All laptop related queries here!!!

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
hi guys
need ur expert views.
planning to buy a Acer Laptop Model Aspire 3003NWLMi
confign as below
Mobile AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.8 GHz with AMD Hyper Transport Tech.)
SiSM760GX chipset
802.11 b/g wireless LAN
256 MB DDR333 RAM
60 GB ATA 100
39.1 cm TFT 1280 x 800
DVD Dual layer drive
56K modem
2.25 hrs battery
3 USB ports
all for 38000/- here in raipur 0 % intrest
is it worth it?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Acer laptops r less expensive but they have no style or class. Acer laptops give u lots of features but the build quality, looks, performance, display, etc. is not as gud as compared to other sys. like HP, compaq, dell, etc.

If ur budget is arnd 40k then buy a new model of compaq which has almost the same features as that of Acer except that it does not have DVD writer

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
i live in raipur...i wont suggest u Acer nor Compaq..bcoz they lack built quality,after sales service..espcially here in raipur..instead check out ibm(lenevo),HP,Dell...they r quite decent...and much better then Acer,Compaq.but mite b lilbit more expensive...but still they r worth it.bcoz they hav quality products.

amit_k_gusani

Right off the assembly line
hi guys i'm amit 4rm jamnagar,i'm planning to buy a lappy for that i was surfing the net & came across the digit forum.my budget is 35k i'm going to use it for online trading and graphics works that is editing photos and videos i found compaq m2512 AU with amd sempron will be okay?right now i dont have more budget i can expand ram only if necessary.guys help out,i wish to buy a lappy by next week

abracadabra

Journeyman
Compaq armada 1571

i wuld llike to what is the key combination for COMAPQ ARMADA 1571 laptop for to access the BIOS.

I have tried DEL , F2, Fn + F8, Fn+ F10.

No luck any others plz...

im aware its a double post

reddick

Mobile Freak
Which one to go for : LG or ZENITH?

I wana Laptop of "LG" or "Zenith" company.I'm frm town in Punjab n only these two brands r there in Laptops.So i have to choose between these two only :( I wana Laptop having GOOD config n i prefer watching movies n surfing net on it.Also playing mid-range games too :) Please tell me which one to go for n wht is it's cost...My budget is around 35K.

bukaida

In the zone
I have bought a LENOVO 3000 C 100 this month and is very much satisfied
with it's performence. It has a 15" screen and 256DDR2. processor is 1.5Ghz celeron and Intel 915GM motherboard.A combo drive 802.11b/g, RJ45,RJ11(Modem),Card reader, PCMCIA ,Firewire and Bluetooth and a 8cell battery(4-5hrs backup time)and also four USB2 ports. The keyboard has windows key also.All of these backed by
the brand IBM @33,500(Kolkata price).I think you can give it a try.

ps. My broadband router is wireless and doing gr8 with my 802.11b/g.

Last edited:

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
hi guys finally settlesd down with HP Pavilion DV 1000 for 54000/-
but the problem is that if u click on the above link it tells that u'll get a Wi Fi Card Rs. 6500/- for free. but now when i have registered the product there is no such thing. can someone help me.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
but the problem is that if u click on the below link it tells that u'll get a Wi Fi Card Rs. 6500/- for free. but now when i have registered the product there is no such thing. can someone help me.
*cgi.ebay.in/HP-PAVILION-DV1615TS-L...6886299160QQcategoryZ3711QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sourabh

Laptoping
Hey did ya pay for it? Coz frankly 54k for a centrino laptop is a bit too high. You can easily get a Core Duo powered laptop from Dell, Lenovo and HP. So if you havent made the payment think about your choice again. There are many other options worth looking at.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
" Hey did ya pay for it? Coz frankly 54k for a centrino laptop is a bit too high. You can easily get a Core Duo powered laptop from Dell, Lenovo and HP. So if you havent made the payment think about your choice again. There are many other options worth looking at."

sorry yaar bought the laptop day before yesterday. any way thanx for the noble advice.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hey Guys PLEASE HELP ME...I'm waiting for ur reply since 4 days but no one reply yet.I wana Laptop of only LG or ZENITH brand.My budget is around 35K...THX FOR UR PATIENCE :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
either of them are not so good notebook brands. I doubt that even the celeron notebooks from LG come within 35k. You can get one from ebay India. If not try Dell or Lenovo, they ship it free right to your door steps. You can check out www.lenovo.com/in and www.dell.co.in

I would suggest getting the C100 from Lenovo powered by celeron M, costs 36k shipped.

reddick

Mobile Freak
@Sourabh
I described above that only LG n ZENITH brands r available in my town...So i have to select between these two only.
Secondly,I don't trust on i-shopping like ebay,fabmall,rediff shopping, etc. as they can ship u faulty products n who knows who is d seller in case of warranty,service etc.
I think both brands r good n having high reputation in international market!

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well yea I know that you are from a small town, that is why i recommended a Dell/lenovo shipped option. If your dealer assures of good aftersale support from a service center in ur town or nearest ciry, then go with the LG.

fyoudigit

First timer

Hi,

I'm an Engineering student, and want to buy a laptop for browsing/movies and mid level games (Counterstrike, QIV). My budget is around 35k, but there are so many brands available that I simply can't decide. Please give me your opinion on which ones to buy. Around here, the Compaq Presairo model is very common; How does it compare to the others in its price range?

Thanks a lot!

fyoudigit

Also,I'd be much obliged if you tell me what are the functionalities that will miss in a 35k laptop when compared to a desktop pc I will get for 35 k.

Thanks again!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Mangal Pandey said:
but the problem is that if u click on the above link it tells that u'll get a Wi Fi Card Rs. 6500/- for free. but now when i have registered the product there is no such thing. can someone help me.

HP-Compaq ppl r very lethargic and unsure about the free products they offer with their product. I have faced this problem twice... The only solution u have is to constantly mail and call them (of course toll free no.) and nag them about ur free gift. Unless u do so u will not receive ur gift. I had received my Discman after 6 months (!!!) and Worldspace after 4 months...