Alan Wake for PC

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin is the aiming with light matches with resident evil5 laser aim??
Sort of, but you can aim while moving and dodging, and it feels a lot more flexible, but clearly the aiming system was designed for controllers.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^And does it support controllers??
Yup, its a MS game after all.

Ok guys, pics below:

*i.imgur.com/dPmTF.jpg

The light boost mode to wear out enemies faster:
*i.imgur.com/kQVly.jpg

Game is difficult enough on its own, taking screenshots I died a lot:
*i.imgur.com/JG60x.jpg

Just executed a Taken behind the bush:
*i.imgur.com/1kHIQ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VEp1S.jpg

One more taken falls:
*i.imgur.com/Ih34O.jpg

Light, to save a life:
*i.imgur.com/EUdXX.jpg

Update to my review a few post above:

Environment: Ok guys, alan wake has the best in game scary environment, period, I was playing alan wake with my PL30 IEMs and by gawd I was scared $hitless, the ambient music is awesome and scary, in its own way, this game is actually scarier than Dead Space cause DS is set on a sci fi setting, but alan wake feels 100% real, it feels as if you are truly lost in the woods(the trees are beautifully done) and there is something or someone watching you, tailing you, this is something that I had never experienced in a game before, you know that tingly feeling we feel when we are in the dark and feel as if someone is watching us, alan wake feels just that, dead space did not have this mood in it(just surprise moments), you'll be always on your toes while playing this.

Tonight while taking the screenshots I was playing the game, with lights turned off, and with PL30 that blocked pretty much all sounds(from the PC), and I really felt immersed in the game, I actually felt relieved when enemies attacked me cause I know I am being attacked and nothing worse can happen, but when I am wondering the woods that's when I feel tensed, not knowing what might happen next, enemies pretty much jump from the shadows and they move fast. the lighting is also done realistically.

This game is a must play for all, with this I upgrade my Alan Wake review score to:
9.5/10

So go ahead, immerse yourself in Alan wake and for the love of gawd DO NOT play this game during the day, play it during the night with lights turned off and headphones.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ thanks for the nice little review ;-) you are playing this with KB+Mouse, right ?
yup, no matter how much I try mouse has spoiled me, I can't use a controller for anything but racing games, if consoles supported mouse by default I'd buy them in a heartbeat(not third party emulation).

tkin

Back to school!!
nice review,

BTW will it run fine on 6630m??
I'm probably not the right person to answer this question.

Requirements:
AMD: ATI Radeon 3650, 4450, 5550, 6450 or higher (per series)
NVIDIA: GeForce 8600GT, 9500GT, GT120, GT430, GT520 (per series)

Alan Wake PC: 14 AMD- und Nvidia-Grafikkarten im Benchmark-Test [Test des Tages] - alan wake, remedy

Give it a shot, nothing to lose, but don't buy it, try to get a "special demo" :wink: first.

Thanks tkin , nice screenies and review . I'll play it on 7th March.:-(
Its a beauty to play alan wake.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
6630m is equivalent to HD5570 ( performance wise ) - so this can be playable on 6630m though with lowered details and resolution.

quan chi

mortal kombat
played this game for few mins.Silent Hill fans rejoice.It seems Silent Hill 2 feeling is back.
Btw the game looks downright gorgeous.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Got my GPU upgrade. Time to boot the game up. Will start playing it from tonight.

Does this game require a typical horror game surroundings? Like, playing in the nights, with headphones on and lights off?