Xperia S camera

babloo81

Broken In
I have a Sony Xperia S (LT26) running Android 2.3. This was bought from the US. Though the camera is a 12MP one, the images seem to be very blurred. What might be the problem. Images from the front facing camera are fine though. See the attached image for what I mean. It is the image of a laptop on my workstation table but is very blurred.

Attachments

• DSC_0002[1].jpg
    DSC_0002[1].jpg
    88 KB · Views: 134

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Here's what you need to do. Follow my advise and then take a pic and upload it again here.

1. In camera, change from SCN Auto to Normal
Detailed settings as follows -

Scene- OFF (That's default but cross check once)

2. Press the Menu button and change Focus mode from Smile Detection to Single Auto Focus

3. Now you are ready to take a pic, lock focus by pressing the camera shutter key. When the tiny box turns green it means focus is achieved, if its Red means not focusses and white means unable to focus properly. So keep the camera key half pressed for 5 secs until you see the tiny box go green and then press the camera key fully to take the pic.

Even In SCNAuto follow Step 3 and the pic will come out just fine. Just make sure you see the screen to check whether the camera has focused or not, also make sure you're hands are not too shaky.

OP
B

babloo81

Broken In
Thanks for the response. I tried doing the steps you suggested. But the focus tiny box does not turn green at all. It starts with white and then turns red but does not green at all. It turned green once for a fraction of a second but turned back red again. I tried at least half a dozen times and tried holding the camera button half-pressed for quite some time but it did not work.

Top Bottom