All laptop related queries here!!!

hi buddies please help me out choosing the right laptop my budget is 50000-55000 tell me which is the best value for money,i hav 4 options they are:-

ACER TravelMate 4021 NWLCi
1.intel centrino M725(1.6GHz,2MB cache,400MHz fsb)
2.intel 915GM chipset
3.256MB DDR2 533MHz ram
4.60GB ATA 100 HDD
5.15.4 WXGA with 1280X800 screen
6.DVD/CDRW Combo drive
7.3USB 2.0ports,Ext VGA port,modem,lan,wi fi
8.Linux
45000/- including all taxes

COMPAQ M2201TU
1.intel centrino 725a(1.6GHz),2MB cache,400MHz fsb
2.256MB DDR 333MHz ram
3.intel 915GM chipset
4.40GB sata HDD
5.15'' TFT 1024X768 XGA screen
6.Altec lansing speakers 2watts RMS
7.CD-RW/DVD Combo drive
8.3 usb 2.0 ports,modem,1 IEEE 1394 port,
9.Linux
49000/- including all taxes

COMPAQ 2224AP
1.intel centrino 725a(1.6GHz),2MB cache,400MHz fsb
2.256MB DDR 333MHz ram
3.intel 915GM chipset
4.40GB sata HDD
5.15'' TFT 1024X768 XGA screen
7.CD-RW/DVD Combo drive
8.3 usb 2.0 ports,modem,1 IEEE 1394 port,802.11b/g,bluetooth.
9.Windows XP Home SP2a
53000/- including all taxes

Compaq V4118AP
1.intel centrino M740(1.73GHz),2mb cache,533MHz fsb
2.60GB ultra ATA
3.256MB DDR 333MHz ram
4.15.4 widescreen TFT 1280X800 WXGA,brightview screen
5.intel 915 chipset
7.8X DOUBLE Layer(8.5GB) DVD-RW
8.3 usb 2.0 ports,modem,1 IEEE 1394 port,802.11b/g,bluetooth,intel Pro/wireless 2200BG Network.
9.Windows XP Home SP2a
57200/- including all taxes

:arrow: my basic requirment are some office use,music,movies,games,mobility.and which of these hav the best battery backup?
:arrow: please friends help me on this i am very much confused.any other suggestion will be fantastic.suggest the best from above or from your side as soon as you can because day after tomorow i mite buy one.thanks

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
If gaming is on your list, go for LG LW60 Express. It has ATI X700
graphics card, as opposed to the underpowered onboard Intel chips
found on most laptops, including the ones you've listed here.

Go ThinkPad for quality, service and longetivity.

i have asked for the price of most of the IBM laptop but they all are above 55000 and as i said my budget is 50000-55000 at maximum so its out of my reach if there is any ibm laptop within 50000 then plz tell me the model number and with its configuration.same is the case with LG its above 60000 so just cant buy that.
:arrow: by the way which you think is the best out of those 4 laptop about which i wrote in my last post.
:arrow: do tell me about ur own suggestion which is not included in my list but please at the same time everyone do tell me which one is the best according to u people which is in my list.
thanks

goobimama

 Macboy
All I can say is stay away from Compaq as they are very low quality. Even that iBall one is horrible in quality. Wont last you more than 2 years.

IBM has a laptop for 45k or something...(or was it 35k?). By IBM, you mean, Lenovo ThinkPad right?

Also, have you given any thought for the apple iBook? the 12 inch one costs 60k...But I got a 14 inch for the same price, it was on offer.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well eva i m buying a nu lappy,earlier it was decided that i'll buy it on 10 nov dat means today but still cant decide,but all the lappy which was on my list r available so the time i decide i'll get it widin 2-3 hours.
eva i gave a serious thought on COMPAQ4118AP but as few r sayin dat now a dayz compaq's quality isnt that gud so i m in a bit confused so takin more time to decide.
:arrow: as far as VFM is concerned ACER4021 look the best as far as i can c but der is a big question mark wen it comes to acer bout its quality,performce,after sales service,battery backup,and all the hardware used.so eva i really wanna know howz dis ACER brand???and this particular model has juz got 4cells so i guess der wont b much of a battery backup,may b for an hour or 2 at MAX.
:arrow: IBM was really gud that i kno untill a chinese company(lenovo) takeover,rite now i dunno if the quality,performance and fit and finish is same.

well guyz i dont have much idea bout laptops so if i wrote sumthin wrong then plz forgive me.
and yea plz help me too as even i wanna decent lappy and i m not able to decide need ur suggestions urgently.thanx

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Plz ans my queries:

1. Does Turion , Semperon and Celeron doesnt support wi fi ?

2. Whats the minimum price of wi fi laptop ?

TIA
Sumit

Sourabh

Laptoping
Notebook with any of those can support wifi. Its just that Intel for its mobile solutions chosed to promote Centrino platform with Pentium M processors and Wi-fi. May be thats why you feel that these processors wont be supporting wi-fi.

All notebooks with Pentium M processors would have wi-fi. Moreover, even if you dont have wifi, you can add a PCMCIA wifi card to any notebook and get the work done.

