Barrack Obama - Post your Thoughts !! ( Even if Controversial )

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
We all know that the current president of U.S is Barrack Obama .. the first black President of U.S...

What do think about him ... Can he bring change ?

will he stop wars ?

Can he be he real " ONE "

Can he save the U.S from Economic Crisis ?

Can he change the worlds view on U.S ???

Post your thoughts ....

nix

i think he won because he's black. you cant deny the fact that being black, he was seen as a totally different president. there was this talk about his charm and all.. i ask, whats the use of charm? that is not supposed to be a deciding factor.

why is it that 95% of african americans voted for obama, when they knew that nobody had done more service to them than bill clinton. who was seen as a black president by african americans. and yet hillary clinton lost.

if 95% of white people would have voted for mccain, they would be called racist. but 95% of black people voting for obama is fine. what kinda media is this?
i say he won because of media and young, naive americans.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
He's Young,Black and Muslim, I think he can make a change if they don't kill him first.
by the way things are going in the US, I feel he'll be assassinated in late 2009 or early 2010.

ajit456

Broken In
wat we really need to think is wat he said abt outsourcing...He said he will stop outsourcing and will give jobs to Americans....Already bcoz of financial meltdown, not many projects are coming for Indian IT industry now. Wat will happen to India if outsourcing is stopped completely in India?....
But wen i think in another way, it is not easy for Obama to just ask the big IT companies there to stop outsourcing....bcoz for those companies , outsourcing is cheap and so they will continu...and also bcoz of the prevailin financial crisis they need to cut down their costs, which in turn means more outsourcing.....

Yea i know , my two points r contradictory in themselves.....but i really dunno which one will happen...wat do u guys think?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
It is impossible for Obama to kill outsourcing. American kids are dumb and evryone knows, that in the long run it will be the US who is going to suffer thrugh such a move. " More jobs for the natives, no more giving our jobs to the unknown" , these kind of statements are good to get votes, and even the industry knows that. If ever tried to put into practise, it will be an act of terrorism.

I dont think, he won coz he is black. I think he is a unique personality in himself.Yes, I know that US made him president to change their face as a secular nation with no backlogs in their mind. But, he also has things going for him last seen in the eyes of Kennedy. It is obvious for evryone, that the last deade has seen some of the worst presidents US has ever produced.Bill clinton, goerge bush, etc are all good for nothing guys who wewre lucky to be part of American system when they were at the top of their growth and movement.

But, the best part is, the pressure is on Obama itself. Have no qualms or reservations, he is the first black president in the US. US has always been a racist and will continue to do so in their hearts.you cant teach a chimapnzee to meow.
Each and every step of his will be noted and countered, the ay he talks, how he its, his laundry and bathroom schedules will all be noted from the day he is on. Dung on Obama is dung on the black communityDont think the "white" would let him get away so easily.

Let the CHESS begin. ;)

Obama comes in at a time when the whole world is going through an economic turmoil and the Us credentials are at stake. The take of Bush on the Iraq issue was highly criticized by all parts. the main job for Obama here is to restore the faith on everyone and pull themselves and the world out of a crisis that if not looked into soon, shall dwell deeper with each second.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Damn..

Its about time a brother gets to be in the white house..for shizzle..

On a serious note. US is a capitalist nation.their millions are being used by obama. if he thinks he can change their cash flow. he got a thing coming.

But a black Us pres...DAMN...a former muslim..DAMN....wonder whats his gangsta name gonna be...!!!.

.US folks..lookout bling bling in the house

He's Young,Black and Muslim, I think he can make a change if they don't kill him first.
by the way things are going in the US, I feel he'll be assassinated in late 2009 or early 2010.
I feel he will be assassinated (just a feeling/hunch) as he is turning out to already be a strong force to reckon with, and he is not even a prez yet. This might cause some "forces" (whom I do not wish to name) to take drastic action.
I do hope it doesnt happen like that :|
PS. He is a Christian man, his name is "obama" as his father was a muslim but soon divorced after marraige.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah it seems several secret agencies are planning to assassinate him. Single bullet theory.

anispace

dattebayo
i think he won because he's black. you cant deny the fact that being black, he was seen as a totally different president. there was this talk about his charm and all.. i ask, whats the use of charm? that is not supposed to be a deciding factor.

why is it that 95% of african americans voted for obama, when they knew that nobody had done more service to them than bill clinton. who was seen as a black president by african americans. and yet hillary clinton lost.

if 95% of white people would have voted for mccain, they would be called racist. but 95% of black people voting for obama is fine. what kinda media is this?

Just because Bill Clinton helped blacks doesnt mean that they should vote for Hillary.

And Obama never asked for support of blacks. Unlike our crappy politicians his major policies where for the betterment of the country as a whole. Thats why he won.

and 95% of whites voting for McCain would have been wrong and called racist because Obama was a better candidate and even then majority of white people voting for mccain would be stupid.

thegussey

Right off the assembly line
he's speech totally mesmerize me :D

I saw on telegraph 50 things about me here *www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/article3401168.ece

1 word for him : creative :)

nix

Just because Bill Clinton helped blacks doesnt mean that they should vote for Hillary.

why not?. if you were black, why would you not vote for a guy who has helped your community?. hillary, mccain, obama all promised help to the african american community. but only obama got their support. and 90% of it. they obviously voted for him, just because they wanted to see a black president.

And Obama never asked for support of blacks. Unlike our crappy politicians his major policies where for the betterment of the country as a whole. Thats why he won.

he never asked for it. but he knew its going to be there.

and 95% of whites voting for McCain would have been wrong and called racist because Obama was a better candidate and even then majority of white people voting for mccain would be stupid.

mccain was not that bad a candidate. his campaign was killed by the media. they media took sides, in a subtle way.
obama was portrayed to be a better candidate. millions voted for him, just to tell their kids they were the part of history.

americans are going over the top in their unquestioned support of this man. all those people dancing, crying on the streets was just too much. c'mon he aint god. he came like this tsunami , just wiping off everybody in his path to victory. the enthusiasm to vote for an african american surpassed everything else...

he is gonna be assassinated for sure. Whites will be whites their thoughts are complicated.

racist.

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
why not?. if you were black, why would you not vote for a guy who has helped your community?. hillary, mccain, obama all promised help to the african american community. but only obama got their support. and 90% of it. they obviously voted for him, just because they wanted to see a black president.

Obviously they would want to see a Black president. Whats wrong with that? Its not like they voted for OJ Simpson as president(if he ever ran for pres:)). Obama is a good candidate and was better than McCain and plus he was black. So he won.

he never asked for it. but he knew its going to be there.

what do u mean? He should have told blacks not to vote for him. Make sure your arguments make some sense b4 posting.

mccain was not that bad a candidate. his campaign was killed by the media. they media took sides, in a subtle way.
obama was portrayed to be a better candidate. millions voted for him, just to tell their kids they were the part of history.

americans are going over the top in their unquestioned support of this man. all those people dancing, crying on the streets was just too much. c'mon he aint god. he came like this tsunami , just wiping off everybody in his path to victory. the enthusiasm to vote for an african american surpassed everything else...

Did u even follow the elections on TV. Obama was better than McCain who though wasnt bad but not that good enough. And McCain selecting Sarah Palin as his VP candidate just ruined his chances even more.

nix

just because obama is black, doesnt mean african americans should vote for him. if you think obama was better than mccain. what about hillary? wasnt she too better than mccain, the clinton's had already done a lot for african americans.

obama was not better than mccain. mccain was portrayed as the pro-war, pro-iraq war guy who wants troops to stay there forever. thats not true. he said he favors troop presence in iraq if conditions are favorable. take for eg the US still has troops in japan.

i am not against black americans wanting to see a black president. but expecting him to improve/help the black community is just wrong. successive governments have already done a lot to help african americans. more than this, only they can help themselves.

much of the white vote for obama came by young americans who are influenced by people like madonna(she equated mccain to hitler and obama to gandhi in one of her concerts).

what contributed to mccain's defeat was his old-white-man image. obama was seen as a fresh change from all these decades of old white men who were all perceived to have the same foreign policy. very soon , people will realise that obama cant meet his lofty promises. they will realise that he cannot solve kashmir or palestine issue.

and keep the personal attacks away,i can get started too.

anispace

dattebayo
What are you complaining about dude?

