ZenFone 5 vs mi3? One Criteria...

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hello all,

Recently one of my roommate broke my beloved S2 :-( , now I am planning to buy a cheaper phone around 13k so zenfone 5 and mi3 give the best VFM and mi3 wins the race easily.
But, the only constraint that I feel with mi3 is there after sales service, so my question is has anyone got any idea whether mi have collaborated with any company to provide ASS or whether they would be opening there own service stations(because that would take some time before it can spread across country)??

Thanks

ashs1

Padawan
There will be service centre for xiaomi .
List of service centres
*en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=MTA3MjEwfDdkNmM3YzE5fDE0MDUzNzY0ODh8MHwyODEwOQ%3D%3D¬humb=yes

*en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=MTA3MjExfDhlZjYwYjJkfDE0MDUzNzY0ODh8MHwyODEwOQ%3D%3D¬humb=yes

*en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=MTA3MjEyfDI0YzllYmRmfDE0MDUzNzY0ODh8MHwyODEwOQ%3D%3D¬humb=yes

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Most of the service centre may not be operating.........

I visited one centre in Mumbai & it was just exclusive HTC service centre. when asked they said we won't be servicing XIAOMI & the company has to update on their website.

chinese fones like Xiaomi, Huawei etc... are well built so you may not have to visit them often like Indo Chini fones...

$hadow

Geek in making
The phone is well built since it is seen by me in personal. Build quality is sturdy so until and unless something unfortunate happen I don't think you need service center.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hello all,

Recently one of my roommate broke my beloved S2 :-( , now I am planning to buy a cheaper phone around 13k so zenfone 5 and mi3 give the best VFM and mi3 wins the race easily.
But, the only constraint that I feel with mi3 is there after sales service, so my question is has anyone got any idea whether mi have collaborated with any company to provide ASS or whether they would be opening there own service stations(because that would take some time before it can spread across country)??

Thanks

get the zenfone 5,all these chinese phones are the same and will eventually give trouble and poor after sales
asus india is very reliable in ASS and so is Moto in comparison to xiaomi and these other chinese brands
most people have become delusional after seeing the xiaomi mi3 but its only because of the snapdragon 800 present on board
the zenfone 5 only has one grievance so far and that is battery life but as far as i know,it should have a decent battery life for casual use
xiaomi mi3 also has various reception issues and battery life is unknown so far
plus asus also has a status factor given its sturdy build and design

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
get the zenfone 5,all these chinese phones are the same and will eventually give trouble and poor after sales
asus india is very reliable in ASS and so is Moto in comparison to xiaomi and these other chinese brands
most people have become delusional after seeing the xiaomi mi3 but its only because of the snapdragon 800 present on board
the zenfone 5 only has one grievance so far and that is battery life but as far as i know,it should have a decent battery life for casual use
xiaomi mi3 also has various reception issues and battery life is unknown so far
plus asus also has a status factor given its sturdy build and design

The other thing is the screen mi3 has 441 ppi and zenforce has 294 ppi...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The other thing is the screen mi3 has 441 ppi and zenforce has 294 ppi...

you wont see much of a difference,zenfone has a bigger screen and 294 ppi is a decent amount
plus zenfone has no issues except poor battery life(which even the mi3 isnt a player in either so its not really a con for the zenfone)
stick to zenfone,its more reliable and wont disappoint
xiaomi is gonna flop once people are aware of the issues with its build quality,after sales,speaker issues and reception issues
most people are delusioned by the fact that the mi3 has a snapdragon 800 but in reality the intel atom found on the zenfone is a better performer and the phone is better built than xiaomi mi3
plus the asus tag is certainly a better status symbol than xiaomi

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
you wont see much of a difference,zenfone has a bigger screen and 294 ppi is a decent amount
plus zenfone has no issues except poor battery life(which even the mi3 isnt a player in either so its not really a con for the zenfone)
xiaomi is gonna flop once people are aware of the issues with its build quality,after sales,speaker issues and reception issues
most people are delusioned by the fact that the mi3 has a snapdragon 800 but in reality the intel atom found on the zenfone is a better performer and the phone is better built than xiaomi mi3

I haven't seen any of the phones so I am going along with the reviews and the specs that I can see...
For me what matters is performance and less issues with the phone...

So according to you the difference between a Full HD Screen(mi3) and a HD screen(zenfone 5) would be negligible??

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I haven't seen any of the phones so I am going along with the reviews and the specs that I can see...
For me what matters is performance and less issues with the phone...

So according to you the difference between a Full HD Screen(mi3) and a HD screen(zenfone 5) would be negligible??

yeah the basic rule of thumb is any screen around or below 5" and 250+ppi doesnt really have much of a difference unless you look really close
ive seen both phones,but the zenfones feel and size felt better in hand though it is slightly big,roughly the size of the galaxy grand

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
I am totally confused now, zenfone has problems like low brightness and bad battery life(some flipkart users have posted recieving defective pieces).
And mi3 also has some problems with some of the sets(as read from reviews from flipkart).

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
whichever device you choose there is always the off chance you can get defective parts..in them
I have bought mi3 and i have had no problems so far..
unless you plan to use 3g internet all the time thru the phone the battery will last a day , may be more there are also battery savings options available to increase the duration

and in terms of screen well it depends if you want a better clarity when viewing pictures,reading texts etc higher resolution always helps

i cant comment much about zenphone ,but the general vibe is that too is a good phone, with a good interface..

if you ask me ill go with mi3 be warned though it doesnt have expandable storage only 11gb is available

if you want to see how HD and FHD differs search youtube ..

quicky008

Technomancer

Well said mate-its heartening to know that not everyone on TDF is enamoured with Xiaomi.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I am totally confused now, zenfone has problems like low brightness and bad battery life(some flipkart users have posted recieving defective pieces).
And mi3 also has some problems with some of the sets(as read from reviews from flipkart).

you can get defective devices from any company,even apple etc but depends on how they handle the issue
a good example is moto who recently accepted that a few of their devices had defective parts and that they would give a full replacement or refund to all those affected

- - - Updated - - -

Well said mate-its heartening to know that not everyone on TDF is enamoured with Xiaomi.

yeah :)
we are a rare breed these days :D :p

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hey how about right now I buy a zenfone 4 @6k and after about 6-7 months down the line buy a good phone(~20k) as originally planned... than zenfone 4 can work as a backup phone.

Dastan

Broken In
Hey how about right now I buy a zenfone 4 @6k and after about 6-7 months down the line buy a good phone(~20k) as originally planned... than zenfone 4 can work as a backup phone.

zen 4 is a good option indeed , only concern is its below par battery backup. Do check reviews before buying

Top Bottom