Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I also didnt liked hzd got bored after 1st mission and uninstalled it right away dont know why people like that game.That world dont excite me hence not interested in that series.

Is it similar to its predecessor gameplay wise? HZD got boring for me pretty fast due to the repetitive nature of its missions and frequent encounters with powerful beasts that led to quick deaths every time.
Yes, kind of similar formula. It won't win GOTY, but I will still say both games are good RPG games, easy.

Controversial take but I prefer HZD or AC Origins & Odyssey over Elden Ring.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Great game, I personally didn't like all its gameplay mechanics, but will rate it above Elden Ring easy because of the story.

Honestly, the only recent game that blew me away was Baldur's Gate 3. For 2010-19, Witcher 3 was the best game.
Witcher 3 is my fav in 2010-2016 and RDR2 in 2018 Its the best game imp in recent times I loved the mechanics and graphics specially its the only recent game that blew me away. As you already know elden ring is not my cup of tea About BG3 i tried it but I didnt like the rpg turn based system

Witcher 3 is my fav in 2010-2016 and RDR2 in 2018 Its the best game imp in recent times I loved the mechanics and graphics specially its the only recent game that blew me away. As you already know elden ring is not my cup of tea About BG3 i tried it but I didnt like the rpg turn based system
I will say combat mechanics are the weakest point of BG3. I would love BG3 with DOS2 like combat mechanics, instead of DnD dice roll stuff they put. I played DOS2 after completing BG3. I hope DOS3 will be a masterpiece when it comes out.

Even I had my qualms about the isometric cam & turn based combat but even with the annoying dice roll, I loved it to my surprise.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BG isn't BG without DnD mechanics and dice rolls.

Edit: Baldur's Gate has always been based on whatever is the current edition of DnD at the time of development (Although Baldur's Gate 3 is based on the 5th edition of DnD). The purpose of Baldur's Gate series is to closely capture the tabletop experience.

Other CRPGs such as Divinity series or Pillars of Eternity follow their own systems different from DnD and therefore can incorporate different gameplay mechanics around those systems.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Larian should try and return back to roots and make a sequel that's like Divine Divinity. There are literally no such games right now. ARPGs like Diablo do not count.

Top Bottom