Xp Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dando

Broken In
Whenever I Use My PC for sometime I Get and Blue screen and this message.........
A problemhas been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen restart your computer.If this screen appears again follow these steps:
Check to be sure if You have adequate disk space.If a driver is identified in the stop message,disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver update.Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware Vendor for any BIOS Updates.Disable Bios memory options Such as Caching or Shadowing.Use safe mode to remove or disable components.restart your computer,press F8 to select advanced setup options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
***Stop:0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0x8053C9D8,0xF54CCB6C,0x00000000)
Could U help me With this
Thnxx in advance..

swatkat

Technomancer
Do you have SP2? If you dont have it, install it to relove your problem.
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330187

Also, try applying the options Load optimal settigs or Load default settings in BIOS.

OP
D

dando

Broken In
Wll Thnxxxx
.........But When I had only XP it gave me this problem..But Now I Put service pack 1 Still the problem persists..
Now i'll Put SP2

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
do u get any error msgs in any section of event viewer in xp ? . if so please post the msg here .

See if u get the error in safe mode too . If not , reinstall device drivers for ur m/b and other devices.

does the error occur while running any particular app ? .

simple clearing of bios , too sometimes helps set things right .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Do all that klinux and swatkat said, especially clearing the BIOS. Also the 0x8E error is an uncaught kernel exception error, which mostly indicates a fault with a faulty/incorrectly loaded driver module, most probably a faulty display driver. Uninstall and reinstall your display driver and see if that helps the problem too. And as swatkat suggested, upgrade to SP2 ASAP. You can find it on the September 2004 Digit CD/DVD.

swatkat

Technomancer
Press DELETE while computer is switched on.
Then, somewhere in the BIOS Options, there will be one option called Load default Settings or Load Optimal settings. Move the Arrow keys to select any one of the above option, and press ENTER. And choose Exit option in the BIOS, it prompts you to save the changes or not, you choose Yes (Press Y) to save the changes.
That's it.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
the same thing happens to me... i bet its when you disable and re-enable your local area connection. i think it a problem with sp2 and realtek RTL 8139/810x chipset based lan cards.

Tech&ME

Banned
this is also to do with "UNSIGNED DEVICE DRIVERS" so please check that out too. Uninstall the unsigned drivers and try to get signed drivers from the manufacturers website and download them and install. Check for the driver and try to update them from the net. This should re-solve the problem, also install SP2, some similar problems were taken care off in SP2 by Microsoft, so install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom