1080p LED Monitor for 15k

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
The point here to keep in mind is that once you connect your monitor/display using an HDMI, the audio will automatically be routed via the HDMI, and you won't be able to use the PC/Laptop Audio jack. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I've experienced this in my AOC 2243FW2K monitor. Whnever I connect it to my laptop using the HDMI cable, the Audio port of my laptop becomes useless and since my monitor has a 3.5mm audio out jack, I am required to connect my speakers to that port for audio. Most of today's HDMI enabled displays do come with an analog audio jack, which lets you connect your speaker/home theatre to it. So, there's no point buying an HDMI enabled display without an Analog 3.5mm Audio Jack for Audio Out.

Bro, you are getting my point. By plugging through HDMI cable I will not able to use PC jack for audio and for audio I would have to use audio jack of monitor. So, using DVI to HDMI cable is worthless as there is no audio jack in U2412M and U2312HM (IPS). So, the point is in terms of features they are behind, in terms of contrast, colours and blacks they are behind S2440L (AMVA) so how is the image quality is better in U2412M and U2312HM?

I think I was very polite in that post. I think you should first learn how to talk to others rather than talking nonsense. I am outta this thread anyway, don't have to argue with someone like you. My time ain't worth it.

I always remain polite anyone can tell by reading this thread who is behaving nonsense. Neither I LOL'd like you nor used abusive word like "moaning" to show superiority I just defensed myself. Sorry, for wasting your gaming time.

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Bro, you are getting my point. By plugging through HDMI cable I will not able to use PC jack for audio and for audio I would have to use audio jack of monitor. So, using DVI to HDMI cable is worthless as there is no audio jack in U2412M and U2312HM.
But AFAIK, both these dell models don't have an HDMI port, so, why are you confused with using an DVI to HDMI converter. If your PC supports DVI Output, use a DVI cable instead to connect it with the monitor. DVI doesn't carry audio signals, so it won't force audio through the cable and won't disable the PC audio ports.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
But AFAIK, both these dell models don't have an HDMI port, so, why are you confused with using an DVI to HDMI converter. If your PC supports DVI Output, use a DVI cable instead to connect it with the monitor. DVI doesn't carry audio signals, so it won't force audio through the cable and won't disable the PC audio ports.

It's okay for PC but I will not able to listen TV via my HD DTH that only supports HDMI (no 3.5mm audio jack) :?
I think I should wait for someone who saw S2440L in real life.

Cilus

laborare est orare
By plugging through HDMI cable I will not able to use PC jack for audio and for audio I would have to use audio jack of monitor.

The point here to keep in mind is that once you connect your monitor/display using an HDMI, the audio will automatically be routed via the HDMI, and you won't be able to use the PC/Laptop Audio jack.

Cyberkid, the information you are providing is so wrong. It is not that if you connect your Display with PC using an HDMI cable then the audio will only route through the HDMI cable. In Sound Option, under control panel, you can select which Audio option to use...it might be the Realtech audio (Codec), Internal sound card, USB sound card or HDMI output.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Cyberkid, the information you are providing is so wrong. It is not that if you connect your Display with PC using an HDMI cable then the audio will only route through the HDMI cable. In Sound Option, under control panel, you can select which Audio option to use...it might be the Realtech audio (Codec), Internal sound card, USB sound card or HDMI output.

Thanks for the info cilus. But now the question is in terms of contrast, colours and blacks U2412M and U2312HM are behind S2440L (AMVA) so how is the image quality is better in IPS?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!

If so, thanks for correcting me:oops:. I've tried looking for the options, didn't quite get it. Will try it again.

Cilus

laborare est orare
CyberKid, nothing to be disappointed here, here we learn new things everyday n share it.

Regarding MVA and IPS comparison, have a read here: A-MVA 8-bit vs. E-IPS 6-bit + FRC - [H]ard|Forum
and here: *www.overclock.net/t/1311030/best-picture-quality-amva-or-e-ips

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
CyberKid, nothing to be disappointed here, here we learn new things everyday n share it.

Regarding MVA and IPS comparison, have a read here: A-MVA 8-bit vs. E-IPS 6-bit + FRC - [H]ard|Forum
and here: Best picture quality: AMVA or e-IPS

It seems like AMVA is the boss here. It has a true 8-bit colour depth too. It is said AMVA has not good colour accuracy as IPS but this new Dell S2440L has 1.8 default deltaE score. What do you say?

*img854.imageshack.us/img854/5906/fffffij.jpg
(lower is better)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Is this model worth to wait or not?
AOC's 23-inch IPS monitor almost skips the bezel, ships soon for $199

prashanthada

Broken In
@rider
am going to buy dell s2440l morrow. did u found out which one is better?
i guess i couldn't find a better monitor at this price range!!

prashanthada

Broken In
@rider
can u tellme which other model to look for in dell in 24" in the same range????? other then s2440l which is the probably my choice :D

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@rider
can u tellme which other model to look for in dell in 24" in the same range????? other then s2440l which is the probably my choice :D

Other choices are 23" Dell Ultrasharp IPS panel U2312HM and Samsung T23B350AR. Both are around 15k locally.
New Dell S2440L is an AMVA panel monitor with mac style edge-to-edge screen and It has outstanding static 5000:1 contrast with deepest blacks.

prashanthada

Broken In
:cool: @rider dude bought my whole system along with 2440l. and coudnt load my windows on my cpu till now. but using the screen right now attaching to a laptop with hdmi. and tell u wat its looking amazing crisp and sharp. will post pics morrow with the whole syestem :D :mrgreen: :-D :shock: :shock: :twisted::cool::-D:twisted::evil::razz::p:shock::-D

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
:cool: @rider dude bought my whole system along with 2440l. and coudnt load my windows on my cpu till now. but using the screen right now attaching to a laptop with hdmi. and tell u wat its looking amazing crisp and sharp. will post pics morrow with the whole syestem :D :mrgreen: :-D :shock: :shock: :twisted::cool::-D:twisted::evil::razz::p:shock::-D

wow! congrats bro. Waiting for your pics.

arun garg

Broken In

I have Samsung S23A350H LED monitor. But when i saw the Dell S2440L monitor i find it's great. But i still don't know whether it is better than samsung. how is the gaming performance of it. Please tell me so i could have DELL . How dell perform in gaming .

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I have Samsung S23A350H LED monitor. But when i saw the Dell S2440L monitor i find it's great. But i still don't know whether it is better than samsung. how is the gaming performance of it. Please tell me so i could have DELL . How dell perform in gaming .

How much reflection is in the screen is of S2440L? Is it glossier than your Samsung S23A350H ?

Top Bottom