Xp + Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
hey is possible to install windows vista along with windows xp pro sp2...
multiboot?....i have windows vista beta 2 dvd (original)....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well .. yeah sure... i have my system running in that manner... jst do it as if u have done with 98 + xp or 2k+xp... simple install the vista on another partition of the hdd

Pathik

Google Bot
yups.. But u need a ntfs part 4 dat

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
primary partition??well......after u install Vista u r BOOT.ini in u r windows XP drive will be useless.....Vista will have its own dual boot system.....
leaving the XP installation as it is.....just boot from the Vista DVD and continu installation in u r d:\ or e:\ or f:\ etc etc ...

paul_007

Padawan
do we have to format the partition once to install vista

i mean i'm havin 35 GB left in H: drive and some data is also present ,so do i have to format it??

hafees

In the zone
You dont need to format any partition. As an NTFS partition is recommended for Vista, just convert one of your FAT32 partition to NTFS using Convert command - only if you dont have one. (here is one tutorial for doing that - *www.aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php). As long as a writable primary partition is there, you don't need to create another primary partition to install Vista along with Windows XP. The MBR, boot.ini etc will be replaced by Vista itself.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
I have a 40 GB HDD and 4 drives with 9.3 GB each. Can I install Vista in my drive?
Also I have only 256 MB RAM. Will Vista run on my PC?

check this one out...a clean and easy way to understand

Code:
*www.lifehacker.com/software/top/windows-vista-beta-how-to-dual-boot-windows-xp-and-windows-vista-179906.php

u can install windows vista and windows xp , !

UFO007 said:
I have a 40 GB HDD and 4 drives with 9.3 GB each. Can I install Vista in my drive?
Also I have only 256 MB RAM. Will Vista run on my PC?

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor beta

Want to see if your Windows XP-based PC can run Windows Vista? Just download, install, and run the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor beta.

This small software tool will scan your computer and create an easy-to-understand report of all known system and device compatibility issues, and recommend ways to resolve them. The Upgrade Advisor can also help you choose the edition of Windows Vista that best fits the way you want to use your computer.
download this advisor and test ur pc is capable of running vista or not,its not any spyware !
Code:
*www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
neerajvohra said:
check this one out...a clean and easy way to understand

Code:
*www.lifehacker.com/software/top/windows-vista-beta-how-to-dual-boot-windows-xp-and-windows-vista-179906.php

u can install windows vista and windows xp , !

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor beta

Want to see if your Windows XP-based PC can run Windows Vista? Just download, install, and run the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor beta.

This small software tool will scan your computer and create an easy-to-understand report of all known system and device compatibility issues, and recommend ways to resolve them. The Upgrade Advisor can also help you choose the edition of Windows Vista that best fits the way you want to use your computer.
download this advisor and test ur pc is capable of running vista or not,its not any spyware !
Code:
*www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx

I installed it already. It said that I neede 512 MB RAM. But in mera windows forum, it is being said that we can install Vista on 256 MB of RAM. I dont know if it was true. I just wanted to confirm it.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Ok guys , i have installed Vista in My D: drive. But , No drivers are installed in it.
I have Win XP SP2 in C: drive.
This is what I did: First I right click D: drive and quick formatted it in NTFS. Then I autorun The Vista DVD and pressed the Install Vista Button. Then It asked for partition , I selected the same D: drive for it. In between , it said warning that could not find Primary and secondary IDE channel, Continue???
I selected Yes. Then It installed. But now the problem is , graphics are extremely poor and I cannot install my motherbord drivers in it. It says error.

What to do???
Where I went wrong???
How to solve the problem????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom