Yureka Problem while getting calls

ajayritik

Technomancer
Firstly guys Sorry for posting a separate thread on this instead of posting it in the Yureka Discussion thread.
However this problem has been annoying from the time I got this phone.
It initially started with the phone getting locked and me not able to access any of the options on the phone while the call is active.
This happened both when I receive a call and make a call.
Somehow the problem got fixed after I selected some options to remove Proximity Sensor( or whatever that crap is)
Later I thought maybe it will be a good idea to upgrade the phone to latest update hence I went ahead and updated the phone.
Now the problem didn't seem to go away.
Again I selected the options for the Proximity Sensor so the problem went away for a day or two but has been haunting me again for the past 3-4 days.
Whenever someone calls me in the past couple of days the screen gets locked and I can't answer the call. Period. I try to unlock the phone and see if I can answer the call but that doesn't help.
It works Ok if I make a call.

I'm not sure if this problem has started with any update or what.
Maybe there is an option that needs to be tweaked maybe there is not.
It doesn't help either that I'm not too much of a techie guy wrt mobiles, rooting etc.

One more reason I will stay away from these cheap phones especially ones made in China.

I thought the main purpose of having a phone is to make and receive calls.

Just imagine if some family member or friend is trying to call us for something urgent/important. I have to wait till they stop calling then unlock the phone and then call back.
This maybe one off case with Yureka phone but definitely this is annoying.
I thought with better technology lives are made better but definitely not with my mobile.

Hope friends out here can help me fix this problem.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I had this issue in my OPO, disabling prevent accidental wake stopped this issue.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
There is something called Auto answer in the call settings that i have seen in my old and current phone. I never understood requirement of that, but may be that will be useful for you now.:-o

$hadow

Geek in making
Check this *www.techmesto.com/fix-yureka-call-blank-screen/ and this *forums.oneplus.net/threads/problems-receiving-calls-and-sms-on-cm12-nightly.279000/

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Check this *www.techmesto.com/fix-yureka-call-blank-screen/ and this *forums.oneplus.net/threads/problems-receiving-calls-and-sms-on-cm12-nightly.279000/

Thanks much Sameer.
Actually the first fix is working but only for a while after a while the problem comes back again.
I would prefer a permanent solution rather than doing this daily.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
In Kitkat I didn't have the problem wherein screen gets locked and I can't answer call. However when I call someone or someone calls me and the call is active I can't access the phone till call gets over.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm really sick of this option. I don't know who the hell designed or is responsible for this crap.
Sometimes I feel I rather had put more money and got the overpriced Samsung, Sony.
I'm surprised nobody is facing this problem or there are very few TDF guys here who have Yureka.
Even when I receive SMS it doesn't seem to alert me. Just a buzz and gone.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys I'm really sick of this option. I don't know who the hell designed or is responsible for this crap.
Sometimes I feel I rather had put more money and got the overpriced Samsung, Sony.
I'm surprised nobody is facing this problem or there are very few TDF guys here who have Yureka.
Even when I receive SMS it doesn't seem to alert me. Just a buzz and gone.
Buzz? You mean vibrate.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Buzz? You mean vibrate.
amjath with my earlier phones whenever somebody calls me or sends me SMS even if I'm not there to check at that point of time the screen will be active after I get the message or call so that when I check later I can see that I received the calls or SMS.
However in the Yureka case I need to unlock and check.

But the bigger problem is when some one calls I hear the ringtone however the phone gets locked and doesn't let me answer the call. I have to wait till the caller disconnects the call so that I can call back. Also in case if someone calls or I call the person at the other end needs to disconnect the call after the conversation ends in case he forgets to disconnect the call the phone gets locked and the call is active.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm so frustrated. It's such a basic thing.
I'm damn not concerned about quality of pics from camera, audio issue, playback issue.
Just to get some good specs like camera etc I have to compromise on the basic feature that phone is made for.

Does anyone know how can I report this problem to Amazon?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
report it in Yureka forums YU Official Forums

I had this issue in one of the custom roms

if don't get any solutions then unlock bootloader,root, flash recovery and install custom ROM for yureka :mrgreen:

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
report it in Yureka forums YU Official Forums

I had this issue in one of the custom roms

if don't get any solutions then unlock bootloader,root, flash recovery and install custom ROM for yureka :mrgreen:

What about people who are not so techy how would they deal with this problem?

Minion

Conversation Architect
I'm so frustrated. It's such a basic thing.
I'm damn not concerned about quality of pics from camera, audio issue, playback issue.
Just to get some good specs like camera etc I have to compromise on the basic feature that phone is made for.

Does anyone know how can I report this problem to Amazon?

Try for RMA with Amazon. if everything fails flash a custom rom.

- - - Updated - - -

What about people who are not so techy how would they deal with this problem?

Arey every thing has first time. Even I didn't know how to flash custom rom but after getting sick of waiting for lollipop update for moto E.I decided to flash custom rom.I even soft bricked my phone in the process but after doing some research I find it very easy to unbrick my moto E.

Now I am on lollipop 5.1 which is awesome.my phone is giving me screen on time of 6 hrs with 1 day even playing clash of clan previously I was getting on 4 hrs with stock rom.

Top Bottom