Airtel 4G plans and tariff - a big JOKE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The New Airtel Challenge
Fastest 4G in India

Guys lets find a network which is faster than Airtel 4G and get lifetime billing FREE :mrgreen:

Let me setup a wifi router in college's lan just for one day. :twisted:

That would be at least 2x faster than craptel's "4G" at 3G rates (and speeds)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I got 5mbps down and 1.2mbps up with airtel 4g where voda 3g does easy 6-8mbps down, will that qualify?
Obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they are challenging the Mobile Network 4G and not cable fiber broadband such as Beam etc.
Can we challenge them by mentioning operators from other countries (even though I don't use them)? :twisted:

South Korea and/or Japan may have the best 4G speeds I guess.

So, how do I go about it?

Speedtest.net on both phones (Redmi note 4g for Airtel 4g and Nexus 5 for voda 3g) with both the test servers as Airtel Delhi and record the video?

The airtel 4g does like 4-5mbps down while voda 3g (HSPA+) does 6-8+ mbps.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So, how do I go about it?

Speedtest.net on both phones (Redmi note 4g for Airtel 4g and Nexus 5 for voda 3g) with both the test servers as Airtel Delhi and record the video?

The airtel 4g does like 4-5mbps down while voda 3g (HSPA+) does 6-8+ mbps.

I think you should use same phone for both tests. And make a public blog/post/facebook update/tweet tagging airtel.

2 phones side by side for simultaneous demo would be better I think, then I could do the tests on the same phone if that is needed.

I did share my 4g experience with airtel (*twitter.com/airtel_presence) and they didn't reply me at all.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
2 phones side by side for simultaneous demo would be better I think, then I could do the tests on the same phone if that is needed.

I did share my 4g experience with airtel (*twitter.com/airtel_presence) and they didn't reply me at all.

Upload a Video on Youtube and link it to FB & Twitter & Instagram etc.

Download a good large size file with a timer clock and show the video just like Airtel did in the Challenge Ad.

That's just too much. I already shared speedtest.net screenshots+lte discovery signal strength screenshots. Compared with Vodafone 3g. Yet they don't care to reply. Airtel has to be the shittiest operator ever, even if they pay me to use it for the rest of my lifetime for free, I am not going to use it. :X

Die in hell Airtel.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, two speedtest.net tests burn an entire 49inr pack.

PS: I am so paranoid because call drop in my region on Airtel is epic. Barely 1 out of 3 calls actually connect and both parties can faintly listen to each other if lucky.

My friend missed his office cab because of this and had to go all the way (24km) in public transport in pouring rain.

Yeah, both of us will go the MNP route.
Time is a bit of a factor.
And MNP kills the current number for a day (not sure but every employee in the telco store says so) and that is something we can't afford. Probably, today will be the day as Sunday black out is fine.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, both of us will go the MNP route.
Time is a bit of a factor.
And MNP kills the current number for a day (not sure but every employee in the telco store says so) and that is something we can't afford. Probably, today will be the day as Sunday black out is fine.

My MNP experience was like that some friend complained my number is not reachable, I inserted new SIM and done, so I missed around 1 hour of call.. may be you can use dual sim phone.. so when other sim is activated , you know it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mtnl 3g Mumbai @1249 for 1 year @900mb/month .
Local cable guy @3000/month for 1mbps truly unlimited .
Tata DoCoMo 2g@66/month
I use the above 3 in mumbai .
I wanted to shift to airtel 4 g on my redmi note 4g but @300/month it's too expensive for my needs .
BTW do airtel and reliance plan to use voice over lte (voLTE) or switch to 3g to make calls ? Any idea ?

are you sure ? If it's true it should be another costliest plan I've seen. Anyway, naming airtel as failtel sounds more good to me ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
So many bad reviews.

But my experience has been totally positive with Airtel.

Vodafone is in class of BSNL when it comes to signal strength in my area, data plans are same as airtel but ping is bad vs airtel.

For me is been good, so migrated my phone sim to 4G too :p

Only thing is DoT has to do something about the absurd data plans.

₹255 for 1GB is daylight robbery & these guys are worried about WhatsApp, Skype calls :/

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I think the best plan in terms of value for money is Reliance 999 3G plan which gets you 15gb 3G data for 28 days. Download Speeds can vary anywhere between 50kbps all the way to 1mbps.
All other operators have increased their prices and soon i think Reliance will increase it as well. Greedy telecom companies want more money but service is still **** all the time.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I think the best plan in terms of value for money is Reliance 999 3G plan which gets you 15gb 3G data for 28 days. Download Speeds can vary anywhere between 50kbps all the way to 1mbps.
All other operators have increased their prices and soon i think Reliance will increase it as well. Greedy telecom companies want more money but service is still **** all the time.

Well, then there is MTS with 24GB (12 G night + 12 G ) day at Rs. 999 pm, speed are generally good, reaching 2-3 mbps if you are not in any crammed area.

TATA docomo had 20GB at 999 then later changed to 10 GB at 999, now its 10GB at Rs. 1500, is it that much resource hogging or costly for 3G provider to provide data plans ?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
What happened to that nice 10rs 3g pack that used to give 25mb per day. It seems airtel has withdrawn from *121# and other sites except own website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom