Airtel 4G plans and tariff - a big JOKE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Craptel.. They even have increased 3G tarrif due to launch of 4G. What the are they thinking?? Hiking 3G prices so that more users opt for 4G ??

Last edited:
OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
What an joke craptel.:lol:

Who will use such plans? :banghead:

Craptel, that is the word.

Today I saw their shitty 4G advt. , yes they got the speed but its like you have got the world's best food at your table but your stomach is seriously upset :p

- - - Updated - - -

Name the network service provider.
Just a local guy, acting as sub franchise of tikona.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
craptel, that is the word.

Today i saw their shitty 4g advt. , yes they got the speed but its like you have got the world's best food at your table but your stomach is seriously upset :p

- - - updated - - -

just a local guy, acting as sub franchise of tikona.
beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ I pay less than Rs 20/GB on my broadband connection when I use it lightly. On heavy use, it comes to less than Rs 10/GB. Satisfied with the plan itself. So f**k Airtel unless their "4G/3G" data rates come down to Rs 30/GB and this is after generous consideration.

ankushv

Journeyman
Mtnl 3g Mumbai @1249 for 1 year @900mb/month .
Local cable guy @3000/month for 1mbps truly unlimited .
Tata DoCoMo 2g@66/month
I use the above 3 in mumbai .
I wanted to shift to airtel 4 g on my redmi note 4g but @300/month it's too expensive for my needs .
BTW do airtel and reliance plan to use voice over lte (voLTE) or switch to 3g to make calls ? Any idea ?

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
[MENTION=278978]ankushv[/MENTION] at the moment they 4G is used only for data, for calls it switches to 3g/2g

Happy with 1400 per month and 20mbps down/10 mbps up with usage around the 1000 gB mark each month.

Cost per GB = ~1.4in

I tested airtel 4g thrice on two different devices, only to burn the entire 49inr pack and get **** speeds and **** pings.
Nexus 5 : 5.6mbps/1.84mbps 37ms pingRedmi Note 4g: 5.75mbps/1.05mbps 55ms ping

Closer to Airtel tower, the speed went up to 13ish mbps down, which IMO is HSPA region. So nothing special at least here in Delhi NCR.

Last edited:
OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Happy with 1400 per month and 20mbps down/10 mbps up with usage around the 1000 gB mark each month.

Cost per GB = ~1.4in

Using 1TB each month for Rs. 1.4 K.. cool.. what ISP ?

[/B]I tested airtel 4g thrice on two different devices, only to burn the entire 49inr pack and get **** speeds and **** pings.
Nexus 5 : 5.6mbps/1.84mbps 37ms ping
Redmi Note 4g: 5.75mbps/1.05mbps 55ms ping

Closer to Airtel tower, the speed went up to 13ish mbps down, which IMO is HSPA region. So nothing special at least here in Delhi NCR.

So far, all signs are of impractical 4G from airtel aka craptel.

80% of that usage is on YouTube for songs (the damn thing auto select 1080p even when playing in background).
I dont think I can ever imagine that on Airtel 4G, for me the best 3G is BSNL (Kanpur) providing consistent speeds around 1.4mBps for not-so-rip-off-rates.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I manage to convince myself to use 1 gb plan of 3G rates to Craptel, only after I found a broadband connection of 4mbps at only Rs 740. Feels heaven on Excitel.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
80% of that usage is on YouTube for songs (the damn thing auto select 1080p even when playing in background).
I dont think I can ever imagine that on Airtel 4G, for me the best 3G is BSNL (Kanpur) providing consistent speeds around 1.4mBps for not-so-rip-off-rates.

You can set it any settings you want in youtube , login to youtube and visit following URL :
*www.youtube.com/account_playback

Now select I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video

After this , play your video at desired resolution and it will remember it next time.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The New Airtel Challenge
Fastest 4G in India

Guys lets find a network which is faster than Airtel 4G and get lifetime billing FREE :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom