Zebronics 500W SMPS. Is it a good SMPS. Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi,

I'm planning to buy Zebronics 500W SMPS. Is it a good one. Since I couldn't get antec, i'm going for this one. Tell me your suggestions.

Thanx
Arsenal

funkymonkey

Journeyman
its most probably generic 500Watt which are ok for most conditions but not that good.
There is good indian company called as Starnet which basically is importing OEM TR PSUs and revranding them. These are very good quality PSUs but will come at cost. A 450Watt starnet PSU will cost around 3K. But you are guaranteed good quality PSU with good Ampere ratings.
I am using this starnet for almost 9 months now and its rock solid. Voltages are what they should be and not lower or higher.

theraven

Technomancer
zebronics had a lava cabinet with a 400w psu
it was rated good
so id say yeah its good
tho when ur going for high ratings its good to go with companies like powersafe ( i wont recommend antec ofcourse ;) )

funkymonkey

Journeyman
for high end PCs with modern components and specially new generation graphic card SMPS affects the stability of the system. Its not always the wattages but Ampere rating on the rails thats more important.
My 400Watt unbranded PSU couldnt keep my PC stable enough with 6800GT, lots of reboots, PC hanging. Replaced it with good branded 450 watt with higher ampere ratings and everything smooth and perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom