Alan Wake for PC

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here comes the launch trailer for PC:-

[YOUTUBE]iz7HhSzvuak[/YOUTUBE]

gameranand

Living to Play
Really good trailer. Scary and all. Hope its ported right on pc. And no one answered me about my last question ?? On which platform it looks better Xbox or PC ??

Alok

Adventurer
^^PC version is better.
*www.gamepur.com/files/imagepicker/6/alan-wake-pc-xbox-360-comparison-teaser.jpg

OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
It has leaked on the internet. Strange even though the retail version will land in March & the digital version will release at midnight.

revolt

Banned
Its f*cking awesome! just got a hold of this one.Already completed one episode.will post more later.:D
Though i am getting few bugs or hiccups (maybe due to the SLI settings) But it good.

Alok

Adventurer
^^I can't play as i'm in collage. PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS in respective thread.

Here Xbox360 vs PC screens

Alan Wake screenshot comparison: 360 vs. PC | PC Gamer

OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
Those who are planning to buy online should goto greenmangaming.com cos they are selling the game at 33% discount. So the collectors edition will come down from $34 to $23.45. The voucher is available on the home page.

mitraark

Decrepit
World Texture , Smoke and Light Effects , excellent. Texture of people , a bit old but still , good. Story is supposed to be scary but seemed funny in Ep1. Good Game but don't have too high expectations though.

tkin

Back to school!!
My Alan Wake mini review(Pics coming later):

Story: Alan wake starts off with a loosely knit story, there are plenty of story videos to accompany the gameplay, but the main mystery has not been solved yet(upto the point that I had played so far), the origin of the zombies had not yet been explained in anyway, but overall its a unique story.

Graphics: Simply jaw dropping, textures are high res, lighting is the best I had seen in any game, specially in night time, water quality is very nice too, the game looks very sharp and runs flawlessly on my setup, I had experienced only one crash till now, character models could use a bit more detail though.

Gameplay: This is what separates alan wake from the rest of the games, first of all this is a Third Person Shooter, but does not have crosshair or iron sights, you have to aim using the torch light, which is a bit troublesome, but auto aim takes care of that, as much as I hate auto aim, its there in this game, and its actually needed. Second issue with the camera, you will keep moving to the left slowly if you move forward straight, you have to compensate for it, which can be a bit troublesome, there is significant delay in camera movement, which I believe was intentional, but overall gameplay is good and unique.
The dodge system is shaky, hard to pull off most of the time.

Sound: Voice acting is superb, so are the environmental sounds, feel the environment coming alive.

Verdict: Overall Alan Wake does not appear to be a console port but appear as a very well designed PC game, with its unique story and gameplay its stands above the rest.

8.5/10 From me. Scroll below for score update and extended review.

Last edited: