Status
Not open for further replies.

Utsav jaiswal

Right off the assembly line
I got a winXP cd(OEM) from a frind who did'nt want win.(original)
but has'nt the key. the installation requires it.
The OEM is of Compaq.

S

sariq

AFAIK OEM versions have not any CD key, but they can only be installed on computers for which they are supplied. when you will boot from this CD it will detect your system and give suitable warning message ;-)

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Try Magic Jelly Bean Key Finder. Its a freeware that retrieves the cd key used to install windows from your registry.

rajasekharan

Youngling
Do you remember a crack . . ?? That retrieves the cd in your system ??? Try that :). Install xp on your friends system and use that crack to retrieve the cd key :).visit " projectw.org" look under windows genuine advantage fix :).under applications. It will give you that software ;-).

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Even if you do get to install it on your PC it will ask you to add the activation code within 30 days of installing the OS...basically the moral of the story is that it is still considered piracy i.e you cannot use an OEM verison meant for one PC to be used on another.

hailgautam

Youngling
did you try Belarc Advisor, it tells the cd key for sure. But it may be sometimes the manufacturer's factory installed product key rather than yours.

*www.belarc.com/

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
>Start
>Run
>Type Regedit and click ok
>Navigate to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ WindowsNT\ CurrentVersion.
>ProductId will give you the Windows CD Key

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Even yourself managing to get the key and installing XP doesn't mean you will be able to activate it. Most likely, the product key is linked to the Bios of the original machine and I think doing like this will be construed as piracy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom