Zone Alarm Firewall Configaration !!!! Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
hi....
I read about zone alarm in a mag....and install it to my PC.
I have two computer with peer-to-peer networking via Ethernet Card/Lan card.Here the details :-

1st PC:-
*Running windows XP Professional
*Two Lan card in PCI Slot 2 & 3
*Both are DLINK 538-TX 10/100 Mbps Adoptar.
*One Lan card connected with BoadBand Modem[Huawai MT-882] (Which is in PCI Slot 3)
*One Lan Card connected with 2nd PC through cross over cable (Which is in PCI Slot 2)
*DataOne Broad Band Connection.

2nd PC:-
*Running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
*Inbuilt LAN/Ethernet port.

I have the internet connection in my 1st PC which also shared for my 2nd PC....and the connection works well between the two pc.....but after install the Zone alarm in my 1st PC only shared internet connection is not working.....it means...from 2nd PC i can't browse the internet any more...where as the 1st PC's internet activity is normal.....Other thing like pinging,hard drive sharing,optical drive sharing....are works fine....but if i shut down the Zone Alarm Firewall....the whole things (i,e sharing the connection) goes normal.....and i can use internet from my 2nd PC.

this is definetly shows that the problem is lying down in the Zone alarm configaration.BTW...my zone alarm version is 6.1.737.000

I do everthing what was describe in the magazine....like internt lock on/off.....or add the home network address as trusted....but i can't solve the problem....and after i read the article, i am not going to open my pc ports on the internet any more ....so plz help to figure out this problem.....

N.B:--Lan Card TCP/IP Setting is :-[Both PCI slot 3 lan card in 1st PC & 2nd Pc inbuilt lan....when connect to the internet otherwise it doesn't connect]
Obtain IP address automatically
Obtain DNS server address automatically

Thanks in advance to all for their response.......

theraven

Technomancer
in ur zap main window on top ull see "trusted" and "ineternet" written
click on either of them .. ull get a list of active networks

set the network id of ur HOME LAN to TRUSTED NETWORK ..it'll be on "INTERNET" by default .
now it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom