Basic Console Purchasing Guide

psaikia

Broken In
Thank you vasmi and gameranand.

could you tell me how to connect 2.1 speakers to ps3 , if i m using a moniter with HDMI .
Coz there is optical ports and usb ports , there is no 3.5mm female port on ps3

gameranand

Living to Play
Thank you vasmi and gameranand.

could you tell me how to connect 2.1 speakers to ps3 , if i m using a moniter with HDMI .
Coz there is optical ports and usb ports , there is no 3.5mm female port on ps3

I hope this link helps.
Connect speakers to PS3

R0ad|<ill

Right off the assembly line
So I just came back from a trip to the nearest Croma with the PS3 move bundle (Total impulse buy! :)) Hooked it up to an ol' faithful tv to realize how sad SD can look. I have GOT to get an HD setup pronto.

What I am looking for is suggestions for a good monitor and speakers to go with the ps3. Anyone?

(Has this been discussed already somewhere? Sorry in that case! Please redirect me to the concerned thread if so...:neutral:)

gameranand

Living to Play
Whats your budget ?? Also check out the respective sections for speakers and monitor maybe you'll get what you need.

R0ad|<ill

Whats your budget ?? Also check out the respective sections for speakers and monitor maybe you'll get what you need.

Well, I am not looking for a huge monitor right now. Budget is 10-15k I guess, and I am open to cheaper full-hd suggestions as well. :)) Will buy a bigass hd tv later when I save up enough.

From what little research I have done on the matter, I understand that all I need to look for is the monitor's hdcp compliance to be sure it works with a ps3, right? Is there a loss of quality when an hdmi-dvi cable is used (which is what I will have to use in case the monitor has only a dvi port)..

I am looking up the monitor and speaker sections, but the only doubt I have is regarding possible compatibility issues. How do you hook up a standard 2.1 speaker set to a ps3?

gameranand

Living to Play
I am not sure about this but I guess you can connect a monitor to ps3. I'll search and tell you but if you can then you could opt for a 24" tv or monitor. Also you can connect speakers to ps3. See the link in my post.

sukant

Fragholic
@Roadkill
You can connect your PS3 to your monitor , you can opt for a benq g2420HD or a e2420 HD which can be had for around 11k . These are Full HD monitors and are pretty good too .
But since you are connecting a console to it and are probably not going to sit infront of your monitor and game all time there are chances you may be lying on your couch or smwhere on ground and playing around then there will be notable color difference due to the angles.

If thats a point of concern for you , check out the Dell U2412 which is a IPS panel and has height adjustment as well as no problem of viewing angles. But its response time is slightly more hence that may be a small point of concern but this monitor will get your heart in mouth with the visuals in games and blu ray movies :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Our many members using that dell monitor are having no problem at all while playing so I also suggest that monitor.

Baker

Albicelestes
i have 2 queries....
1:regarding the game expense is it price are same for both xbox360 and PS3..?
2:and can we mod xbox/ps3 and can play pirated games like we can do for ps2..?

gameranand

Living to Play
Prices of ps3 games are higher than xbox 360 games.
You can mod both the consoles but then you will void the warranty and support.

Champ

.NET Guru
Form my very limited knowledge and few Google searches what I concluded is that XBOX 360 Modding basically allows you to play a game burned on a normal disk.
So If I buy a game I can create multiple backup copies or if I can source a ISO :wink: file I can burn that and play.

Now Few Questions
Cant I just transfer my ISO file to XBOX HDD and play from there, I used to do the same with my old PSP.

What about PS3, everything same as XBox of Different (Talking about benefits of Modding here)

onlyakshat

4. Is PS3 locked to a region? If I get PS3 games from US or europe will it run?
You can pickup any retail game and play it on any PS3. But DLCs are region coded.

Hi,
So can I buy a PS3 in India and take it to US (Yep, the reverse of what most do) and play games bought in US in US? Would there be any issues?
Thanks.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hi,
So can I buy a PS3 in India and take it to US (Yep, the reverse of what most do) and play games bought in US in US? Would there be any issues?
Thanks.

There shouldnt be issues but hope you know about the different type of power outlet there. So a travel adapter is needed.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
i have 2 queries....
1:regarding the game expense is it price are same for both xbox360 and PS3..?
2:and can we mod xbox/ps3 and can play pirated games like we can do for ps2..?

@baker :dont use the P word. the mods spared you........
xbox 360 : yes you can play non-genuine copies of games.though you have to mod the hardware(the disk drive in particular)
ps3:yes you can play non-genuine copies of games.though you have to mod the firmware .the modded firmware is called custom firmware you can get it free if you google it
ps3 game files are 20gb's ,minimum

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
I have lt2.0 flashed xbox. Can i copy the game's content to xbox 360hdd to save wear and tear of the dvd drive?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
even i am planning to buy one console, but not sure which one should i buy

1) it should play non- geniune games
2) it shoudl play movies music like any media disc player can do
4) it should give value for money
5) game can be copied and played from HDD (both console HDD and external HDD)

can anyone suggest me which will be good

Top Bottom