All laptop related queries here!!!

prvprv

Journeyman
a 4GB ddr3 Laptop RAM is Rs. 1200/- in retail market.
I do not own a laptop now but want to know how much does DELL ppl charge to install a 4GB ddr3 ram in Inspiron Laptop ? (because we can't do it when in warranty)

yash509

Right off the assembly line
i am confused between my 3 luvs
hp dv6-6121tx i72630/4gb/2gb radeon 6770/beats audio
hp dm4-3022tx i52450/4gb/1gb radeon 7470/beats audio
asus k53SV-SX521D i72670/8gb/2gb nvidia 540m

the first one attracts me for it is having decent specs at decent price.(near 54000rs)

.second one attracts me for its having awesome looks (beats logo at back)
and triple base reflex sub woofers.

ands third one attracts me bcoz its hving high end configuration at low price .(less than 50ks) but it does not come with a genuine windows instead with a dos.

plz help me out selecting one of these.also tell me whether the above asus laptop will create any problem regarding installation of drivers coz it does not come with genuine windows.

ashish21099

Broken In
i am confused between my 3 luvs
hp dv6-6121tx i72630/4gb/2gb radeon 6770/beats audio
hp dm4-3022tx i52450/4gb/1gb radeon 7470/beats audio
asus k53SV-SX521D i72670/8gb/2gb nvidia 540m

the first one attracts me for it is having decent specs at decent price.(near 54000rs)

.second one attracts me for its having awesome looks (beats logo at back)
and triple base reflex sub woofers.

ands third one attracts me bcoz its hving high end configuration at low price .(less than 50ks) but it does not come with a genuine windows instead with a dos.

plz help me out selecting one of these.also tell me whether the above asus laptop will create any problem regarding installation of drivers coz it does not come with genuine windows.
I would choose the 1st one bcoz of best config(6770=gt555).
You wont have any problem with drivers in ASUS laptop as they give Win7 driver cd with it.
Okay... i'm getting around 85 C max temperatures while gaming for an hour or two.
Is this temp harmful for the battery ...and upto what temps can the battery be left when using the ac adapter without damaging its life or getting it heated?
85 is too high and it might be harmful.My laptop reaches 62 c even after oced cpu.Maybe your cpu heatsink is not clean.
I want to buy a laptop in 35k-40k
I need a configuration of atleast
500GB HDD
4GB RAM
2nd gen i3 or more
Good Graphics Card atleast 1GB
Main Purpose Gaming
Please suggest me a laptop
Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D
It has i5,4GB ram,750gb HDD and 2gb gt540m.

Akkrin

Hi guys,

Looking for a laptop under 45k.
Preferable configuration is:

Core i5500GB Hard disk
6GB Ram
Nvidia GT 540 M 1GB
screen resolution 14/15 inch full HD.

I will be mainly using the laptop for entertainment and gaming.
Confused with the brands available. :-? Pls suggest.

Last edited:

yash509

i am still confused and cannot make between hp dv6 6121tx and dm4 3022tx..the main problem is as most of the dealers tell that 6121 is discontinued but the hp website and their executives say its running model and available.also this laptop is not available at flipkart since a long time.and similar case with dm4 3022.it does not yet came at flipkart and unavailable to other dealers. what should i do?which one should i buy and from where? plz help me

amishrit

Hi guys..........

I wana buy a lappy within a budget of 45k

I'm looking for a config of 15" led display
i3 or i5 processor
4gb ram
500GB hdd
1 GB graphic card
I have shortlisted the dell 15R
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

and lenovo
Lenovo - Affordable Laptops - Z Series by Lenovo | India(IN)

IdeaPad Z570
59-307654
Rs.41,490 + tax*
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2430M
Free DOS
Bluetooth 2.1 /
Camera 2.0M / HDMI /
Card Reader / Numpad
Rambo Tray in 12.7mm 4G(1*4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz
750G 9.5mm 5400rpm
15.6 HD LED Glare / Gun Metal Grey / NVidia N12P-GV1 DDR31GB Graphics

My main usage would be for entertainment purpose and not much of gaming as i already have a very powerful gaming desktop.

Please suggest me which one would be a better choice iin terms of performance , reliability and after sales service .

Thx

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi guys,

Looking for a laptop under 45k.
Preferable configuration is:

Core i5500GB Hard disk
6GB Ram
Nvidia GT 540 M 1GB
screen resolution 14/15 inch full HD.

I will be mainly using the laptop for entertainment and gaming.
Confused with the brands available. :-? Pls suggest.

First decide that which screen size will be apt for you on the basis of your usage then we can help you in a better way. :) Also, for full HD your budget will fall short by 7k, so think about it if you really need it, though it will aptly compliment laptop's beauty.

i am still confused and cannot make between hp dv6 6121tx and dm4 3022tx..the main problem is as most of the dealers tell that 6121 is discontinued but the hp website and their executives say its running model and available.also this laptop is not available at flipkart since a long time.and similar case with dm4 3022.it does not yet came at flipkart and unavailable to other dealers. what should i do?which one should i buy and from where? plz help me

Since these models are discontinued bu HP, its hard to find the,. Also, these have had lots of problems, so I'd suggest you to ditch these models and wait for new models to be launched (if you're adamant to buy HP), otherwise we can suggest you some other alternatives.

Hi guys..........

I wana buy a lappy within a budget of 45k

I'm looking for a config of 15" led display
i3 or i5 processor
4gb ram
500GB hdd
1 GB graphic card

My main usage would be for entertainment purpose and not much of gaming as i already have a very powerful gaming desktop.

Please suggest me which one would be a better choice iin terms of performance , reliability and after sales service .

Thx

If your main purpose is gaming, why not go for full HD (1080p) screen? You'll just have to shell out 7k more (52k), but it will be totally worth it. Have a look at this review. I hope you'll be much tempted to go for this. :)
Sony Vaio CB35 Review

yash509

thnx sujay for the advice.does dm4 one also has issues?And plz tell me what kind of problems are you talking about and whether thats the reason they are discontinued?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
thnx sujay for the advice.does dm4 one also has issues?And plz tell me what kind of problems are you talking about and whether thats the reason they are discontinued?

Mostly heating issues and mobo frying up. Though many HP owners are saying that heating issues has been solved upto much extent. Still, HP has sadly got one of the highest failure rate. I can count on my both hands that how many friends got their HP fried up. :(

amishrit

The cost of Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D with 7500GB HDD and GT540M GPU is costing me 38k n Dell 15r with same i5 , 500GB HDD and GT 525M is costing around 46k. Any idea why the huge diff of Rs.8000 for similar config? Is the service and notebook quality of dell better than Asus ?? :confused:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The cost of Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D with 7500GB HDD and GT540M GPU is costing me 38k n Dell 15r with same i5 , 500GB HDD and GT 525M is costing around 46k. Any idea why the huge diff of Rs.8000 for similar config? Is the service and notebook quality of dell better than Asus ?? :confused:

I guess you get only DOS with the asus one...

amishrit

Yeah it comes with DOS ... OS is not a issue . i can install it :wink: .... My main concern is not the price , its abt the service of asus . As i already have a Dell mini NB and i have recieved a good service frm dell but i have no idea abt asus. so any inputs on the build quality and after sale service of asus would be appreciated . thx:)

amishrit

Jus spoke to dell sales rep who is also a friend of my friend :wink: . Go thte rep to configure 15r with i5 , 4gb rab , 500gb hdd , gt525M 1G GPU .
the original price is 47k+ 5% vat tax = 49k . This is the config The Dell Online Store: Build Your System . She escalated my case to her manager and got a discount n reduced the price to 43K inclusive of all taxes. Would it be a good bargain ?????????

amishrit

yeah ........ the xps is 55k+taxes = 57k and after the discount , its coming to 52K inc of taxes which still overshooting my budget.:shock:

Top Bottom