Alan Wake for PC

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Played it for an hour. The game's presentation is phenomenal. Lightning effects look terrific. Sound effects are equally good. Gameplay is completely new. Took me a while to get used to it. And the frames are pretty smooth.. no lag whatsoever.

^ Scared $hitless in the woods......checked :p

you don't say :razz:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not night ? Are you scared ? :D:p

nope ;-) may be it's because I play Left4Dead 2 a lot - actually playing games like darksector, Afterfall Insanity, SH2/3/4 and many other scary FPS games made me fearless.

completed the first chapter but the run through the woods was not enough to scare me and killing those ghost was pretty easy - just aim for the head - 2/4 pistol shots is enough to send them in heaven and it felt really great to listen to the In dreams by Roy Orbison - one of my all time favorite ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
nope ;-) may be it's because I play Left4Dead 2 a lot - actually playing games like darksector, Afterfall Insanity, SH2/3/4 and many other scary FPS games made me fearless.

completed the first chapter but the run through the woods was not enough to scare me and killing those ghost was pretty easy - just aim for the head - 2/4 pistol shots is enough to send them in heaven and it felt really great to listen to the In dreams by Roy Orbison - one of my all time favorite ;-)
2nd chapter is where the spooky environment begins, I am going paranoid, hearing footsteps everywhere.

revolt

Banned
completed this game(i get time to play in the night only). I would say not at all scary. Infact i would say f.e.a.r more scary than this when it was released.Its a psychological game rather than anything horrible.But was a decent game overall.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
2nd chapter is where the spooky environment begins, I am going paranoid, hearing footsteps everywhere.

currently on 2nd episode but rather than those giant sized monster their minions are pretty easy to handle but guns with no pointer is bit tough to handle ( though the flash light is there ) and the battery power is really low but the realistic feeling is great but it's not scary IMO - just played it a little while ago ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
currently on 2nd episode but rather than those giant sized monster their minions are pretty easy to handle but guns with no pointer is bit tough to handle ( though the flash light is there ) and the battery power is really low but the realistic feeling is great but it's not scary IMO - just played it a little while ago ;-)
I felt jumpy when I played it, with footsteps and rumbling all over :razz:

D

Deleted member 26636

Its not that scary but there's a great feeling of loneliness & depression all around. Overall, i loved the atmosphere. I couldn't play the game alone for more than an hour after midnight as it gave me some very bad feelings.. :| :-(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
playing it on midnight ;-) now on ep. 3 - will climb the rail bridge up ahead and the flash bangs are a real life saver and probably most powerful weapon so far.

Top Bottom