TIA?

nphanindra

Broken In
Aniruddh said:
well eva i m buying a nu lappy,earlier it was decided that i'll buy it on 10 nov dat means today but still cant decide,but all the lappy which was on my list r available so the time i decide i'll get it widin 2-3 hours.
eva i gave a serious thought on COMPAQ4118AP but as few r sayin dat now a dayz compaq's quality isnt that gud so i m in a bit confused so takin more time to decide.
:arrow: IBM was really gud that i kno untill a chinese company(lenovo) takeover,rite now i dunno if the quality,performance and fit and finish is same.

and yea plz help me too as even i wanna decent lappy and i m not able to decide need ur suggestions urgently.thanx

I bought (for my sis) a Compaq Presario V2356AP (EH101PA) in Visakhapatnam costing 47k with Sony Mouse......can hav a look frm here
*h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/in_en/11_29_64_2892_EH101PA.html

It was a decent one and better than THINKPAD in many aspects like weight, widescreen, bluetooth etc......that was my impression :roll:
Battery ran for 4:20Hrs after being charged full.

ask me if want more info
~cheers

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
4:20 hours?? wow!!! thats a hell lot of backup!! me has a p4 2.8ghz, 15.1" xga and normal stuff and my battery backup has been never more than 1.5 hours!!!!

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
4:20 hour of battery backup?huh thats awesome.by the way for how much did u get tht laptop?and can u give the detailed configuration plzzz.

nphanindra

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
4:20 hours?? wow!!! thats a hell lot of backup!! me has a p4 2.8ghz, 15.1" xga and normal stuff and my battery backup has been never more than 1.5 hours!!!!
P 4 sucks..... almost outdated......use Pentium or AMD turion mobile tech for notebooks.

Aniruddh said:
4:20 hour of battery backup?huh thats awesome.by the way for how much did u get tht laptop?and can u give the detailed configuration plzzz.
dude see the link for detailed config.....ya it was 4hr20mins while running M$powerpoint and winamp. Lappyz cost was 47900 precisely

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nah dude, P4 doesn't suck...it may be a battery hogger but the performace i get...me pretty satisfied...gives me an overall FSB of 533mhz.

nphanindra

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
nah dude, P4 doesn't suck...it may be a battery hogger but the performace i get...me pretty satisfied...gives me an overall FSB of 533mhz.

Good for you......if u want performance better get a top-end desktop for the same price instead of a lappy.
Donno the weight of ur lappy, but it shudnt be a burden to carry :D

goobimama

 Macboy
I got 5 hours and 38 minutes on my iBook G4...During which I played a DVD and also worked on Apple iWork:pages....

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
guys i have a advent laptop which i got from uk.
its a Pentium M processor 1.6gig
15 inch
256 ddr
60 gigi hdd
dvd rw
wifi....usb..ieee...ir...and many such regular featuers
i have attacehd usb mouse and keyboard at my home for comfort

now..i use to play winamp in it for hours
and sometimes even watch movies
but for otherwise i work in my lappie from morn 9 to night 9
it is on for almost 15 hours a day
will it affect my hard disk?
or if i play from dvd mp3..will if affect the life of dvd drive..??

i regularly discharge and recharge

super_ferrari

Broken In
I have a budget of around 60,000 so plz recommend a good laptop and I am going to purchase it in Pune. Preferrably Acer.

I am considering this one:

Acer TM4601 NWLCi

ntel ® Centrino® 1.60
256 MB DDR Ram
60 GB Hard Disk
15.4� TFT
Ati Radeon Graphic card 64 MB
DVD Multi Burner
Lan + Modem
Wi-Fi
Infra Red /BlueTooth
Os Linux
Stereo Speakers
1 Yr Warranty
Weight 2.7 kg
Battery : 2.5 Hrs

or what about this:

Dell Inspiron 6000

Intel Centrino® M 1.6
512 MB DDR2 SDRam
60 GB Hard Disk
15.4" SXGA
Ati Radeon 64 mb Graphic Card
DVD Writer
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Win XP Home
1 yr Warranty
Weight : 2.36 kg
Battery : 3.0 Hrs

thank you

Regards.

goobimama

 Macboy
@gatuk: the pentium M laptops are very efficient at controlling heat and other such issues related to leaving the laptop on for long hours. Also, the batteries are not affected by frequent discharging and recharging.

Many vendors recommend that you turn off your laptop only if for long hours. otherwise, sleep mode is the best.

If you are worried about dvd drive life, then use a software which copies files to your hdd and then reads them (there are some which do this in real time, I don't know the name).

goobimama

 Macboy
@super: don't go in for the acer. The dell is a much superior brand when it comes to laptops. The build quality is not so good of the acer (at least the one I saw).

before i get flamed, sorry for the double post.

sumitava_b

In the zone
super_ferrari said:
Dell Inspiron 6000

Intel Centrino® M 1.6
512 MB DDR2 SDRam
60 GB Hard Disk
15.4" SXGA
Ati Radeon 64 mb Graphic Card
DVD Writer
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
Win XP Home
1 yr Warranty
Weight : 2.36 kg
Battery : 3.0 Hrs

thank you

Regards.

@super_ferrari: I doubt that the above config u will get at 60K. The default config of Inspi6000 is having far less features that u have mentioned and it is already tagged at 53K which is before VAT. After adding VAT and delivery charges it will cross 55K.

And here u r asking for an extra graphic card, DVD writer and bluetoth, at least. Personally I owned a inspi6000 too and it has a slightly better config than urs. Apart from urs, I got 80 GB HDD, 128 MB graphics card, leather bag etc. It cost me around 80K including all four months back. Things have changed a lot after that. But no so to touch 60K, I think. Just check ur source.

Anyway, for suggestion, inspi6000 is the best deal that u can get at not-so-high budget. I am very happy with its built and performance. And believe me its look will make others envy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Top Bottom