All laptop related queries here!!!

ancientrites

In the zone
guys i just bought hp g7-1207 se with 17.3 inch screen luckily its not that heavier than toshiba qosmio series
there is one tiny problem i have only one partition c drive with 750 gb.can anyone recommend me the partition manager for creating one more drive.

Cilus

laborare est orare
guys i just bought hp g7-1207 se with 17.3 inch screen luckily its not that heavier than toshiba qosmio series
there is one tiny problem i have only one partition c drive with 750 gb.can anyone recommend me the partition manager for creating one more drive.

I don't think you need any extra partition manager tool for that. It can be done by using Windows 7 tools.

1. Right click on My Computer icon and select Manage.

2. Inside the Computer Management Window, select Disk Management, present under Storage in the Left hand side. It will show all the HDDs connected to your device and the partitions for each of the drives. In your case there will be a single HDD with a single partition of 750GB.

3. Right click on that partition and select Shrink Volume option. After some internal calculation the Shrink window will open up.

4. It will have the following fields:
i. Total Size before Shrink in MB (total size of the partition in MB) Read Only
ii. Total Size available for Shrink in MB (Total free space of that drive)
iii. Enter the amount of Space to Shrink in MB (Editable). Here provide the
amount of space you want to cut from the Partition.
iv. Total Size after shrink in MB (read Only). It will show what will be the size of the existing partition after shrink and will be updated automatically as per the value put in the 3rd field.

Once the selected value is provided in the 3rd field, simply click on the Shrink button and you are done. Remember, the OS drive, which is the only drive currently in your system, after shrink should have at least 50 GB of free space. So the 4th field should always have 51,200 MB or greater value.

nav18

Broken In
How is this laptop?

Dell Inspiron M5010 AMD/ 4GB/ 640GB/1GB ATI 550v Graphics

Dell Inspiron M5010 AMD/ 4GB/ 640GB/ DOS/1GB Graphic Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

Why can't I find this laptop on Dell India Website(For Freedom of choosing Different Colors),Although it is in US website by name 501R.

powerstarprince

In the zone
what is the best sonic master settings for vocal clarity bass and surround to keep in asus n series laptops for the best sound on ear phones and speakers??
what shud be the adaptive volume low / high?

subhajitmaji

Broken In
Can anyone tell me how much does it usually cost to replace a 15.4inch LCD screen? I have a brand new Samusng RV509, the LCD got damaged due to an accident.

linuxman

Broken In
Is it a good deal?

DELL LAPTOP 14R CORE I5 8GB 500GB WIN7 for 36K

DELL LAPTOP 14R CORE I5 8GB 500GB WIN7 BILL 1YR BILL INSPIRON DELL COMPLETECOVE | eBay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Can anyone tell me how much does it usually cost to replace a 15.4inch LCD screen? I have a brand new Samusng RV509, the LCD got damaged due to an accident.

Around 5-6k.

Is it a good deal?

DELL LAPTOP 14R CORE I5 8GB 500GB WIN7 for 36K

DELL LAPTOP 14R CORE I5 8GB 500GB WIN7 BILL 1YR BILL INSPIRON DELL COMPLETECOVE | eBay

Its not mentioned that the procy is 2nd gen or first gen. If its first gen then don't take coz their cooling is not so good.

nav18

Broken In
How is this laptop?

Dell Inspiron M5010 AMD/ 4GB/ 640GB/1GB ATI 550v Graphics

*www.flipkart.com/computers/laptops/dell/itmd37zvcdyb4kqw?pid=comd37zufyzxzb74&_l=fj+MGWdJ79F26QpLyhq3IA--&_r=3xGJrvS0CfwMp1CEK9Hw1w--&ref=63bbb563-f6cb-4a2e-976a-38ce7dcf10a9#read-reviews

Why can't I find this laptop on Dell India Website(For Freedom of choosing Different Colors),Although it is in US website by name 501R.

Still waiting for reply,Although now I know battery life of this on is not good.

