Your advice-reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
· When I attempt to open and see the received e-mail with attachment, it says that OE removed the access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: cat-final-complete-2005 final.pdf. What is actually the problem, and how to correct it, Sir?
· I am using a Samsung 17� SyncMaster 753s model Monitor. I am spending almost 3 to 4 hours on Computer per day. I am suffering from severe headache. Somebody recommends me to use a Computer Glass Filter, which is placed over the Monitor Screen, in order to filter the rays, which may avoid my headache. Is it true, Sir? If so, can you recommend me which one is the best for the purpose, Sir?
· When I asked you for completely free Software for the purpose of increasing the speed of Internet on my computer, you suggested me three Softwares, one of which is ROBUST FREE INTERNET BOOSTER. I need it for individual purpose. But when I noted the Terms and Conditions therein through its website, they are very confusing that I have to pay any amount after some period of use or it is absolutely free of cost forever. Please clear up my doubts, Sir.
· Whenever I switch on my Computer, after the Window 98 Screen, there is a message each time as follows:
C:\>
C:\>rem***** The following line was added by add_ path****
C:\>setPATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND; C:\PROGRA�1\ZIPGEN�1

Kindly arrange to inform me how to rectify the problem.

swatkat

Technomancer
kumarn_2004 said:
· When I attempt to open and see the received e-mail with attachment, it says that OE removed the access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: cat-final-complete-2005 final.pdf. What is actually the problem, and how to correct it, Sir?

if u have enabled the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" in OE.Do this to rectify...
1]In Outlook Express, Go to the Tools menu and select Options.
2]In this options window, Click the Security tab
3]Uncheck the box marked "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".
4]Then click OK to exit.

· I am using a Samsung 17” SyncMaster 753s model Monitor. I am spending almost 3 to 4 hours on Computer per day. I am suffering from severe headache. Somebody recommends me to use a Computer Glass Filter, which is placed over the Monitor Screen, in order to filter the rays, which may avoid my headache. Is it true, Sir? If so, can you recommend me which one is the best for the purpose, Sir?

Those filters claim to reduce the glare of the screen and reduces the strain on eyes...3M iCare Anti-Glare filter is a good one.....
Also take a break between ur work hours..don't continously stare at the monitor....

· When I asked you for completely free Software for the purpose of increasing the speed of Internet on my computer, you suggested me three Softwares, one of which is ROBUST FREE INTERNET BOOSTER. I need it for individual purpose. But when I noted the Terms and Conditions therein through its website, they are very confusing that I have to pay any amount after some period of use or it is absolutely free of cost forever. Please clear up my doubts, Sir.

u dont have to worry about those things...
some of the softwares r free only for non-commercial and individual use and if someone wants to use it for commercial purposes, then the software should be purchased...
if the software is really a commercial-ware, then u would come to know while u r using it, since most of them have limited period (30 day/15 day) trials or some of the options r disabled....also some of the softwares r made available for free with one glitch, that is they display advertisements (adware)....
this Robust Internet Booster is an Adware, so if u want it for Free, u have to cope up with Ads...and if u want to remove Ads, u have to pay money...that's all....
u can use TZ Connection Booster, which is a Freeware....
*www.trackzapper.com/booster.html

· Whenever I switch on my Computer, after the Window 98 Screen, there is a message each time as follows:
C:\>rem***** The following line was added by add_ path****
C:\>setPATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND; C:\PROGRA”1\ZIPGEN”1
Kindly arrange to inform me how to rectify the problem.

u hav installed ZipGenius, havent u? this is ZipGenius's entry in Autoexec.bat file of ur Computer, and it executes this program whenever it boot's up...this Zipgen~1 program which is executed at every startup may serve purposes like cleaning it's Temp files/directories etc...

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
regarding the monitor causing headaches , just reduce the brightness ( the sun symbol thing ) to zero and keep the other ying yang thing to minimum . Try changing the colors of ur background and text to something more soothing .

Consciously make an effort to Blink more than usual . Thats the purpose of blinking , to protect our eyes from strain ,but looking at how people watch monitors and tv , they seldom blink at all . thats y so many eye probs in children even at a young age . I actually block my nephews view of his cartoons every 10 seconds or so and then he automatically starts blinking more and less strain . there is an excercise in yoga , ur supposed to place ur palms on ur eyes and rotate or somethng . supposed to help bad eyes . try getting more info on that .

check how my screen looks here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12854&start=15

i usually do a lot of reading and typing so i use those settings to reduce the strain .

@swat : how much is the 3M anti glare filter ??? there are so many fake ones which actually increases the glare more than the tinted monitors and cause headaches

swatkat

Technomancer
klinux said:
@swat : how much is the 3M anti glare filter ??? there are so many fake ones which actually increases the glare more than the tinted monitors and cause headaches
yeah..some fake ones available for as little as Rs.400 or 500/- ,but they do not serve the purpose....
3M Anti Glare filters r effective, but the price is on the higher side...which costs about Rs.1800 or Rs.1900/-.......
check out thier website....
*www.3micare.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom