Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
even i am planning to buy one console, but not sure which one should i buy

1) it should play non- geniune games
2) it shoudl play movies music like any media disc player can do
4) it should give value for money
5) game can be copied and played from HDD (both console HDD and external HDD)

can anyone suggest me which will be good

Yea. Certainly there is such console.
It's called "PC".

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Yea. Certainly there is such console.
It's called "PC".

thanks i have used PC for gaming for long, but the upgrade cost is too high and i am not rich, so i think i should buy a console

but seriously, which one is good

PS3 or XBOX ( in terms of modding to play backup games)

in PS3 and XOX there are different product which one is good, can we upgrade the HDD any time later

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
thanks i have used PC for gaming for long, but the upgrade cost is too high and i am not rich, so i think i should buy a console

but seriously, which one is good

PS3 or XBOX ( in terms of modding to play backup games)

in PS3 and XOX there are different product which one is good, can we upgrade the HDD any time later

Though I don't know much about Consoles, but due to my recent purchasing, I inquired few things and came to know...

1. PS3 has more exclusives than XBox.
2. You can use any Laptop HDD in PS3, but Xbox use proprietary HDD, so you need to buy HDD separately for XBox, which will ofcourse cost high.
3. Online Gaming : PSN is Free, XBox Live Costs yearly / monthly fees.
4. Motion Gaming : Kinect is much better than PS3 Move
5. PS3 Uses BluRay while XBox use Normal DVD's. You can watch BluRay movies in PS3.
6. PS3 is dedicated for gaming, while XBox is much of like Entertainment Box (Media Server sort of thing).

NOTE : Everyone may not agree to my points, but this is what I came to know from various places.

I don't know whether discussion of Modding Consoles is illegal here so can't answer your Modding Questions :p

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
can we paly movie dvd, cd or media content form external hdd, usb drive on ps3

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
6. PS3 is dedicated for gaming, while XBox is much of like Entertainment Box (Media Server sort of thing).
all points are correct but point 6 should be Both PS3 and XBOX are multmedia entertainment Box/Devices

I don't know whether discussion of Modding Consoles is illegal here so can't answer your Modding Questions :p
Ya..for Modding SuperH3art will have to do some Research on google :wink:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
on many forum people are selling sued ps3 at almost the same price as new one,i dont know why, but in ps3 there are many models like ps3 slim, superslim, 12 gb, 500 gb which one is good?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
all points are correct but point 6 should be Both PS3 and XBOX are multmedia entertainment Box/Devices

Ya..for Modding SuperH3art will have to do some Research on google :wink:

Well, by that point 6, I meant XBox is much of like Media Server thing. I don't know how much of it is true. And yes, both are Multimedia Entertainment Box.

on many forum people are selling sued ps3 at almost the same price as new one,i dont know why, but in ps3 there are many models like ps3 slim, superslim, 12 gb, 500 gb which one is good?

PS3 Slim are obsolate now, and both 12GB and 500GB are the Superslim ones I guess.

And the thing, you see many peoples selling used PS3 at newer price is something like...

PS3 Slim 160GB was about 16k. Then Sony stopped manufacturing of all the PS3 Slim (160GB, 250GB, 320GB) and made only two Superlim Models, 12GB @ 16k and 500GB @ 23k (Approx.)

So peoples those who are going to upgrade to PS4 at 1st phase are selling of their Slim 160GB, 320GB models @ 12k - 15k.

So see, you get bigger HDD (if you feel the need of it).

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok so it means that super slim is the newest and what if i get the 12 gb, can i add hdd later and if yes, how much can i add ? is there any limit on hdd capacity ? can we just buy any hdd from market and attach it to console ? and yes there no people willing to sell 160 gb version even at 12k,

what about xbox, which one is the latest there are also many different model ?

sorry i am asking too many question, but its very hard earned money and i am not rich

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
ok so it means that super slim is the newest and what if i get the 12 gb, can i add hdd later and if yes, how much can i add ? is there any limit on hdd capacity ? can we just buy any hdd from market and attach it to console ? and yes there no people willing to sell 160 gb version even at 12k,

what about xbox, which one is the latest there are also many different model ?

sorry i am asking too many question, but its very hard earned money and i am not rich

lol..!! Same for me too..!! I was preparing from 6 months or more.

Yeah you can get 12GB one. I got 2nd hand 320GB for 12k from IVG. And few games for 500/- each.

After getting that I thought may be I could get 12GB one. AFAIK 12GB one is the SSD.

But when I bought my PS3, I also inquired about the same questions and I came to know that 12GB one doesn't comes with the HDD Cage. And later if you want to upgrade your HDD, you need to buy that HDD Cage from Sony + a HDD. Which will cost almost same.

Yes you can upgrade to any HDD from market, but it should be a Laptop HDD(2.5"), PC HDD's (3.5") doesn't fit.

