All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

A

amit.tiger12

Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

I don't watch LOT anymore, it sucks.

How can you find them boring ?
Last 2 were great... specially episode 16 last moment revelation was great...
Justice society of America..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

prison break got boring season 3,4
same crappy plot you can see in Alias, Nikita, Chuck
a super underground secret powerful group. seen that in James bond Spectre also now.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Anyone watching 12 Monkeys? currently watching season 1 on Netflix. Hero is like no bull sh!t, get straight to the point, we kill the bad guy. lol

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Preacher S01E01, aired on 22nd May.

Having read the comic from cover to cover, I had high expectations from the TV adaptation of the same.

After watching the pilot, I must say that the series has a somewhat underwhelming start compared to the comic.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/Preacher56.png/250px-Preacher56.png

The premise of the comic is as follows

Reverend Jesse Custer is a preacher in a small town in Texas. He gets possessed by a creature known as Genesis, which was the child of an angel and a demon. Because of this, Genesis is a creature even more powerful than God and has to be kept imprisoned in heaven. However, one day it escapes from heaven and possesses Jesse while he is in the middle of service, obliterating everyone but him. The creature bestows upon him the power to command anyone to do anything and the one who was commanded will carry out his command "literally".

After the escape of Genesis, God leaves heaven and goes into hiding because Jesse could even command God now. While angels come down to earth in human form to hunt him down. In the meanwhile, Jesse teams up with his ex-GF Tulip O'Hare and an Irish vampire named Cassidy in a quest to look for God and demand the truth about his new powers.

The pilot episode takes a few liberties with the backstory and characters, adding more than they should have IMHO. Including some modification of the storyline wrt Jesse's relationship with Tulip and how he meets Cassidy. The pilot also introduces other Preacher staple characters such as Sheriff Root and his son (Arseface) and the angels that are tracking him down. The pilot also shows the first instance where Jesse exercises his power on member of his congregation.

Judging from the comparatively underwhelming start of the episode, I hope that the story catches momentum in the subsequent episodes.

But anyone who has read the comic should watch the series just to see the crazy characters from the comics in action.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Anyone watching 12 Monkeys? currently watching season 1 on Netflix. Hero is like no bull sh!t, get straight to the point, we kill the bad guy. lol
Is it based on the movie somehow?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Is it based on the movie somehow?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes, same plot.

BTW there is another sifi series coming up called Frequency which is also based on the same movie name - Frequency (2000) .

dissel

Cyborg Agent

About 12 Monkeys - Apologies and no offence to anyone - Please Don't waste your time there...It is a boring one

When someone Able to time travel and that didn't effect their physical ability or health - then there is a not a single problem exists in their universe....which is what all about.

Eat -> Sleep -> Take a dump - > Go For Time Travel -> Then Come Back Time Travel -> Again... Eat -> Sleep ->...

Flash

Lost in speed

About 12 Monkeys - Apologies and no offence to anyone - Please Don't waste your time there...It is a boring one

When someone Able to time travel and that didn't effect their physical ability or health - then there is a not a single problem exists in their universe....which is what all about.

Eat -> Sleep -> Take a dump - > Go For Time Travel -> Then Come Back Time Travel -> Again... Eat -> Sleep ->...
It's up to the time traveller to make it enjoyable or miserable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

So Limitless has been cancelled

IGN's 2016 TV Show Obituary: Here's What Got Cancelled - IG

Sent from my Xperia Z

A

amit.tiger12

Anyone watch Brain Games??? Can't find on net.
NatGeo Channel 9 pm. Anyone??

A

amit.tiger12

So Limitless has been cancelled

IGN's 2016 TV Show Obituary: Here's What Got Cancelled - IG

Sent from my Xperia Z
Thanks for list... from this, there are many series on my watchlist and worth to continue.. are those series ended properly??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Limitless is cancelled!!! WT... it was a good show, if not the best. Some episodes were fillers, but overall I enjoyed the show. Seriously man! :(

Minority Report was doomed to be cancelled. The end of that series was done properly, keeping in mind that it may not continue.

Heroes Reborn was ill fated too. The original had a high standard that the Heroes Reborn only partially met. I am not sad for it's discontinuation.

As for other shows in the "won't be back" list, the only other series I would like to watch is Marvel’s Agent Carter.

Arrow, Flash and LoT are renewed which was expected. Renewal of Quantico is a good news for Priyanka, although I didn't expect it. Supergirl renewal is also surprising for me.

Seriously sad about Limitless though. :'(

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Thanks for list... from this, there are many series on my watchlist and worth to continue.. are those series ended properly??
Only watched limitless

And it ended properly as in no cliffhangers

Sent from my Xperia Z

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Limitless, Quantico were very boring.

The only show I am enjoying this season is Silicon Valley and Game of thrones.
I am thinking of checking out Billions.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

The way Quantico ended, it had to have a second innings. I seriously hope they up their game.

sygeek

Technomancer

Limitless, Quantico were very boring.

The only show I am enjoying this season is Silicon Valley and Game of thrones.
I am thinking of checking out Billions.

Limitless started off boring but got better and better in later episodes. Last few episodes were great.

Top Bottom