All laptop related queries here!!!

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I have experience with my friend's N-100. Win 7 ultimate runs fine. i installed it using a bootable pen drive (better and recommended over installing through a PC). But the small screen size will cause discomfort with win 7. So better stick to the default MeeGo or a netbook linux distro like Jolicloud

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I have experience with my friend's N-100. Win 7 ultimate runs fine. i installed it using a bootable pen drive (better and recommended over installing through a PC). But the small screen size will cause discomfort with win 7. So better stick to the default MeeGo or a netbook linux distro like Jolicloud

Its for my cousin.. She's 12 so i thought it would be better to go for windows..

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^Yep, i checked online feedback thread which had positive feedback for shopping.indiatimes.com. So took the leap..

SID91

Right off the assembly line
HI GUYZ:mrgreen:.. I AM PLANNING TO BUY A LAPTOP WITH IN A MONTH OR SO.. AND I'AM CONFUSED IN
HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx
AND:-?
XPS 15 L502X
MAINLY BECAUSE OF THERE DIFF GPU'S.
I AM NOT THAT MUCH OF A GAMER BUT WLL BE DOING DEVELOPMENT WORK.. LIKE IN AUTODESK MAYA, ADOBE AFTEREFFECTS & PHOTOSHOP.
AND IF THERE IS ANYOTHER MODEL THEN PLEASE SUGGEST. MY BUDGET IS NOT MORE THAN 58K

YAR.. AMD 6770 M 2GB DDR5(DV6) IS MORE POWERFUL THAN NVIDEA 540 M 2 GB DDR 3(XP15) IN GAMING.. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WORK.. WILL IT RUN APPLICATIONS MAYA,AE etcSMOOTHLY?? PLEASE HELP..

swooosh32

Broken In
HI GUYZ:mrgreen:.. I AM PLANNING TO BUY A LAPTOP WITH IN A MONTH OR SO.. AND I'AM CONFUSED IN
HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx
AND:-?
XPS 15 L502X
MAINLY BECAUSE OF THERE DIFF GPU'S.
I AM NOT THAT MUCH OF A GAMER BUT WLL BE DOING DEVELOPMENT WORK.. LIKE IN AUTODESK MAYA, ADOBE AFTEREFFECTS & PHOTOSHOP.
AND IF THERE IS ANYOTHER MODEL THEN PLEASE SUGGEST. MY BUDGET IS NOT MORE THAN 58K

YAR.. AMD 6770 M 2GB DDR5(DV6) IS MORE POWERFUL THAN NVIDEA 540 M 2 GB DDR 3(XP15) IN GAMING.. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WORK.. WILL IT RUN APPLICATIONS MAYA,AE etcSMOOTHLY?? PLEASE HELP..

I have the 6165 and I'm running 3Ds Max, Sketchup and Photoshop at the same time and have no problem. The viewports are very quick and the only time I really found it to be slow was while using V-Ray for Sketchup when it slowed down a lot. Maya seems to run fine as well, again quite smooth. The display could have ideally been a 1920x1080 resolution, but I can always connect it to a larger display both at home and work to get more screen space. I've been told that using Nvidia CUDA GPU's help for 3Ds Max but because my company preferred me to use HP I ended up buying the 6165, but so far can't notice any problems with it and like I said most softwares are running very smoothly.

Never used After Effects so can't comment on it.

SID91

OKIE:mrgreen:..
At what price you got dv6(65TX)??

AND THERE ARE OTHER
TWO OPTIONS.. ONE DV6(21TX) WITH I7 2630QM 2GHZ WITH 650 HDD(PRICED AT 54250) AND OTHER DV6(65TX) WITH I7 2670QM 2.2GHZ WITH 750HDD(PRICED AT 57100).

OTHER SPECS ARE SAME.. WHICH ONE'LL BE THE BETTER.. I DONT NEED THE ADDITIONAL 100 GB.. BUT.. ARE EXTRA 3000 WORTH SPENDING ON THAT I7:neutral:

AND IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN GET A STUDENT DISCOUNT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ MoD Note : While Posting avoid posting the whole post in Capital Letters.

Welcome to TDF and enjoy your stay ;-)

divya30592

I can't decide between:

Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D Laptop

DOS / 2nd Generation Core i5 / 4 GB DDR3 / 15.6 Inch / 750 GB/ 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Rs. 38592 (on flipkart)

Lenovo G570 43348PU

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel Core i5/ 4GB DDR3/ 15.6"/ 750GB/Integrated Intel® HD 3000 Graphics
Rs. 38,990.00 (on ebay)

Dell Inspiron 15R
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)/ 2nd Generation Core i5 / 4 GB DDR3 / 15.6 Inch / 640 GB/ Integrated Intel® HD 3000
Rs. 39,990 (on ebay)

Help!!

parthoc

Can someone please suggest a laptop under 1lac, having at least 64GB SSD hard disk (for Windows 7 OS) alongwith options for adding on another HDD (like with HP laptops which come with optical bay HDD).

Any options with dual hdd (heard HP DV7 series has them, but not available in India)

Tried to configure with Dell, but it seems they do not come with additional second HDD.

aroraanant

Explorer
I can't decide between:

Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D Laptop

DOS / 2nd Generation Core i5 / 4 GB DDR3 / 15.6 Inch / 750 GB/ 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Rs. 38592 (on flipkart)

Lenovo G570 43348PU

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel Core i5/ 4GB DDR3/ 15.6"/ 750GB/Integrated Intel® HD 3000 Graphics
Rs. 38,990.00 (on ebay)

Dell Inspiron 15R
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)/ 2nd Generation Core i5 / 4 GB DDR3 / 15.6 Inch / 640 GB/ Integrated Intel® HD 3000
Rs. 39,990 (on ebay)

Help!!

Go for Asus, it has the best specs and very good build quality and in local market you can get at a less price if you are good at bargaining

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Can someone please suggest a laptop under 1lac, having at least 64GB SSD hard disk (for Windows 7 OS) alongwith options for adding on another HDD (like with HP laptops which come with optical bay HDD).

Any options with dual hdd (heard HP DV7 series has them, but not available in India)

Tried to configure with Dell, but it seems they do not come with additional second HDD.

Please post or budget, or even better. Make your own thread.
dont forget to fill this- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...ionnaire-laptop-netbook-purchase-queries.html

vish2703007

I want help for buying a laptop from USA i will pay to someone who will bring the laptop here in India from USA...
Please help someone....
Sorry if i did mistake....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cilus

laborare est orare
vish2703007, don't post your private information like Phone number or Email Address in a public forum. So I've removed it. If anybody is willing to help you then He/She will send you Private Message.

vish2703007

vish2703007, don't post your private information like Phone number or Email Address in a public forum. So I've removed it. If anybody is willing to help you then He/She will send you Private Message.

Hey thanks Cilus bro !!!
Thanks for telling the rule !!!
Please anyone help me....
As the offers would go off !!

Top Bottom