Barrack Obama - Post your Thoughts !! ( Even if Controversial )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykora

I see right through you.
The african-american minority is still only 40 million, which is close to 12.5% of the entire population. 95% of 12.5% is still not bigger than any decent fraction of the remaining 78.5%.

Saying that Obama won because of the blacks is like saying Palin would win because of the women, and we all know how _that_ one turned out.

As far as Kashmir and Palestine are concerned, the US has far bigger issues to fix, which will probably take the entire term.

imo, the reasons why Obama won are :
1. He's a democrat, Bush was a republican.
2. He's young, I think the second youngest president ever.
3. He has a strong domestic agenda rather than an all powerful foreign agenda.
4. He's black, but I don't think he's preached to people that they should vote for him _because_ he's black.
5. The media, and especially the internet played a huge role in this election, and those mainly catered to the youth, which are generally liberal anyway.
6. Sarah Palin is a Republican.

a good politician will be one who makes promises only which he can keep.
A good politician is one who looks out for his constituents, who vote for him because they know he'll do whatever he can for them, and therefore doesn't have to make any promises.

anispace

dattebayo
isnt that just wrong, you win the election based on lofty promises, and you're saying politicans are justified in not keeping them. then why vote for them?. a good politician will be one who makes promises only which he can keep.
kashmir: kashmir may not be a priority to the US. but since its the US election, the president is expected to solve a wide variety of problems. obama is expeted to solve the kashmir issue and palestine issue also. he should interfere. since we cant solve our problem(kashmir), atleast we should hope that we get some help from obama.

Why dont u just give him a chance first? Atleast let him enter White house and then after a year you can judge him or critisize or whatever. And he is the US Pres not the world pres. He is not expected to solve the Kashmir or Palestine crisis by the people of US.

not only becuase of the minority, but the minority contributed in a big way. never , never before have 95% of african americans voted for a single candidate.

Again... the same point. What is wrong if the african American people want to have a Black President after having 43 white Presidents?

You really seem to be a racist or something. <<<this isnt a personal attack just my opinion after reading ur posts.

i never said madonna's endorsement of obama made mccain lose. what i said was, all that contributes. mccain never had the youth vote. very very few college goers voted for mccain. youth have never played a bigger role in deciding the elections than this time. i think the youth got carried away by the obama mania everywhere. there was more mania to his campaign than substance.

And u think McCain`s campaign had substance..lol....

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
isnt that just wrong, you win the election based on lofty promises, and you're saying politicans are justified in not keeping them. then why vote for them?. a good politician will be one who makes promises only which he can keep.
kashmir: kashmir may not be a priority to the US. but since its the US election, the president is expected to solve a wide variety of problems. obama is expeted to solve the kashmir issue and palestine issue also. he should interfere. since we cant solve our problem(kashmir), atleast we should hope that we get some help from obama.

Its wrong when people start judging him after this much time . Hes been in office for this much time and it seems you have no problem busting his chops. Give the person some time in the office maybe he will do somethign . Maybe he won't. Only time will tell. Your assumptions are based on nothing but some kind of weird grudge youve probably got towards the guy.

not only becuase of the minority, but the minority contributed in a big way. never , never before have 95% of african americans voted for a single candidate.
I suggest we sue the "african american community" based on this . What part of Sykoras %'s did you miss out on ? Is it beyond understanding that a major chunk of the "non black community" voted for him ?

i never said madonna's endorsement of obama made mccain lose. what i said was, all that contributes. mccain never had the youth vote. very very few college goers voted for mccain. youth have never played a bigger role in deciding the elections than this time. i think the youth got carried away by the obama mania everywhere. there was more mania to his campaign than substance.
Don't you get it yet? McCains campaign according to you was great and yadda yadda. Guess what, any campaign that neglects the youth just wasted a major chunk of their voters %. If Obama mania was what it took for him to win so be it. Who cares? In Internet terms we would say "EPIC FAIL!"

Further more, I thought this thread was going to be about his policy or hopeful predictions of how he is going do . Not about whining that McCain lost and now the world is going to end.

nix

i've found an interesting article on obama-mania. have a read.
i think you guys need to read this article titled -a giddy sense of boosterism *www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/16/AR2008111602374.html

first off, im no racist. but what saddens me is that mccain's old , white-man-hawk image contributed to his loss. obama was seen as someone fresh and different. which i think is just wrong. people are falling for superficial aspects(like he's a smooth talker and young etc...)

now, the common man does not understand that you cannot radically change the way governments work. the common man/american youth aint bothered about details. they get carried away by all this "change" stuff. never ever have i seen so much trust in a man who's yet to prove himself. he won solely on words - "i will do this, i will do that". mccain never made such promises, coz he's an experienced politician who knows what you can actually do and what not.

anispace

dattebayo
^^
also the fact that McCain was republican contributed to his loss. Americans were tired of 8 yrs of Republican(GW Bush) rule and wanted a change. They saw that in Obama. Now lets see what he can actually do in the next 4 yrs.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Why not you guys solve your own problem rather than expecting someone else to solve it? Looks like you guys are more concerned about US than your own country and politicians..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
now, the common man does not understand that you cannot radically change the way governments work. the common man/american youth aint bothered about details. they get carried away by all this "change" stuff. never ever have i seen so much trust in a man who's yet to prove himself. he won solely on words - "i will do this, i will do that". mccain never made such promises, coz he's an experienced politician who knows what you can actually do and what not.

At this point Im going to say that you have no clue what you are talking about. Did you even see the presidential debates or what not ? Each and everything a person standing for elections say is basically a promise or prediction and his plans on bettering their domestic and foreign policies. It might help if you actually referred to the transcripts of the debates which are readily available online or on youtube.

Are you implying that you have knowledge about the intricate details of how a govt works? Especially the US govt? The President is elected for the people by the people. If McCain was aiming for some other alien constituent then all I can say is he didn't get hsi priorities right. No one here is doubting McCain. In no place does anyone say that McCain sucks. Furthermore you are judging Obamas track record based on what ? All you do here is rant without pointing your points. Your statements so far.

Obama is not going to keep his word . (He hasnt had enough time to keep his word.)
Obama won because of a major chunk of a minority ethnic race. (I wonder where the rest of the votes came from)
McCain lost because he was old , didn't cater to the youth and wasnt charming enough. (Congrats to the people who nominated him in the first place and not to mention not taking care of a priority segment of voters)

Every single presidential candidate proimises a load of crap none of them can keep. Formulating that Obama won because of that is nonsense.

adi007

Youngling
Obama won because he was technologically forward..
He used INTERNET..
He has accounts in many social communities..
McCain was more traditional in his approach
Obamas campaign was costly ..

Aberforth

The Internationalist
What do think about him ... Can he bring change?
Depends on what one means by 'change'. Obama is the US president who is voted by Americans to represent them. Hence, whatever change he attempts, would be first and foremost, for the benefit of Americans. Generally such a move doesn't bode well for the rest of the world, so we'd rather keep our fingers crossed.

will he stop wars?
Depends on whether the US War Economy can afford one or not.

Can he save the U.S from Economic Crisis?
Depends on the people he chooses for the revival of the economy. It would be better if he chooses socially-conscious policy makers, rather than the "free-market-rules-all" neocons.

Can he change the worlds view on U.S ???
I think so, since the Anglo-Saxon media and their sidekicks in India would gobble up a US 'sucess' as their own success.

It is impossible for Obama to kill outsourcing.
I agree with that. The United States of today is no longer the US of Kennedy's times. Hence, they can't afford to lose the competitive edge that low cost production offers. Obama's rhetorics on stopping outsourcing is just that - rhetorics. It is to woo the voters, which is as useful as the countless 'promises' of Indian politicians.

Each and every step of his will be noted and countered, the ay he talks, how he its, his laundry and bathroom schedules will all be noted from the day he is on. Dung on Obama is dung on the black communityDont think the "white" would let him get away so easily.
Agreed once again. Obama won the US election by promising the 'birds-of-paradise' to Americans, in a time of serious economic turmoil. If the US recession didn't happen till the end of elections, it would have been a decisive victory for McCain-Palin camp (backed by the fact that 48% of popular votes went for them). Hence, Americans won't let go of Obama easily if he can't live up to his promises of "change" and his portrayal as a "messiah".

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
many recent indian students shot dead incidents in us were coz of the some afro-american ppl..........i personally think indian students are in bit risk in coming years as they seem to be against indian students

nix

your statements so far:
Obama is not going to keep his word . (He hasnt had enough time to keep his word.)
Obama won because of a major chunk of a minority ethnic race. (I wonder where the rest of the votes came from)
McCain lost because he was old , didn't cater to the youth and wasnt charming enough. (Congrats to the people who nominated him in the first place and not to mention not taking care of a priority segment of voters)

Every single presidential candidate proimises a load of crap none of them can keep. Formulating that Obama won because of that is nonsense.

1.yes he cannot do everything he says he will do. there are some policies that have to follow. for eg. guantanamo-he says he will close it but its not that easy.
3. do we need a president who caters to youth (and is charming) or do we need a president who has experience and service and one knows the issues and solutions better?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
many recent indian students shot dead incidents in us were coz of the some afro-american ppl..........i personally think indian students are in bit risk in coming years as they seem to be against indian students
lol
1.yes he cannot do everything he says he will do. there are some policies that have to follow. for eg. guantanamo-he says he will close it but its not that easy.
Again , He says so. Do you understand the concept of being given time ?Im not saying he will. Im saying that you seem to take every opportunity to criticize him while he hasn't even been given time to judge. I don't think he or ANYONE can keep up to all their election time promises.
3. do we need a president who caters to youth (and is charming) or do we need a president who has experience and service and one knows the issues and solutions better?
Not we. They need a good president. And if you didnt know Education has always been a prime subejct in pretty much every single presidential candidates campaign. I don't know why you are getting all stressed out of the issue. If Obama is a loser then so be it. I bet that if you have voted for someone in india the chances of him being a corrupt politician is 90% . Why don't you do anything about them instead of expecting USA to hand out solutions on a silver plate. As for Obama solving problems going on . Come back and rant about it when he doesn't fulfill his promises after a significant time phase. Everything else you have is a pure assumption. When it becomes an actual fact Ill be the first one to join you ranting about him.

anispace

dattebayo
^^he..he.. i second that dude. Was gonna post something similar in reply to Nix`s earlier post. But u just saved me some precious time.

@Nix
I am assuming u live in India and not in the US, so just think about who ur gonna vote for in the next assembly elections in 09. Stop worrying bout the US. Even the worst president elect over there is gonna be a 1000 times better than the best we can ever have in India.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Ya i may be crazy saying that......part of what i said may be true.....its not abt president.......recent incident against indian students are cases of conflict with afro-americans.......more recently an incident took in tenesse-an ap student was killed
....i think in future students safety is bit important concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom