1080p LED Monitor for 15k

arun garg

Broken In
How much reflection is in the screen is of S2440L? Is it glossier than your Samsung S23A350H ?

I still want to know the review of both samsung S23A350H and DELL S2440L led monitor.I want to know the difference between these two in gaming. That's why i want to know the performance of dell . I will sell my Samsung LED and buy the DELL . Please tell me as soon as possible

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I still want to know the review of both samsung S23A350H and DELL S2440L led monitor.I want to know the difference between these two in gaming. That's why i want to know the performance of dell . I will sell my Samsung LED and buy the DELL . Please tell me as soon as possible

Dell S2440L Review

*reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster-s23a350h/4505-3174_7-34640404.html

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
As it seems that you guys are discussion regarding Dell S series monitor I would like to inform a design problem in those monitors.

Couple of weeks ago I bought S2240L - the smaller sibling of S2440L. the issue is with how the LCD Panel (glass + LCD Screen) is mounted on the body/housing. the S series monitors has edge to edge glass, there is a tiny gap(1mm may be) between the housing and the screen. also the screen is not sturdily attached. because of this if you apply a little pressure (say when cleaning or taping on the screen ) the screen moves(<1mm). I had initially thought that it was a manufacturing defect thinking whole screen was not bolted properly, but it turned out that other piece which my vendor opened to check also had the same issue. I think its by design.. but other than that there is no complaint at all. the monitor is outstanding.

As for gaming.. I can check it over the weekend with BF3. :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
The Dell 2440's G2G response time is a shocking below par 6ms!!!

yea! it is great comes in class 1 (gaming class) of TFT Central.

As it seems that you guys are discussion regarding Dell S series monitor I would like to inform a design problem in those monitors.

Couple of weeks ago I bought S2240L - the smaller sibling of S2440L. the issue is with how the LCD Panel (glass + LCD Screen) is mounted on the body/housing. the S series monitors has edge to edge glass, there is a tiny gap(1mm may be) between the housing and the screen. also the screen is not sturdily attached. because of this if you apply a little pressure (say when cleaning or taping on the screen ) the screen moves(<1mm). I had initially thought that it was a manufacturing defect thinking whole screen was not bolted properly, but it turned out that other piece which my vendor opened to check also had the same issue. I think its by design.. but other than that there is no complaint at all. the monitor is outstanding.

As for gaming.. I can check it over the weekend with BF3. :)

dude! in review I read there is serious reflection is in these edge-to-edge monitors. In the review it is said much like a mirror when you turn it off. What do you say?

prashanthada

Broken In
@rider
you are true reflection is very much there in the monitor. when turned off you can completely watch urself in it.
i couldn't post the picture was busy and out of station. will post pic moroow with turned off and on. will be testing gaming also morrow.
but its a great monitor. contrast is outstanding!!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@rider
you are true reflection is very much there in the monitor. when turned off you can completely watch urself in it.
i couldn't post the picture was busy and out of station. will post pic moroow with turned off and on. will be testing gaming also morrow.
but its a great monitor. contrast is outstanding!!

How is the reflection when the monitor is on. I mean its tolerable like a normal glossy monitor or too much than a normal.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
At your kinda budget you can easily buy an IPS panel rather than buying a VA panel.

Yes, I know but the new Dell S2440L has AMVA panel that beats Dell IPS U2312HM in terms of contrast by 4 times, better black levels and default colour production. Response time and viewing angles are also great.. par of U2312HM. So, totally confused.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Black levels on a SPVA/AMVA panel is good but viewing angles to response time to color accuracy is better on a IPS panel. For movies and distance watching get AMVA but for gaming and close viewing get IPS. Its that simple.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^^ Black levels on a SPVA/AMVA panel is good but viewing angles to response time to color accuracy is better on a IPS panel. For movies and distance watching get AMVA but for gaming and close viewing get IPS. Its that simple.

Read Dell S2440L Review
It has 5ms response time which comes in class 1 of TFT central (high end gaming class) and viewing angles are acceptable.

*www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/dell_s2440l/viewing_angles.jpg

In terms of default colour it beats Dell IPS U2312HM.

*img854.imageshack.us/img854/5906/fffffij.jpg
(lower is better)

Colour accuracy can only be better in IPS sounds stereotypical after seeing this graph now.
What do you say now? Should I still go with Dell IPS Ultrasharp U2312HM?

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
AMVA still has some limitations however in practice, still suffering from the off-centre contrast shift you see from VA matrices. Viewing angles are therefore not as wide as IPS technology and the technology is often dismissed for colour critical work as a result. Contrast ratios are capable of being very high, but it seems many desktop monitors have only average contrast ratio performance comparable to older P-MVA and modern TN Film panels, and not surpassing PVA matrices. Some more recent AMVA modules are paired with W-LED backlighting and do offer some staggering static contrast ratios of >3000:1 though. Response time remains competitive and in line with the developments made with the P-MVA generation of panels. However, it does not appear to be as reactive as some overdriven TN Film and IPS matrices when it comes to pixel response times.

TN Film, MVA, PVA and IPS - Panel Technologies

If you ask me I still love an IPS panel over native VA panels and the reasons are a lot right now.You should look beyond Delta Values .Delta Gamut charts are not at all the deciding factor for an LCD panel.
But if you think the 2440 is the monitor,sure you should get it.If you can get the Ultrasharp do get it eyes wide shut or do a side by side real world test and you would know.

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
AMVA still has some limitations however in practice, still suffering from the off-centre contrast shift you see from VA matrices. Viewing angles are therefore not as wide as IPS technology and the technology is often dismissed for colour critical work as a result. Contrast ratios are capable of being very high, but it seems many desktop monitors have only average contrast ratio performance comparable to older P-MVA and modern TN Film panels, and not surpassing PVA matrices. Some more recent AMVA modules are paired with W-LED backlighting and do offer some staggering static contrast ratios of >3000:1 though. Response time remains competitive and in line with the developments made with the P-MVA generation of panels. However, it does not appear to be as reactive as some overdriven TN Film and IPS matrices when it comes to pixel response times.

TN Film, MVA, PVA and IPS - Panel Technologies

If you ask me I still love an IPS panel over native VA panels and the reasons are a lot right now.You should look beyond Delta Values .Delta Gamut charts are not at all the deciding factor for an LCD panel.
But if you think the 2440 is the monitor,sure you should get it.If you can get the Ultrasharp do get it eyes wide shut or do a side by side real world test and you would know.
So you mean to say delta values don't give the correct colour accuracy measurement. If we talk about the overall image production of S2440L over U2312HM except that viewing angles. How is it better than S2440L? I can not take the demo of either of the models locally or by asking dell. That's why I need help through this thread.

At infibeam store right now Dell S2440L is costing me 12.6k and U2312HM for 13.6k by using special 10% off coupon.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@The Incinerator IPS panel mechanism would be better but in the end performance in terms of image quality is seems to be better in AMVA panels (S2440L) now.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
There are two ways one is software and the other is hardware based. If you or anyone has understanding of a good image can easily calibrate with software.

Top Bottom