Basic Console Purchasing Guide

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
is it goo to buy a used moded ps2 with many games at this point of time for 1k, is it worth the money, i have seen many xbox 360 selling at 8k, so guys what you say, how much is good for ps2 at this point

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
is it goo to buy a used moded ps2 with many games at this point of time for 1k, is it worth the money, i have seen many xbox 360 selling at 8k, so guys what you say, how much is good for ps2 at this point

Are you really sure with PS2? If you want to play the games that's coming bundled with it, it's fine as long as you are not interested in the new gen games.

The main point is, you'll miss all the new gen games that released and going to be released.

But I guess with that price of 1k, one can invest :p

If I were at your place, I'd have got a PS3 for around 12k - 15k and that PS2 too for 1k :p

1k doesn't matter much..!!

But the point is, if I were really interested on those PS2 games and if those are not available on PS3. :p

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i am more interested in xbox 360 and ps3, but very very tight on budget, so in the meantime i think i should buy a ps2 the games must be selling at dirt cheap now, and kids would love it, there is one selling at 4.5k in bazaar section, but i am not going to pay that much, comeon there are many shop selling a new moded ps2 for 4k,

when old electronics items are sold it should be prices reasonably, now a ps2 at time of launch in india must be costing 20k, but you cant ask even 25% of that, it's used, it's old, it's discontinued, so people should ask a reasonable price

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok. So you want for your kids? :p

Anyway, I guess it's fine if you get a reasonable price. But check the condition, try to play few games and all.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I have heard PS3 console has no official support in India is this true ?So if something happens to my PS3 then i will have to buy a new one ? If this is true its a deal breaker.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
its not true, sony provide official warranty
Ok i have researched and found that Sony provides 1 yr replacement warranty with no option for extended warranty.If your ps3 stops working after 1 year you will get 50% off on a new ps3.This makes the ps3 a very risky buy and honestly this scheme sucks no wonder sony ism't selling many ps3's.High price coupled with poor warranty conditions.Xbox 360 has a much better 3 year warranty.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Ok i have researched and found that Sony provides 1 yr replacement warranty with no option for extended warranty.If your ps3 stops working after 1 year you will get 50% off on a new ps3.This makes the ps3 a very risky buy and honestly this scheme sucks no wonder sony ism't selling many ps3's.High price coupled with poor warranty conditions.Xbox 360 has a much better 3 year warranty.

Nope.Xbox 360 S also has 1 year warranty ;-)
Get your facts right :)

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
the Cobra ODE is now released by cobra team, and its availlable in international market

hey guys, i have seen many Xbox 360 selling at 7k or 8k,

now i dont know should i buy it or not, its all white without hdmi,

the people selling it give couple of original games and one or two controller with it,

can you please help me what should i take care of before buying used xbox

i have heard that there are lot of problem with xbox like RROD, burned, etc. also i am not sure if its newer or old version, can you pleae help before i go and see the product personally

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if the console is meant for small kids, even a PS2 would do. but if you also prefer to play on it, then current-gen systems are the things to opt for!

RRODs have mostly become a thing of the past now, unless one console has been really abused. these days, i see people selling their rather new consoles in the mkt-section of forums. if you've seen an X360 without an HDMI port, that means it's a very old console. exactly that gen of X360s suffered from RRODs, so you will need to be wary. the person whom you wish to pay a visit to check his console, check his games by playing them for a while. see the console's & controller's condition (cracked/dusty). check the console for heat-level. check the condition of his game-disks (if they are overly-scratched, that may imply that his console's drive is nasty!). check the condition of the power-adapter. enquire on how much time he spent playing on it, etc., general questions. a better proposition would be to go to a shop which sells such modded consoles and apprise the shopkeeper of your requirements. i know of such a shop and its good shopkeeper in Mumbai. you may PM me if you're interested in knowing more about it.

bippukt

In the zone
What is the price range of new and 6-12 month old PS3 and XBox 360 games these days? Has Sony's local production started and has it reduced prices?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
console games disc are very very costly, you can easily check online the prices, the prices starts at 1500 and goes upto till 4000, chekc flipkart for pricing

bippukt

In the zone
Indeed, I went through some of the online sellers websites and most games that are not old are priced around 2k while new games are between 2.5-3k. How is the used games availability here? I went through ebay listings and found several good games at 1-1.5k. If the used game scene is good, then I can buy a game that I had to purchase at full price. If I buy a game for 2600 and after a few months sell it for 1000, it would be okay.

Also, should I wait until year end to buy PS4 or get a PS3 earlier if I decide in favour of consoles?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes used games sells like hot cake. Though at TDF Bazaar Section you won't find much games. You'll get them on IVG.

I myself bought all the games 2nd Hand. You don't need to sell a game of 2.5k at 1k after playing, instead they get sold for 2k.

Like peoples who bought Last of us for 2.6k sells them at 2k, again the peoples who buy it sells it for 1.5k or so. Same continues till the games reaches 500/- and keeps getting sold until members are interested. Like peoples still interested in Uncharted series and you'll get all the three for 500 each easily.

Though everything, like pricing and all depends on the popularity and rating of game.

bippukt

In the zone
Thanks krishnandu, that is really good to know. Now just one question - wait for PS4 or buy PS3 soon. I will likely wait anyway because I am busy until December, but it will be good to know in case I get free time before that :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It depends on you actually. Look I bought PS3 this month (2nd hand ofcourse), because chances are PS4 won't be here in India before Q2 2014, and when it'll be here I won't be able to afford. So as sony is going to support PS3 for sometime now, I'd be on it until price of PS4 goes down. Also I'd be able to play awesome PS3 exclusives. I get previous games at 500/- easily on IVG also when PS4 will launch PS3 Games prices will surely go down.

bippukt

In the zone
Thanks for the help guys.

I was about to purchase a console in 2008 - in fact, my first posts on this forum were on that topic. But the situation changed and I had to continue with PC. I look forward to some free time with a Playstation plugged in :D

Top Bottom