All Metalheads here

karnivore

in your face..
^^Sorry, deleted my earlier post, cauz i though it was just too arrogant. I am too old for the teenage "metal = mucho" bull$hit.

Those who think that electronic music is a child's paly.....well......he is just putting question mark on his understanding of music, altogether.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
for me its rather clear.....if the music n lyrics appeals to my ears, i don't give a sh!t how it was made...whether some guy worked his a&& off playing the instruments, whether it was syntthesized on someone's PC or hell, whether someone just banged together pots and pans.....th e bottomline is i should njoy it

karnivore

in your face..
^^ And thats how it should be. There used to be a time when i used live Sepultura. Today, actually its been years, I don't even feel like listening to them anymore.

With age your preferences change, and if they don't, u need an appointment with a shrink.

OP
MetalheadGautham
karnivore said:
^^Sorry, deleted my earlier post, cauz i though it was just too arrogant. I am too old for the teenage "metal = mucho" bull$hit.

Those who think that electronic music is a child's paly.....well......he is just putting question mark on his understanding of music, altogether.
It may not be childs play, but it definitely is MetalheadGautham's play. wanna see my compositions ? all effortless. I can upload them, but please suggest me a good uploading site.

xbonez said:
for me its rather clear.....if the music n lyrics appeals to my ears, i don't give a sh!t how it was made...whether some guy worked his a&& off playing the instruments, whether it was syntthesized on someone's PC or hell, whether someone just banged together pots and pans.....th e bottomline is i should njoy it
here too its the same, but I just don't call it metal, to which ppl here object:p

Last edited:

expertno.1

Technomancer
dude dude dude ....have your ever tried to listen soft songs also ? like Hilary Duff's - Come Clean ?

listen it bro .....many soft songs are also pleasing to ears

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

OP
MetalheadGautham
expertno.1 said:
dude dude dude ....have your ever tried to listen soft songs also ? like Hilary Duff's - Come Clean ?

listen it bro .....many soft songs are also pleasing to ears

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1
lets see...

its alright
mama said
stairway to heaven
hotel california
one
fade to black
mr. tambourine man
<insert 1000 more songs here from my music folder>

...yep

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I really miss the original Lynyrd Skynyrd, wish they were alive today :(

*www.the70sproject.com/lyrics/photos/lynyrd-skynyrd.jpg *www.galvestonmusicscene.com/Blog-Photos/LynyrdSkynyrd2.jpg *ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511PK4VJ1XL._AA240_.jpg

EDIT: I got only a few songs so to say, if anyone got a lot, care to share with me? The stores here in B'lore are empty of them and those who have are some recent records, but I want the old ones.

Last edited:

karnivore

in your face..
MetalheadGautham said:
It may not be childs play, but it definitely is MetalheadGautham's play. wanna see my compositions ? all effortless. I can upload them, but please suggest me a good uploading site.

Sorry didn't realise, i was talking to the next best thing in DJ mix scene. My appologies. Just wondering how easy it is to produce sounds like.......say, Gorillaz (just and example).

And i also forgot that "use" of technology means use of a computer and a software to cook your music with. Of course. Of course. Crap like VCS3 is indeed stone-age technology. Floyd RIP. Then again, Floyd was never a METAL band.

Hmmm............tell me, how do u differentiate between Metal and, say, Industrial rock. or for that matter Grunge, or Punk, unless of course, some pundit in the west has not already categorised them for you. Exactly what makes METAL, what it is, metal.

Anyway.........whatever.

Last edited:
OP
MetalheadGautham
karnivore said:
Sorry didn't realise, i was talking to the next best thing in DJ mix scene. My appologies. Just wondering how easy it is to produce sounds like.......say, Gorillaz (just and example).

And i also forgot that "use" of technology means use of a computer and a software to cook your music with. Of course. Of course. Crap like VCS3 is indeed stone-age technology. Floyd RIP. Then again, Floyd was never a METAL band.

Hmmm............tell me, how do u differentiate between Metal and, say, Industrial rock. or for that matter Grunge, or Punk, unless of course, some pundit in the west has not already categorised them for you. Exactly what makes METAL, what it is, metal.

Anyway.........whatever.
Wow, you have no idea what metal is, still you start flaming it?

Lemme give an intro:

Metal is a type of music characterised by instruments like the electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, and optional keyboards. Its usually power and music oriented, in the sence that the due importance is given to music, along with vocals, which you don't find in pop bands, where only thr lead vocalist has a face. In metal, guitars are often distorted using amplifyers, effects pedals, wah-wah pedals and equilizers to give them teir characteristic sounds. Metal has its origins in Blues, Classical Music, Rock 'n Roll, etc, but metal certainly can't be called those, nor can those be called metal. Metal is usually all about instrumentation. These days, in a revolution started by Korn, bands are starting to use metal styles along with pop/hip-hop/rap styles to produce music. Though they call it Nu Metal, it certainly is not metal, and though its related to metal like how metal is related to blues, neither is metal blues not is the so called Nu Metal Metal.

Now for my intrests:

I like the type of music thats conceptually metallic. I hence like strong instrumentation and hard work. I like classic rock, heavy metal and its family, classical music(eastern and western) and similar stuff.

I also enjoy these electronic genres like rap, but only a little, and I give preference to metal over them.

expertno.1

Technomancer
a lot of metal has happened ....

@metalhead

whats your favourate metal song ?

i wanna listen it

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

OP
MetalheadGautham
^^Nothing specific, but I think an ideal song will be:

Metropolis Part 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper by Dream Theater from the album Images and Words.

karnivore

in your face..
I hate to do this.........but here goes nothing.

....characterised by instruments like the electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, and optional keyboards
Name one genre of rock, which is not.

......power and music oriented, in the sence that the due importance is given to music, along with vocals, which you don't find in pop bands
First, the comparison is not between METAL and POP, but between METAL and other rock genres, which are equally "metallic" (eg. Grunge/ Punk/ Acid/ Industrial/ Death/ Thrash among others). Second, no self-respecting rocker would compromise power/ lyrics/ chord to MELODY as in pop.

...guitars are often distorted using amplifyers, effects pedals, wah-wah pedals and equilizers to give them teir characteristic sounds
Again, aren't these technologies. And once again, which rock genre doesn't use a mix of these equipments.

...origins in Blues, Classical Music, Rock 'n Roll, etc...
Most of the rock genres can trace its roots to all those (including folk/ blue grass and dare i say jazz)

So, u can see, u have only given a vague def of metal, which can be applied to any genres of rock. Again, answer this and u will find your smiling face on the cover of Rolling Stones.

Differentiate between METAL/ GRUNGE/ INDUSTRIAL/ PUNK.

...you have no idea what metal is...
After over 2 decades of listening to a wide spectrum of rock, you will be asking yourself the same question. What exactly is the basis for categorisation. Is it the sound, is it the vocals, is it the arrangement, is it the philosophy, is it the background of the band......what is the basis.

Hope to see u there someday................

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
has anybody heard of Opeth the swedish death metal band. They are simply awesome with songs combining hoarse vocals with some really good bass n guitars. But still like Iron Maiden also equally*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif. They are the best of all the lot.

OP
MetalheadGautham
karnivore said:
I hate to do this.........but here goes nothing.

Name one genre of rock, which is not.

First, the comparison is not between METAL and POP, but between METAL and other rock genres, which are equally "metallic" (eg. Grunge/ Punk/ Acid/ Industrial/ Death/ Thrash among others). Second, no self-respecting rocker would compromise power/ lyrics/ chord to MELODY as in pop.

Again, aren't these technologies. And once again, which rock genre doesn't use a mix of these equipments.

Most of the rock genres can trace its roots to all those (including folk/ blue grass and dare i say jazz)

So, u can see, u have only given a vague def of metal, which can be applied to any genres of rock. Again, answer this and u will find your smiling face on the cover of Rolling Stones.

Differentiate between METAL/ GRUNGE/ INDUSTRIAL/ PUNK.

After over 2 decades of listening to a wide spectrum of rock, you will be asking yourself the same question. What exactly is the basis for categorisation. Is it the sound, is it the vocals, is it the arrangement, is it the philosophy, is it the background of the band......what is the basis.

Hope to see u there someday................
these are all technologies, agreed. Its similar to rock, agreed. But there is still that "something extra" in metal you can't find in rock. nor in pop. Metal is like love, in the sence that it needs to be experienced, not explained. Metal is NOT rock, its... just forget it. You can't understand metal, so I forgive you. Listen to what you like, but please don't flame in a thread flocked by metalheads, and run by an abusive debater and metalhead like me.

PS: just try listening to the song I prescribed to expert.

thelordrrulzzz said:
has anybody heard of Opeth the swedish death metal band. They are simply awesome with songs combining hoarse vocals with some really good bass n guitars. But still like Iron Maiden also equally*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif. They are the best of all the lot.
you heard the songs "The Number of the Beast", "Run to the Hills", "The Legacy" and "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" along with albums "Iron Maiden", "Powerslave" and "The Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"? They are maiden's signatures, with eXtreme musicianship.

Last edited:

karnivore

in your face..
"something extra"
That something is in your head.

...so I forgive you
Thank you.....otherwise i would have been boiled alive in some fiery pit of a burning hell.

Anyway........its all in the ears.

Enjoy your stuff

And guys what about DRAGONFORCE. i haven't heard anyone play a guitar that fast. just try them for once.

OP
MetalheadGautham
karnivore said:
That something is in your head.

Thank you.....otherwise i would have been boiled alive in some fiery pit of a burning hell.

Anyway........its all in the ears.

Enjoy your stuff

And guys what about DRAGONFORCE. i haven't heard anyone play a guitar that fast. just try them for once.
ever heard Kirk Hammett? He is the meaning of speed.(and my avatar, FYI)

and that something is obviously in the head. Any damn feeling occurs right in the head.

And its NOT in the ears.

It depends on the person's personality, mood, intrests, and identity. Thats the way people like music. I for instance, don't see any difference between hip-hop, rap, pop, etc, while their fans will shout at me for saying that. But I can perfectly recoganise what kind of metal/rock song something is, instantly.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...guitar is not all about metal.

Heard about cello ???
Apocalyptica ???

The most difficult instrument to learn is cello and violin and thats what takes u really into the music.

karnivore

in your face..
ever heard Kirk Hammett? He is the meaning of speed
*i180.photobucket.com/albums/x31/trash609/yociexp115-1-1.gif

I understand that u r a die hard METALLICA fan, no harm done, but when u make commets like that, u actually make a mockery of speed metal. While Kirk is fast and good, calling him the "meaning of speed" is way too much to digest.

I suggest u listen to a little bit of Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, Herman Li, etc, to know what SPEED means. After u r through these people, Kirk will seem to be playing his stuff in slo-mo.

Anyway, this is what your "meaning of speed" had to say about DRAGONFORCE.
Steve Baltin of AOL Music recently asked Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett which new guitarists have impressed him of late.
"I really like this absurd band called Dragonforce," Kirk said. "Those are the fastest guitar players I think I've ever seen. They're like Yngwie [Malmsteen] on steroids. No, they're like Barry Bonds on guitar. It's amazing. I saw one video and I swear to God the guy must've played 75,000 notes."
Source

Anyway, lets give it rest and move on, shall we.