A Distro for Indian Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Don't worry. You are perfectly normal. :p

It was the extreme knowledge of HTML which tallbeing claimed he knows that surprised me. HTML was never my strong point, nor was it the strong point of most of my friends (with the exception of a single HTML guru I know).

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^^ Don't worry. You are perfectly normal. :p

It was the extreme knowledge of HTML which tallbeing claimed he knows that surprised me. HTML was never my strong point, nor was it the strong point of most of my friends (with the exception of a single HTML guru I know).
:lol:

HTML is easy but requires a kind of imagination skill which I too don't have... but yeah I am a good programmer in PHP :D :D

k6153r

Broken In
Or use openwebdesign.org, modify the theme mercilessly (shamelessly), and claim it to be ours.

I stole a piece of code from someone's theme from there, and modified it like hell, and now even the FBI/CBI can't find it.

I too learnt HTML when I was 13, from "Spinning the Web".

And computer teachers in our school would secretly ask me for doubts (just simple ones, but they DID ask me).

Last edited:
Offtopic:I am looking for a good Linux distro for my PC.Arch was too tough.Umm not that much but it hanged during installation.My noobiness I guess.
Vista is P1$$ing me off.What say about Slackware,Zenwalk and Fedora 9?
Should make the most out of the least like arch does,should run KDE4.1 and if possible should be debian based.At last,should be easy.
Thnaks You

@Gautham,Sorry for highjaking your thread:D

Offtopic:I am looking for a good Linux distro for my PC.Arch was too tough.Umm not that much but it hanged during installation.My noobiness I guess.
Vista is P1$$ing me off.What say about Slackware,Zenwalk and Fedora 9?
Should make the most out of the least like arch does,should run KDE4.1 and if possible should be debian based.At last,should be easy.
Thnaks You

@Gautham,Sorry for highjaking your thread:D
I warned you but you never listened. You need basics boy. Slackware and Fedora 9 will both pwn you as much as, if not more than arch. Distros like Arch and Slack are for either highly experienced linux users or for those who are strong at linux fundamentals.

YOU on the other hand need a strong LEARNING path. In such a situation, the only Debian can help you, since you are already familiar with Ubuntu. Do you like gnome, kde or xfce ?

[I think you are the perfect canditate for this distro project I am doing. I am sure you will enjoy this distro if I upload the finished version. You intrested ?]
^Your search might end at openSUSE 11
It won't. He hates OpenSuSE.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I warned you but you never listened. You need basics boy. Slackware and Fedora 9 will both pwn you as much as, if not more than arch. Distros like Arch and Slack are for either highly experienced linux users or for those who are strong at linux fundamentals.

YOU on the other hand need a strong LEARNING path. In such a situation, the only Debian can help you, since you are already familiar with Ubuntu. Do you like gnome, kde or xfce ?

[I think you are the perfect canditate for this distro project I am doing. I am sure you will enjoy this distro if I upload the finished version. You intrested ?]

It won't. He hates OpenSuSE.
plus Fedora 9 too... when I started using Fedora Core 6 I was NULL about Linux :D :D :D

learned all this from experience and experiments :D :D :D

Hatred won't do any good.650MB of 4.3 GB downloaded.Lets see what OpenSuse 11 has to offer.10.3 was to bloated on my 8600 GT,2Gig RAM,Pentium D PC.

I like being insane.Does it have KDE 4.1?I'm downloading the 4.3 gigs DVD.Abhi DL chal raha hai.This is my last spam in this thread.:D

I like being insane.Does it have KDE 4.1?I'm downloading the 4.3 gigs DVD.Abhi DL chal raha hai.This is my last spam in this thread.:D
It has KDE4, not 4.1 I guess. But you can always upgrade. 1MBPS UL hai na :p.

All KDE distros today are quite messed up due to release issues. So you need to do upgrading after installation to get KDE 4.1.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I started out with Fedora 3; about 4 yrs ago. And did almost everything on it except using internet :D . Didnt know how to configure my modem. But am not that bad now.

@MetalheadGautham
How about that PUDLinux? I checked it out today on VM. Its pretty good. And the vast repos available are always a plus. And added to it is Ubuntu usability @ lightening speeds. :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I started out with Fedora 3; about 4 yrs ago. And did almost everything on it except using internet :D . Didnt know how to configure my modem. But am not that bad now.

@MetalheadGautham
How about that PUDLinux? I checked it out today on VM. Its pretty good. And the vast repos available are always a plus. And added to it is Ubuntu usability @ lightening speeds. :)
modem configuration on Linux has always been a issue as most of the internal modems are "winmodems" which are designed to work with Linux's enemy only. For Linux some manufacturers have special series which are compatible with Linux also.

But yeah if you have a external modem then you can easily configure it using serial port (COM 1,2) as [/dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1].

How about BOSS Linux ? BOSS = Bharat Operating System Solutions :D I'm not joking... its there... google for it.

@MetalheadGautham
PUDLinux ??? DAMN. I keep forgetting to download that. :x
Today morning I woke up with something in mind but forgot to download it.
And is it based on ubunut 8.04 or 7.04 ???
Can I get faster opt-get package downloads anywhere ?
modem configuration on Linux has always been a issue as most of the internal modems are "winmodems" which are designed to work with Linux's enemy only. For Linux some manufacturers have special series which are compatible with Linux also.

But yeah if you have a external modem then you can easily configure it using serial port (COM 1,2) as [/dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1].

How about BOSS Linux ? BOSS = Bharat Operating System Solutions :D I'm not joking... its there... google for it.
Seen BOSS. But I am intrested in doing something from the scratch. Today is time for Sackware :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom