Youtube Boxoffice

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, another nice initiative by Google. :)

YouTube - ‪BoxOffice的频é￾“‬‏

They are featuring Band Baaja Barrat for now. May be will add more movies soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
thanx dude...

They have some good collection there
Padosan, Abhimaan, Chupke Chupke, Hera Pheri, Pardes ..........wow

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
This is a great initiative.. And my 256k connection is enough to watch those movies in 240p. :p ;-)

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
Won't this promote piracy, as there are plenty of YouTube Downloaders available through which you can download these movies and share/sell them??

Sarath

iDota
If its already free then I dont know how they are even bothered. Also its much easier to pirate movies from other sources.

Its is a good initiative. I checked it a few days back. Hope they add more movies.

Shemaroo had a similar initiative running for a long time now. I have their Dhamaal in my to be watched list.

arescool

Work is So Boring...
Won't this promote piracy, as there are plenty of YouTube Downloaders available through which you can download these movies and share/sell them??

If someone wants to promote piracy , there are many other ways ...
So i find this to be a grt initiative :smile:

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
If someone wants to promote piracy , there are many other ways ...
So i find this to be a grt initiative :smile:

I know there are many other ways, but I am still quite confused about how YouTube will handle this. Legitimate media players like RealPlayer have their own plugin through which one can download YouTube videos, hence proving that downloading the videos aren't illegal. And since YouTube does not have permission to redistribute these movies, won't they fall into legal trouble?? :?:

I know this is an unexpected question, but bear with me. I appreciate YouTube's initiative to move audiences away from the theatre and into the comfort of their own homes. I'm just a bit confused about the legal side of the matter.

Top Bottom