Regarding XBox, Xbox one is the latest, but not released here in India, so XBox 360 is there in Market. Starting with 4GB Model.

I'd recommend, if you don't plan to involve in Motion Gaming then don't get XBox, instead get PS3.

12GB is enough if you don't plan to download games from PSN. PSN have a thing from PS+ based on Yearly Subscription, where they give you few months old games for free. For E.g now they are giving away Battlefield 3 for free!!

So if you want to take that subscription, and download games / store BD Movies you going to need huge space. Otherwise I think 12GB is more than enough.

Also, one more thing, you are saying that you can't find even 160GB Models for 12k, but there are many people selling 320GB / 500GB Models for 12 - 15k @ IVG.

The person I bought from has one 500GB Model of his cousin, he asked me for that too, but I couldn't take it due to low cash. If you want I can PM you his profile link.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
@SuperH3art : A word of advice,PS3 super slims (12 & 500 GB) are unhackable as of now,so you won't be able to play "free" ;-) games

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
wow, what a great and calm explanation from both of you guys, thanks a lot for your help,

yes please pm me the link of IVG sale thread, so we can not store games on 12 gb console, so i guess it is used only for save game files and setting.

i am never going to go into online gaming, internet is getting costly day by day, for me offline is good

and if the 12gb and 500 gb cannot be hacked then can it be used with CFW, will it allow to play game from external hdd

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
wow, what a great and calm explanation from both of you guys, thanks a lot for your help,

yes please pm me the link of IVG sale thread, so we can not store games on 12 gb console, so i guess it is used only for save game files and setting.

i am never going to go into online gaming, internet is getting costly day by day, for me offline is good

and if the 12gb and 500 gb cannot be hacked then can it be used with CFW, will it allow to play game from external hdd
No,It can't be used with CFW.So you will be stuck with buying 2K worth games if you get the SuperSlim
If you want to play "free ;-)" games get a 320GB or 160GB PS3

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
but there is also one thing about manufactured prior to 2011, or the 2xxxx series console,

also if i buy 160 0r 320 gb console and the firmware is updated to latest, can i roll it back or can i install CFW,

or

if i buy newer superslim can i do hardware mod, is it possible or there is no other way as of now?

also

what about XBOX 360, can we play "free games" or second hand games with it

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Pro tip: if it can't be hacked you can't install CFW on it ;)

Precisely.What i wanted to say.

but there is also one thing about manufactured prior to 2011, or the 2xxxx series console,

also if i buy 160 0r 320 gb console and the firmware is updated to latest, can i roll it back or can i install CFW,

or

if i buy newer superslim can i do hardware mod, is it possible or there is no other way as of now?

also

what about XBOX 360, can we play "free games" or second hand games with it

Xbox 360 needs hardware mods to play free games.
PS3 firmware cant be rolled back
To put CFW on a PS3 the OFW should be 3.55 or lower

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Also keep in mind that there are three commercially released variants of the Slim PS3: the 20xx series, the 25xx series and the 3xxx series. I know that the 20xx can be hacked upto a certain FW release (whose number I forget), but I'm not sure about the latter two.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
As everyone said, both PS3 and Xbox can be modded, but remember, you loose warranty, you can't go online and if you want to mod it yourself it needs some basic knowledge (Soldering knowledge for XBox) and the newer firmwares can't be modded (AFAIK).

Take a look at this thread FS: Consoles - Xbox 360 4gb Rgh + Lt3.0 | TechEnclave - Indian Technology Forum and contact this guy. Mention my name, he'll recognize me. He have few Xbox and PS3 I guess not all of them are sold.

Here's his thread for modded PS3 For Sale : Consoles and Acc Ps3 250Gb Modded +2 Controllers+Games Installed

NOTE : Modded PS3 / XBox will have higher price.

Also remember, if you are looking for Modded ones, don't go to IVG, they don't support modded things and you'll end up getting infraction if asked.

If you want to get Original Firmwares then look at IVG.

Here's another one 500GB OFW : For Sale : Consoles and Acc PS3 Super Slim 500gigs with 6 Games for Sale

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
wow thanks, i will keep in mind, any idea how much old geniune PS3 game sales for, and is it transferable or can be resale any number of times,

well if i go for modded one it will cost me more and at the same price i can get a new console,

let me put it like this, i buy a used ps3 slip 160 gb with official firmware 4, but i can only play original game and no backup game can work, and i cant mod it or roll back the firmware --- and i will have to pay 14 to 15k for that, but if i can add more money i can easily buy new ps3 or xbox, so there is no point in buying used ps3 if i cant play "free game" instead i buy a new one or super slim models

anyway i have seen many people selling used ps3 160 gb at 14k with some free original games on olx site, but before buying from them what point should i need to keep in mind, like if it hangs or not, or any glitches, faulty ram, gpu etc.

what should i check before buying used console

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
PM *www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2141

He PM'ed me regarding Modded PS3.