Last edited:

himanshubias

Broken In
please tell me the best laptop in 50,000 range which can easily run the game lke call of duty mw3 and also supports all features of photoshop cs5

piyushkool1

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy a laptop in 35k-40k
I need a configuration of atleast
500GB HDD
4GB RAM
2nd gen i3 or more
Good Graphics Card atleast 1GB
Main Purpose Gaming
Please suggest me a laptop

powerstarprince

In the zone
Should i use aero(glass) or the basic theme for my windows 7?
i got the intel hd 3000 and gt555 and heard that basic uses cpu and ram while aero uses the gpu. since this is optimus i don't know wat gpu it will use but for gaming gpu wud be more stressed under aero.
my auslogics boost speed says tht my gpu(probably intel hd) natively doesn't supports aero effects and its safe to disable it for better performance. can someone let me know if i shud go ahead use the basic or keep the aero? playing with windows in aero is better than in basic where it drags under animation...

powerstarprince

In the zone
In the change advanced power settings, there's the intel graphics power plan.... right now it is set to balanced for me under both battery and plugged in.
Is it good to change it to maximum performance when plugged in and how would the laptop temperatures be goin' when my intel hd performs under maximum mode ??

Hi,

I have a problem with my new laptop (asus n55sf). It runs very slow and games become laggy when I unplug the AC adapter, even though I have the 'High performance' setting turned on. I use the laptop mostly for games and I don't want to have it constantly plugged it as I've heard it ruins the battery.

I've tried doing several things so far, like disabling the Intel SpeedStep in BIOS, changing all the settings to High Performance in 'Advanced Power Settings' and in nVidia control panel. Still, when I try to play games when on battery, they lag.

I'd like to know what are my other options to make games run smooth, and are they going to be harmful to the battery in any way? I don't mind the battery discharging quickly when I play a game, cause I can always plug in the adapter when the power is low. Although I don't want the battery to discharge quickly when I'm on the 'balanced' or 'power saver' mode.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
can someone let me know if i shud go ahead use the basic or keep the aero?

You can keep the aero. HD3000 can handle it.

Thank you and can you tell me where to buy this?
Flipkart is offering only blue color and dell India website do not have it in their listing anymore.

IDK. AMD based lappis are very few so can't say.

In the change advanced power settings, there's the intel graphics power plan.... right now it is set to balanced for me under both battery and plugged in.
Is it good to change it to maximum performance when plugged in and how would the laptop temperatures be goin' when my intel hd performs under maximum mode ??

No problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my new laptop (asus n55sf). It runs very slow and games become laggy when I unplug the AC adapter, even though I have the 'High performance' setting turned on. I use the laptop mostly for games and I don't want to have it constantly plugged it as I've heard it ruins the battery.

I've tried doing several things so far, like disabling the Intel SpeedStep in BIOS, changing all the settings to High Performance in 'Advanced Power Settings' and in nVidia control panel. Still, when I try to play games when on battery, they lag.

I'd like to know what are my other options to make games run smooth, and are they going to be harmful to the battery in any way? I don't mind the battery discharging quickly when I play a game, cause I can always plug in the adapter when the power is low. Although I don't want the battery to discharge quickly when I'm on the 'balanced' or 'power saver' mode.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

One suggestion- Throw battery out while playing. It will cool down the laptop also. Plus battery isn't ruined if continuosly charged, power gets autocut if battery is fully charged.

powerstarprince

In the zone
ok removing the battery and playing games on ac power is fine. But what if power goes off suddenly , the laptop will shut down immediately. can this be some kind of hindrance for not using the battery?? or.. it's not a problem if the laptop improperly shuts down once a day...?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Logically, this should does not create problem, but its not recommended as sometimes it may result in boot-failure. Otherwise, its fine.

powerstarprince

In the zone
Okay... i'm getting around 85 C max temperatures while gaming for an hour or two.
Is this temp harmful for the battery ...and upto what temps can the battery be left when using the ac adapter without damaging its life or getting it heated?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Fine. But see, when you play while plugging in the battery, the moment till the battery is charged, it'd also contribute some heat to system. That's why its preferred to remove battery while playing. Otherwise no issues. :)

Top Bottom