zzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbsg

Right off the assembly line
???

Hey dude,
Which virus did u find and exactly in which months DVDs? Also mention the AV ur using! I am using NOD32 (the worlds best AV) and it did not find anything! I am damn sure that DVDs/CDs from Digit will NOT have viruses in them!

BTW u may get infected with spyware after installing some softwares from digt (that's ur fault as u will have to read the license agreement carefully!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
details pls @rajrulesdear....which virus...in which application exe/folder ???

hmmm....time to invest some time in scanning these cd's too ...

D

dinesh_singh

dear raj rules prove that you have got cds form digit infected of viruses and bugs......coz if this is true....u r not alone....many thousands will be having same problem.......i bet u are wrong.
or prove me wrong.......

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
and one more thing . I have posted this article in forum so that u people can take precaution and if u guys think i m just wasting your time and there is no truth in it, I m sorry but i just said what i noticed. and i just thought , i should make u all aware of this.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i have come across lots of adware/spyware and trojan kind of programs in digit's stuff especially those ultimate freeware cd's which they had given a long time back (around 10 cds of stuff for home,multimedia.internet,etc) ... most of the screensavers and themes are affected with spyware. and ya it is my advise that u scan the cd/dvd b efore installing anything as u may never know what infection ur pc may catch.

i think there is something mentioned in the agreement regarding adware etc. time to read it and see.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
I would prefer to view the topic -
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20025&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

hpotter606

Journeyman
Re: ???

kbsg said:
Hey dude,
Which virus did u find and exactly in which months DVDs? Also mention the AV ur using! I am using NOD32 (the worlds best AV) and it did not find anything! I am damn sure that DVDs/CDs from Digit will NOT have viruses in them!

BTW u may get infected with spyware after installing some softwares from digt (that's ur fault as u will have to read the license agreement carefully!

Thats your opinion :D

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
rajrulesdear said:
and one more thing . I have posted this article in forum so that u people can take precaution and if u guys think i m just wasting your time and there is no truth in it, I m sorry but i just said what i noticed. and i just thought , i should make u all aware of this.

I'm with u buddy!

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
thanx sidewinder.

atleast there are some people(like u) on the forum who dont take my words as cr*p.

rajas

In the zone
Past couple of months I've been noticing that many people complaing of having Spyware/ Viruses in DVD's.
Digit team have to take an extra pressure in make them.

rohanbee

Padawan
a lot of this freeware stuff on legitimate and shady websites has tons of softwares up for uploads i dont think they are bothered (since the softwares ar free) as to what the softwares do or contain most of the times.
But
if digit is distribuiting such data the onus is on them to take some responsibility regarding the functionality and the safety of the software that they provide us with.

If they are taking credit for the data they distribuite on the Cd then they should take some criticism for these problems as well and try to be carefull......

It is not too much to ask.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
nothing new. Digit can scan the setup files at the max. we can't expect them to install and scan all the program files.
and spywares there are everywhere
more dangerous lol

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

M

_mAkA_

Hey man that's all folks.

The antivirus AVG may be freeware & is not so good.
Why use it rather use Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom