Xperia L power button(gone inside)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
So,my phone fell down 5 feet, and guess what the display din't break but instead the power button went inside, now the Sony service center people told me,the cost to repair it would be 8k cause the power button is a part of the display.

Now what Do i do? Should I sell it off and get a new phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

R2K

In the Zone
Did you try the local repair shops. Sony service is outstanding but their price makes a hole in your pocket

ashs1

Padawan
I am guessing your phone's out of warranty..so either check out the local shops( for much cheaper repairing costs ) or invest more & get a better phone. I am thinking of getting rid of my crappy xperia L as well. :/

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
So,my phone fell down 5 feet, and guess what the display din't break but instead the power button went inside, now the Sony service center people told me,the cost to repair it would be 8k cause the power button is a part of the display.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

its 100% not worth spending 8k to repair but try getting it done locally or atleast get a quote/solution
usually oem service centres like to replace major parts unneccessarily and increase the bill

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
its 100% not worth spending 8k to repair but try getting it done locally or atleast get a quote/solution
usually oem service centres like to replace major parts unneccessarily and increase the bill

I saw some "display" part pics and I can no where see a power button.

BTW,I din't mention it correctly.. though the power button has gone inside,it's very hard to press but it does work, like press 2-3 times it does work, but the problem might arise after some time :(

- - - Updated - - -

I am guessing your phone's out of warranty..so either check out the local shops( for much cheaper repairing costs ) or invest more & get a better phone. I am thinking of getting rid of my crappy xperia L as well. :/

I'm waiting for snapdragon 401 or 410.It's expected next month if am not wrong? [MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION]

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why you need to use the power button at the first place? XL should have CM11 and they added a nice little trick with Milestone 3-4 build: "Double-tap to sleep". Just double tap the time on status bar and phone gets locked (need to turn it on in settings first). my mobile's power button works after pressing 5-10 times yet i have no problem locking the phone.

I'm waiting for snapdragon 401 or 410.It's expected next month if am not wrong? [MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION]

already planning to retire XL? Galaxy mega 2 is suppose to be powered by 410 so yes, more devices will follow. Last 2 months of this year will be quite busy.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
why you need to use the power button at the first place? XL should have CM11 and they added a nice little trick with Milestone 3-4 build: "Double-tap to sleep". Just double tap the time on status bar and phone gets locked (need to turn it on in settings first). my mobile's power button works after pressing 5-10 times yet i have no problem locking the phone.

already planning to retire XL? Galaxy mega 2 is suppose to be powered by 410 so yes, more devices will follow. Last 2 months of this year will be quite busy.

:) iK that works,that's how I am using it.. just saying for "turning the phone on" and "power button is the okay key in CWM"

Minion

Conversation Architect

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Aah.. I am sure they are not telling truth?These service center are just to showoff people that they have service centers nothing more. I will not suggest you to repair your phone for 8k even 2k instead get a new phone with that 8k.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Aah.. I am sure they are not telling truth?These service center are just to showoff people that they have service centers nothing more. I will not suggest you to repair your phone for 8k even 2k instead get a new phone with that 8k.

^^yep much safer option!!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i dont think power key is attached to the display

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2ICoM0O4Y

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD0PN2yHTo

go to a local repair guy he wont even charge you more than 2-300 bucks

Last edited:
Top Bottom