You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How was China kinda slowed it down then? No new cases from the past few days.
After gap of 3 days, China reports first local case - Times of India

US has started a trial plus they are going ahead with some medicine starting with C, Trump and Musk are betting on it. I have no idea whether it will work or not.
Doesn't matter what they try,it is not possible to complete human drug trials for such a disease vaccine in 10-12 months(it is not like some equipment production/research where you can divide the work to speedup the process).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
After gap of 3 days, China reports first local case - Times of India

Doesn't matter what they try,it is not possible to complete human drug trials for such a disease vaccine in 10-12 months(it is not like some equipment production/research where you can divide the work to speedup the process).

Virus epicentre Wuhan, however, has not reported a new coronavirus case for the fourth consecutive day....

Few cases will be there but they have gone through the worst part.
True that. But they are trying and with people like Musk and Gates they have high chance of success as compared to other countries.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Virus epicentre Wuhan, however, has not reported a new coronavirus case for the fourth consecutive day....
Few cases will be there but they have gone through the worst part.
True that. But they are trying and with people like Musk and Gates they have high chance of success as compared to other countries.
Success doesn't matter,time taken will not be less than 12 months & it only needs one country/team to succeed.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
They care towards their own population(aka govt should not look inept).
LOL
North Korea's First Patient Shot Dead After Being Suspected With Coronavirus - GoodTimes: Lifestyle, Food, Travel, Fashion, Weddings, Bollywood, Tech, Videos & Photos
Chinese Tycoon Who Criticized Xi’s Response to Coronavirus Has Vanished

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I highly doubt that, China and NK don't care about PR at all.
On the contrary, they are highly sensitive to how the outside world perceives them. NK goes to great length to give the image of being very modern but their buildings are designed to look good from the outside only but inside is unfinished and empty. Among other things.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
How was China kinda slowed it down then? No new cases from the past few days.

Even if we assume China isn't lying about the numbers they could probably be able to contain the virus, since its a communist nation where government can enforce rules strictly.
India on the other hand just can't.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if we assume China isn't lying about the numbers they could probably be able to contain the virus, since its a communist nation where government can enforce rules strictly.
India on the other hand just can't.
Not just communist but communist with enough resources. Vietnam is also a communist country just like China but it can't come even close to China in terms of enforcing such wide scale public bans.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Coronavirus live updates: Total number of positive Coronavirus cases in India is 415 and 7 deaths; most of India under lockdown

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^^^^ The most updated one's
Microsoft Bing COVID-19 Tracker
Coronavirus Update (Live): 349,809 Cases and 15,307 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder where are those people who say that US has the most advanced healthcare, period.
There is a difference between having most advanced healthcare tech(which US does have) & most advanced healthcare system on a whole for public(in which case US ranked 29th out of 195 nations in Healthcare Access and Quality (HAQ) Index 2016 report,India ranked 145 btw behind Bangladesh,Sri Lanka & Bhutan).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There is a difference between having most advanced healthcare tech(which US does have) & most advanced healthcare system on a whole for public(in which case US ranked 29th out of 195 nations in Healthcare Access and Quality (HAQ) Index 2016 report,India ranked 145 btw behind Bangladesh,Sri Lanka & Bhutan).
I don't understand and pardon me for deviating from the topic, but their healthcare is not available for the public? Money is the reason?

Zangetsu

^^^^ The most updated one's
Microsoft Bing COVID-19 Tracker
Coronavirus Update (Live): 349,809 Cases and 15,307 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
I can see each and every country in the list :shock: Which country has ZERO cases as of now ?
What we have seen till now in movies is happening in real "a post apocalyptic warfare" from invisible enemy

Zangetsu

I don't understand and pardon me for deviating from the topic, but their healthcare is not available for the public? Money is the reason?
Healthcare is available to Public in US has the most sophisticated healthcare in the world. and they have very stringent laws for any healthcare violations.
First each & every individual must have a valid Health Insurance (cannot skip that).
Cost of healthcare is high. per clinical visit is $100 (7.6k INR). So, people opt for healthcare insurance there. Many Indians flyback to India as they can't afford the charges of treatment in US.
Healthcare providers, payors have to follow the rules otherwise they are charged with hefty fines worth millions. You won't find a jholachaap doctor in US.

Last edited:
Top Bottom