xp reinstallation problems.someone plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
I am unable to reinstall xp over my existing installation.i am starting the installation from xp itself ,it copies all the files and restarts the pc but when the installation commences it gives an error that a file is missing.:sad:

what to do:?: :sad:

abhipal

Journeyman
Please explain in full. You said that you started installation from XP itself that means you are offline upgrading (Repairing). Is that it. If so or even you are fresh installing XP, I think that the cd you are using for installation have some files missing or corrupted. Try using some other disk.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
CD must have a problem , use another XP CD if u have a backup. or worst case that ur HDD may have a bad sector which is causing the problem.

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
@abhipal. i am starting the reinstallation from windows xp by clicking on the upgrade tab so that my current settings remain intact .

@ranjan2001. my hard disk doesn't hav any bad sector

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
IN past my experience upgrading XP has not been gud, I would take a back up of data & reinstall rather than lingering with problem after successful upgrades.

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
so why during copying the files no error comes and memtest doesn't shows any problm in ram

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
utsav said:
so why during copying the files no error comes and memtest doesn't shows any problm in ram

This can happen, as when you are coping a file u copy the archive, but when running the installation you extract and expand the setup archive files, so its possible that the Installation media do have problem or your Optical drive is unable to read from the Media...

I would suggest, use another installation media if posible... (Note if you have a Windows OEM key, then use any OEM installation Source with ur own key)....

:)

casual_gamer

In the zone
utsav said:
Try Windiag, it is very accurate to test RAM. *oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp I once had a similar problem, the problem was with one of the ram sticks, fortunately there was still 1 month warranty left and i got it replaced.

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
^^ok, i will check it

should i copy all the files on my cd to hard disk and then install xp.will it work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom