All Metalheads here

1. Betallica may be a parody band, but they still rock. They are the only free band that I actually found inpressive. I find them amusing and inspiring at the same time.

2. SOAD is not Nu Metal. They have their own sound and are a class apart from the rest. Nu Metal is hip-hop combined with glam metal, while SOAD has a classic air to it. Ever heard Sugar?

3. Rammstein is Industrial Metal, and german, but I still follow the themes a bit. I don't recomend them for all, but still, Mein Hertz Brent rocks!

4. Metal need not be noice for all ears. Agreed, Slayer is in that catogary a bit, but Metal gives energy to those who understand it.

5. does anyone want a new thread on Betallica? I can give links for discography, album covers, lyrics and some other fun stuff.

6. You don't need to Smoke/Drink/Dope to listen to metal :mad: . I don't, and nor do most others.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ I never said that you need to Smoke/Drink/Dope to listen to metal . I said if you are occasional drinker then it feels more energetic and fun to listen :) ......moreover it depends on the mood when to listen to metal and when not .......

and I am not recommending anyone drinking but the fact is most rock/metal band members are themselves heavy drinkers/dope takers while they do stage show and play ....

hope u understood my point

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Rammstein is Industrial Metal, and german, but I still follow the themes a bit. I don't recomend them for all, but still, Mein Hertz Brent rocks!

ya ...but I am a die hard Rammy fan and I recommend them to everybody :)
u like metallica and i like rammy ..so naturally we will recommend our fav band to everybody

esumitkumar said:
ya ...but I am a die hard Rammy fan and I recommend them to everybody :)
u like metallica and i like rammy ..so naturally we will recommend our fav band to everybody
I said that their music is good, but lyrics are ???

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
esumitkumar said:
^^ I never said that you need to Smoke/Drink/Dope to listen to metal . I said if you are occasional drinker then it feels more energetic and fun to listen :) ......moreover it depends on the mood when to listen to metal and when not .......

and I am not recommending anyone drinking but the fact is most rock/metal band members are themselves heavy drinkers/dope takers while they do stage show and play ....

hope u understood my point
What the musicians do other than music is just their business, but yes its a sad fact that fans incorporate the same in their lives. I guess thats why they are called 'role models'.

Being a fan of Rammstein myself, I can actually give you instances where people before resorting to violence, listened to Rammstein to get the feel to hurt and kill, which is really sad.:(

I for one, am just bothered about what comes outta my speakers.

Edit: And you've never heard of the controversy? *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rammstein#Relation_to_violent_events

Last edited:

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
MetalheadGautham said:
^^thats the sad part of metal. ppl assosiate metal with drunkedness and violence, despite most bands spreading friendship and brotherhood.

can you suggest a nice slow and melodious english tracks like ,

here without you by 3 doors down
la isla bonita by madonna
going home by kenny G
don't speak

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
esumitkumar said:
if u listen to death metal it will seem like a noise .......
grow up dude, have you ever cared to listen what the genre is all about, the feeling and emotions they convey with the growls is something you can't find in any other genre.

esumitkumar said:
@off topic ........how many digitians smoke/drink while listening metal occasionally

no comments, maybe thats what i'm doing now :D :oops:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I said that their music is good, but lyrics are ???
lyrics are good too..they have good songs like "Seemann" ,"du hast","engel"
have u ever listened to "dalai lama"..read its lyrics damn gud ....
also "amerika",Morgenstern ,Ohne dich ,Links 234 ,Feuer frei! ,mutter are notable for their lyrics

also they have bad meaning typo songs like "Heirate mich","Mein teil",sehnsucht... but 90% of their fans dont understand german so....

and by bad meaning ....i mean in context of our indian values ...(ie homose*uality,incest relationships etc) ......in Europe and US this is not a bad thing bcuz their culture differs from us ........so i dont blame them..

Being a fan of Rammstein myself, I can actually give you instances where people before resorting to violence, listened to Rammstein to get the feel to hurt and kill, which is really sad.
yes read frm wiki entry of rammy...thr are many controversies surrounding them..and they have always said they arent responsible for action of their fans..which is right .......its like a razor blade example..u can cut ur shave by that and u can cut a person's throat by that...its u who is guilty not the inventor of razor blade :)

despite most bands spreading friendship and brotherhood
every coin has its two sides..their is a dark side of metal too ..havent ever heard of death metal first,second and third wave bands ..how anti christ are they ........

so my dear ..pick up what u choose ..what u like ....and having a fav band doesnt mean u become like them ......

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
MetalheadGautham said:
2. SOAD is not Nu Metal. They have their own sound and are a class apart from the rest. Nu Metal is hip-hop combined with glam metal, while SOAD has a classic air to it. Ever heard Sugar?

indeed they're a class apart but they are not metal, not in the least bit :p

Chester said:
indeed they're a class apart but they are not metal, not in the least bit :p
Did I say I hated non-metals? I said I hated Nu Metal, but I love Classic rock tracks. Dream Theater also proves that. ever heard Metropolis Pt 1 The Miracle and the Sleeper? Its a real beauty.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i even am crazy about Amy Lee....amazing voice and awesome lyrics. apart from that, even like My Chem romance

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Damn. How can you call Linkin Park sh1t? Have you even bothered listening to their latest album??

You probably lack the musical complexity required to appreciate anything but heavy and hard music....

Top Bottom