All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

Actually mr robot does white hat hacking, means type of hacking from legal people.
Lol no

White Hat hackers are those that work in security firms and hack to check for vulnerabilities and are paid by the websites that they hack to to help them to find and close the security loopholes

Black Hat hackers are hackers that hack for their own personal gain and take advantage of the security loopholes and vulnerabilities present and then use it for their own private gain

In short White Hat hackers are legal hackers ,black hat are not .

And in Mr Robot Elliot is a black hat hacker who hacks people and his day job is in a security firm where he manages the security of his clients

A

amit.tiger12

Lol no

White Hat hackers are those that work in security firms and hack to check for vulnerabilities and are paid by the websites that they hack to to help them to find and close the security loopholes

Black Hat hackers are hackers that hack for their own personal gain and take advantage of the security loopholes and vulnerabilities present and then use it for their own private gain

And in Mr Robot Elliot is a black hat hacker who hacks people and his day job is in a security firm where he manages the security of his clients
Lol...

He is indeed black hat hacker... But they showed commands of white hacker mostly use in front of other people.. You will not understand that..

icebags

Technomancer

so, completed watching Signal, what and interesting watch, was hooked all the time. some plotholes were there, some things where taken as granted, but what an interesting way to tell the story......

next in line would be Outlander, since the 2nd season started, it would be safe now to complete the 1st season on a marathon perhaps, and also thinking of watching Splash splash love, 2 ep drama for quick fun.

so, none of you people watch kdrama or jdrama stuff ? they make such nice historic, suspense and drama series content.

A

amit.tiger12

What ....lol ... since when does "commands" become white hat and black hat (legal or illegal) ...lol. That does not make any sense ........ there is no "secret" commands for only white hackers ...... if there is a backdoor trojan that can be initiated via CLI its same for both BnW hackers .....its just that for White Hackers it becomes ligit ....

Again Lol....

not actually Commands, i mean method of hackings. There are many ways to hack.. if you think they gonna show us real trick to hack something into then show won't telecast..
It's just like hiding yourself.. You will never understand that...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Lol. Quite some interesting convos around here for Mr Robot. I am glad sam9s finally got around to watch this.

We had a pretty good and active thread when Mr Robot aired. Checking that might get many doubts clear. *forum.digit.in/chit-chat/192939-mr-robot-ongoing-cyberpunk-thriller-drama-television-series.html {Needless to say, its spoiler filled.}

Overall, Mr Robot was a fantastic show. Gave me ghoosebumps many times.

A

amit.tiger12

Again ...you will never understand that ...lol.....why do you think its only you who has the some high level of brain beans that other might not have .... :)

ok coming back ... yes method of actual hacking might obviouly be secluded from display for obvious reasons .... but you did not make that clear did you ..:) ...Guess I will never understand that ....:rolleyes:
Hacking is not your veins, so again you will never understand.. And again lol..
You look good as a critic but not in this field....

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION] [MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION]

Please let it cool. Lets get back to TV show discussions.

A

amit.tiger12

Back to tv show, can anyone suggest some good shows on Hulu etc..

ratul

█████████████████

You all should watch Black Mirror. Freakin epic show, really horrifying sometimes to see the future that might not be too far now. :scared_NF:

- - - Updated - - -

Lol...

He is indeed black hat hacker... But they showed commands of white hacker mostly use in front of other people.. You will not understand that..

Lol no

What ....lol ... since when does "commands" become white hat and black hat (legal or illegal) ...lol. That does not make any sense ........ there is no "secret" commands for only white hackers ...... if there is a backdoor trojan that can be initiated via CLI its same for both BnW hackers .....its just that for White Hackers it becomes ligit ....

Again Lol....

not actually Commands, i mean method of hackings. There are many ways to hack.. if you think they gonna show us real trick to hack something into then show won't telecast..
It's just like hiding yourself.. You will never understand that...

Again ...you will never understand that ...lol.....why do you think its only you who has the some high level of brain beans that other might not have .... :)

ok coming back ... yes method of actual hacking might obviouly be secluded from display for obvious reasons .... but you did not make that clear did you ..:) ...Guess I will never understand that ....:rolleyes:

Hacking is not your veins, so again you will never understand.. And again lol..
You look good as a critic but not in this field....

^^^ And what makes you think hacking is not in my vains (and probably only is in yours ..).... what makes you think I might not be doing all that stuff already ........... better not underestimate others, and definitely better not to try to preconceived a notion ...:)

guys, calm your nerves. There's something called Grey Hat Hackers, which most of the hackers are, actually there's no white hat hacker, every white hat hacker has done something malicious here and there. :silence_NF:

and they are actually showing real stuff that people use to hack, of course not in it's true glory, but it's not something magical, softwares are becoming increasingly complex and so are ways to exploit them, humans are the weakest point here, so that's where social engineering becomes the big thing, and next buying exploits from people on underground market, darkweb, IRC, whatever you want. Lastly, just using already publicly available tools (Kali). All of these things are in the show, so that makes it authentic, and that's how it's done. The only thing missing are the details of reversing a binary/searching through code, finding that loophole and turning it into a workable exploit. Everything else, is true.

And if you loved Mr. Robot, i am sure you'd love Black Mirror as well, not hacking related, but dark side of the techy world and it's consequences which really doesn't seem that far away now.

Source: A White (Gray) Hat Hacker.

Flake

Linux User

Yes I have already seen Black Mirror - season 1 and 2 ...waiting for Se03 ....and yes it is an exceptional, show and for a mature audience as well, not everyone will like it or infact understand it as well. My fave EP of the total six were ... EP2 and EP3 from season one and EP1 from season 2. Rest were also pretty cool but my fav were these three.
Have you watched White Christmas ( S03E00 )? Its best from the lot and one of my favorites (9/10).
White Christmas

Share your views about it.

Flake

Linux User

Nope haven't seen, didn't know SE03 was out. Will wait for Se03 to finish will watch then. I dont like to watch episode by episode ..:)
I don't think Season 3 will out any time soon. White Christmas was released around December 2014. Its a special episode. S03E00

A

amit.tiger12

Can anybody tell me about 24 TV series is better than Indian version?
I liked indian version because politics in family and that Sri Lanka issue is really bigger to handle without hurting other people especially in India..
Anybody ?

Kaltrops

In the zone

Can anybody tell me about 24 TV series is better than Indian version?
I liked indian version because politics in family and that Sri Lanka issue is really bigger to handle without hurting other people especially in India..
Anybody ?
Yup, different level stuff. Especially the first 4 seasons. Don't even compare Indian stuff to that.

A

amit.tiger12

Thanks, now going to watch 24, big series don't wanted to waste time getting bored so asked..

Top Bottom