How good he will be after becoming President nobody can truly say. But his campaign was damn good. Did you hear his speech after he won the campaign? It was awesome.

He won because he was better than McCain and nothing else.

And Americans dont give a damn if he is able to solve the Kashmir and Palestine issue and why should they. They have their own probs to deal with.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
what contributed to mccain's defeat was his old-white-man image. obama was seen as a fresh change from all these decades of old white men who were all perceived to have the same foreign policy. very soon , people will realise that obama cant meet his lofty promises. they will realise that he cannot solve kashmir or palestine issue.
When will people realize that there is not a single politician in the world that has probably kept his promises as per their campaign. As for Kashmir and Palestine. the US has way far bigger priorities than the above two lol.

Also to the point that you think that Obama won because he was "black" argument.

Code:
    * Total population: 299 million
    * White alone: 74% or 221.3 million
          o Not including the 23.2 million White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 66% or 198.1 million
    * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race: 14.8% or about 44.3 million
    * Black or African American alone: 13.4% or 40.9 million
    * Some other race alone: 6.5% or 19 million
    * Asian alone: 4.4% or 13.1 million
    * Two or more races: 2.0% or 6.1 million
    * American Indian or Alaska Native alone: 0.68% or 2.0 million
    * Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone: 0.14% or 0.43 million

These figures add up to more than 100% on this list because Hispanic and Latino Americans are distributed among all the races and are also listed as an ethnicity category, resulting in a double count.

These are ethnic demographics of USA in 2006. Are you saying that Obama because of a minority?

Are you saying that the people were afraid of what the media would say after they had voted for whoever? All I can say is the chances of anyone considering not to vote for Mac because the media would call them racists tomorrow is a BIG FAT ZERO.

i am not against black americans wanting to see a black president. but expecting him to improve/help the black community is just wrong. successive governments have already done a lot to help african americans. more than this, only they can help themselves.

much of the white vote for obama came by young americans who are influenced by people like madonna(she equated mccain to hitler and obama to gandhi in one of her concerts).
Lol Nice so lets see what all are the reasons that McCain lost.
1. The "Black" community voted for him.
2. The Media portrayed Obama as a historical event.
3. Madonna helped him.
Personally I find all your reasons not good enough to win an election. Out of curiosity have you ever voted in US or been there during election periods? if you believe endorsements made him fail then here you go.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_John_McCain_presidential_campaign_endorsements#Entertainers
And even if you think thats not enough whether you like it or not that is his campaigns fault. Not Obamas endorsers.

Usually Id go on stating more points but I don't see the value in doing so.

nix

When will people realize that there is not a single politician in the world that has probably kept his promises as per their campaign. As for Kashmir and Palestine. the US has way far bigger priorities than the above two lol.
isnt that just wrong, you win the election based on lofty promises, and you're saying politicans are justified in not keeping them. then why vote for them?. a good politician will be one who makes promises only which he can keep.
kashmir: kashmir may not be a priority to the US. but since its the US election, the president is expected to solve a wide variety of problems. obama is expeted to solve the kashmir issue and palestine issue also. he should interfere. since we cant solve our problem(kashmir), atleast we should hope that we get some help from obama.

Also to the point that you think that Obama won because he was "black" argument.

These are ethnic demographics of USA in 2006. Are you saying that Obama because of a minority?

not only becuase of the minority, but the minority contributed in a big way. never , never before have 95% of african americans voted for a single candidate.

Lol Nice so lets see what all are the reasons that McCain lost.
1. The "Black" community voted for him.
2. The Media portrayed Obama as a historical event.
3. Madonna helped him.
Personally I find all your reasons not good enough to win an election. Out of curiosity have you ever voted in US or been there during election periods? if you believe endorsements made him fail then here you go.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_John_McCain_presidential_campaign_endorsements#Entertainers
And even if you think thats not enough whether you like it or not that is his campaigns fault. Not Obamas endorsers.

Usually Id go on stating more points but I don't see the value in doing so.

i never said madonna's endorsement of obama made mccain lose. what i said was, all that contributes. mccain never had the youth vote. very very few college goers voted for mccain. youth have never played a bigger role in deciding the elections than this time. i think the youth got carried away by the obama mania everywhere. there was more mania to his campaign than substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom