE or BE processors from AMD they draw only 45W power and same as the other processors!

Choto Cheeta said:

TAX @ 4% VAT Rs. 514/-
Total Rs. 13364/-

I 'de suggest a 350W PSU which will be sufficient to run this config.
And buy those EE or BE processors from AMD they draw only 45W power and same as the other processors!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.